Thinking about joining WW on Wednesday...

87sal87

I'm thinking of joining WW this wednesday & I've checked the website & it's abit vague. There's a few things I'm not sure on, can fellow WW-er's help me out?

- How do you join? Do you just turn up at a meeting & say you want to join or do you have to phone somewhere?
- I've got a coupon for the first meeting & registration for free, so will I be charged anything on the first night? & How do you pay each week? Cash or direct debit?
- What do you get given on your first meeting?
- Are the groups friendly?
- What are your general comments on WW?

I'm thinking of joining WW this wednesday & I've checked the website & it's abit vague. There's a few things I'm not sure on, can fellow WW-er's help me out?

- How do you join? Do you just turn up at a meeting & say you want to join or do you have to phone somewhere?
- I've got a coupon for the first meeting & registration for free, so will I be charged anything on the first night? & How do you pay each week? Cash or direct debit?
- What do you get given on your first meeting?
- Are the groups friendly?
- What are your general comments on WW?

1) you just turn up at the meeting and say you want to join :)
2) if you have that voucher, you don't need to pay anything on your first night. on your second, you can decide to either pay cash each week (£5.50 i think), or you can get monthly pass (which is about to go up to £19.99 a month). For monthly pass you pay by debit each month. For that, you also get use of the website. If you can afford to pay that money up front every month, it's worth it :)
3) On your first meeting you will get a wee folder with all your basic information, and a tracker to write down everything you eat
4) this totally varies between meetings, I have heard bad comments from time to time, but I have been to three different meetings in my area and they have all been lovely
5) I absolutely love WW. I have been doing it since April and lost just over 2 stones and in general I don't feel like I've even had to make that much of a sacrifice!!

Hope that covers everything and is a bit helpful :)

everything above is correct hehe but i just wanted to highly agree with the comment about not feeling like you've had to make a sacrifice, i think this is why ww is so successful because you basically dont have to give up anything it's more about portion control and realising now to balance your meals for the week to ensure weight loss, but still plently of room for treats

Also with ww, if you do exercise you earn activity points, which are extra points you get to use or save depending on say if you had an event coming up that week, save your exercise points and you will still continue to lose as well as enjoy yourself :)

good luck! ww is amazing x

Thanks so much for the advice hunni's! I was busy the wednesday just gone so I'm gonna start next week. Can't wait actually! :D
I am doing okay at the moment, but the loss is slow & I loose track really easy, I'm hoping WW will give me that extra 'push' I need...lol x

Back