Things that didn't annoy you before you started losing weight

Dominoid

Likes cheese
Has anybody else found they've developed a whole load of new annoyances now? For example, the following have been bugging me lately:

Packet sizes that aren't a multiple of the portion size:
Special K for instance comes in a 550g box but a portion size is 30g. 30 goes into 550 18 and a third times. Thanks Kellogs, now I have to buy 3 boxes of the stuff!

Unhelpful or missing nutritional information on packaging:
Contains 3g of protein per portion. How much is a portion then? Shhh It's a secret. Or even worse when the packaging has nothing on it and you can't tell. My personal favourite is Mark and Spencers Bakery stuff as they DO give you nutritional information per 100g on their website, but you can't actually find out how much stuff weighs for love nor money.

'Healthy food' that isn't healthy:
Reduced Salt Tate & Lyle! Now with 50% less Llama! Contains less fat than the leading brand* (*of lard)

Also, my magic clothes that keep getting bigger meaning I have to buy new work shirts are irritating me at the moment. Even the ones that have always been tight look like the ones I did art in as a kid now.

I've got to say this makes for very amusing reading! Gave me a giggle, but its true, I get annoyed when only some nutritional information on food is provided :)

Manufacturers don't make it easy! I shop at Lidls quite a bit (its at the end of my road) and find that quite a lot of their foods aren't labelled up :eek:

This is so true! What really annoys me is when something that is clearly being sold as one portion (e.g. 500ml bottle of pop) has the calories per portion displayed really prominently on the front but then somewhere on the back in teeny tiny writing it'll say that there are 2 portions in the bottle.

not being able to eat my own body weight in chocolate anymore is quite annoying (tho i am having a freddo bar today 5 syns) but its only day 3 so its hard to know much more than that I know my shopping just cost a lot more than i expected it to which is also quite annoying realising i have literally no clue how to prepare and eat some of the fruit i just bought (sharon fruit) is annoying. oh i could go on and on tbh i find almost everything and everyone annoying ha ha ha

That some times the thing that marketed as low fat or low sugar arent actually that good for you. Iv started a better low crap diet for my kids and the amount of sugar in low fat yoghurts is stupid! Its like they replace the fat with sugar and sugar with fat or its high in salt or something else thats bad for you.

I must say, I have only just join but anyone joining should read this. Made me laugh and yes everything there is so true!

I have lost 10in off the waist now and still have those clothes. I just keep buying belts (It works out cheaper!) :)

I must say, I have only just join but anyone joining should read this. Made me laugh and yes everything there is so true!

I have lost 10in off the waist now and still have those clothes. I just keep buying belts (It works out cheaper!) :)

ha ha ha ive tried tht with jeans in the past only problem is that the crotch of the jeans end up being 6 inches too low which is not a good look on me

lol a funny read ....haven't been dieting long enough to get annoyed yet but no doubt things will....as for clothes being to loose thats my aim :)

Ha ha this is true! The not displaying the actual.weight of the product sud b criminal lol x

The traffic light system on the front of packaging because it makes no mention of carb content just sugars.

Nutrition details for raw meats being on the reverse of the labels so you can't see it until you open the stuff.

The myth that all things marked "low fat" will help you shed weight.

Lol this made me laugh, i to get annoyed when things are 'low fat' when really they are still full of the crap!

Tins of soup...I was reading the calorie count and after a while realised that was for 1/2 a can! Who only eats half a can of soup?

JMC said:
Tins of soup...I was reading the calorie count and after a while realised that was for 1/2 a can! Who only eats half a can of soup?

This is true!!

Pre package salads are like this and it's so annoying all come in a little pack with 1 fork and says only 350 cals on the tub in big letters then you later read per portion which is half a pack so a salad you thought was like 350 is 700 who's gonna just eat half a pot of salad?! This happened to me at asda with chicken and bacon salad pot I near died needless to say I'm glad I read the fine print before I ate it and I gave it away such a waste of £2!

Pre package salads are like this and it's so annoying all come in a little pack with 1 fork and says only 350 cals on the tub in big letters then you later read per portion which is half a pack so a salad you thought was like 350 is 700 who's gonna just eat half a pot of salad?! This happened to me at asda with chicken and bacon salad pot I near died needless to say I'm glad I read the fine print before I ate it and I gave it away such a waste of £2!

Oooo yes, this is definitely starting to irk me! I find all the small print about how a portion is actually 1/4 - 1/2 a pack when everything else indicates it's designed for one person really, really irritating. I'm just giving up buying ready made pasta salads, it's easier now just to prepare a few packs for myself and carry them around in my bag.

My Dad once told me, always read the small print, he said " the big print giveth and the small print taketh away" it's certainly true on food packaging, but it's so easy to glance at things when you're in a hurry and get it wrong, but I suppose that's why they do it.

Back