Things that make me cringe about being fat...

simples

1. Shop assistants holding up my new trousers to fold them before putting them in a bag when there is a queue behind me. Please put them down...don't wave my tent for all to see!!!!

2. The smarmy comments I got from some sonographers when pregnant. 'The view isn't very good due to your size' 'These thiings are always difficult with large mothers'.

3. Fabric eroding on the inner thighs of my trousers...or chaffing in skirts :(

4. Sweat

5. Not being able to chase after my little ones as long as I would like.

...please feel free to add.

simples - i am sooooooooooo with you on the larger garment folding front

can I also add P.E at school (and I wasn't even big then except in my head)

Oh ditto SB. I hated PE. I was always told I was large and looking back at pics...I really wasn't. I grew up feeling fat.....always.

Trying on clothes and having to ask for the next size up - which seems fine when that size up is a 12, but not a 24... then you get the hideous response "I'm sorry madam, we don't stock those sizes." *Shudder*

Being too unconfident about getting up to naughty business with the light on... and refusing to do certain 'positions' because of how you look/bend! (Maybe that one's just me...!)

Going to the gym and feeling like everyone is staring you as if to say "why are you here?"

The total, white knuckle fear of getting into a swimming costume.

The feeling of people judging you if you decide at a restaurant to have a pudding, or accept another helping when at a friend's house for dinner.

Going to the cinema and wondering, panicking, about not fitting in the seat (same applies for aeroplanes, theme park rides etc).

Getting out of breath doing really menial tasks.

Being told you have 'such a pretty face'... why don't people just say what they thing, i.e. '...but it's a shame that...'

Back to clothes - not being able to wear/fit into the clothes that you want to wear, instead becoming a clone of every other 'fat' person, wearing the only clothes that cover us up and attempt to flatter us. No such thing as individual style when your size goes past 24 - not beyond accessories at least!

Worrying that your OH will empty the washing machine and be confronted with the size of your knickers. I don't know why this worries me so much, he can clearly see the size of my bum - but knickers always seem so much WIDER!

Not being able to wear nice dainty bras - only big bolster holders with wide straps.

That's all I can think of for now! I am sure I will think of more!

A x x x

worrying about (or even worse just plain not) fitting into seats. went to a fairground last year with friends and could barely fit in the seat. i had a real struggle to get the straps done. absolutely ashamed.

looking in the mirror (close range) before a night out and thinking "yeah, i don't look too bad...", off out with head held high, photos are taken and put on the internet, you wonder who the hell that blimp in a dress is, oh wait, thats you....

peoples nasty comments!! :(

anna already said the seats one. ignore me ;)

...also the fact that plus size (grr I hate that term) always looks like it was designed for your granny!

two words- asos curve. :)

i should add of course it'd be preferable to not have to go for plus size but in the mean time no need to dress like you're 80 :D us bigger ladies can still be fashion forward x

Having to wear shorts under my summer skirts because my legs rub together so badly...

Looking at my holiday pics and bursting into tears...

The look of disbelief on peoples faces when I decline pudding because I actually don't have a sweet tooth...

My daughter coming home in tears because the kids in her class tease her because her mum is fat...

Trish x

Oooh I have some to add:

Having to wear 15 layers of body shaping underwear and still looking like one of those kids toys where you put the doughnut shaped things on the pole only they are are all in the wrong order.

Having to invent a bizarre rolling onto your front method of getting out of the bath (I don't have to do this anymore, hooray!!!).

Friends giving you clothes and saying "Here, you can have this. It's too big for me."

Waving goodbye to someone and realising that your bingo wings are still waving 3 hours later.

Getting up in a public place and knowing that you've left a sweaty bum imprint on the plastic seat but not being able to hide it because you will draw attention to it.

Trying clothes on in shops where the curtain doesn't fully fit across the cubicle and getting all hot and sweaty trying to struggle into the clothing while holding the curtain closed.

Leaving the house feeling really good about the way you look today, only to be horrified as you get a glimpse of your reflection in a shop window.

Looking in the mirror and thinking "I look slimmer today" but when you sit down: Spare Tire City.

Perhaps these are just unique to me. I have loads more but that's enough for now! :p x

At my biggest this summer, shuffling across a carpark ankles really hurting, barely able to walk, lumbering exactly like my dear departed mum did when in her 70's and 20 stone.

The thing I hated the most is thinking what my fit/yummy man must be thinking watching me shuffling. That and I saw myself in a full length window and thought yuck is that what I look like now ( I avoid mirrors)

I am only 38! But being 18 stone plus is no good for my joints, thank goodness I am nearly 16 stone now and falling

oh gosh agree about the yummy man, i'm too ashamed to look at them cause i know what they'll think when they look back, I WANT MY PERVING RIGHTS BACK!! haha x

I remember being mortified in my first pregnancy when it was printed on my scan report 'view limited due to BMI'

I hated it when my dh was lighter than me. It's just not right and I didn't feel like a woman at all.

If I was out on a night out I couldn't bear to touch up my make up in the loos as I was sure some skinny 18 year old was going to laugh and point out to me that no amount of makeup was going to make me pretty.

I'd been on a night out with dh, years ago and we went for a burger before going home. As I sat down on the seat in the burger bar it creaked - it wasn't due to my size it was just a creaky chair but I was so sure everyone would be looking at the fat girl eating a burger and breaking the chair that I couldn't eat it. Dh thought I was stupid and got so mad at me but I was really upset!

I hate seeing my reflection in shop windows
I want to feel sexy while with my partner
I dont want to hide my self under baggy tops

These might be useful to re-read in weak moments :)

I have to agree with every one of those that you guys ahev mentioned.

Also to add,

Feeling like everyone is looking at you when you eat out.

Or just looking at you in general.

And the one that hurts the most:
When family members point out that 'your piling the weight on again,' as thought you didnt actually notice yourself.

Back