Thinking of joining, advice needed.

Hoping some of you guys can help me. I've been on the cambridge diet for around 12 weeks now, and have lost 3 stone, but to be honest im totally sick of it. i'm now seriously thinking of joining SW. I just wondered if any one had ever left cambridge /lighter life to join SW and how they found the change. Im expecting to gain a few lb in water retention, but it doesn't bother me as i know i'm not gonna start stuffing my face again. I now feel happy in my skin, my 12/14's now fit me so i feel as though i'd like to loose the last bit slower. So, i was just wondering if anyone has done the same thing, and how they adjusted to eating properly again

Hiya good luck with SW. I have not done CD before but I know this question has been asked quite a few times on here so if you scroll through the thread titles I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for.:)

Hiya hun and welcome to the site, You will notice if you have a peep through out forum that alot of CD dieters joins us as a maintenance problem.

Good luck and enjoy the site.

Ruthy xxx

Hi there, I joined SW 3 weeks ago after doing the CD. To be honest I spent a month eating no food (just CD shakes/soups) and I needed a change and SW seemed the best move, and it was.

My preparation for SW was 2 weeks of introducing food slowly, like chicken and veg and really trying to keep low fat etc and over the 2 weeks and at my first SW weigh in I'd only gained 2lbs since leaving CD. Still drinking plenty of water but not the VAST amounts that I used to and it seemed to work out ok.

Since leaving CD I've gone on to lose another 5lb over the past couple of weeks with a slight gain one week of 1/2 lb which was my fault. But all in all SW gives you the flexibility to eat normally, with the family, when out etc and still gives you a very good, sensible weight loss.

I hope you get on OK and really would urge you to give it a try but to be realistic about the amount of weight you lose/potentially can lose as its not the fast dramatic results of CD but the results there are all the same.

Good luck x

L

Never done CD but that's excellent advice from T4A. I would recommend SW to anyone especially if you want to eat without too many restrictions. The weight loss won't be what you are used to but ultimately you will find it easier to keep the weight off

What a great reply T4A hello georgie I joined this forum a few weeks back I to am on CD and plan to switch to SW plan very soon but am just so scared i put on more than a few pounds and my weight loss stops after the strick regime of CD. I am at present on CD 1000 plan introducing a few more foods in prep for switch to SW to reach my goal. I do love the SW plan it is easy to do and I really enjoy the choices it offers done it a few years back and lost over 2 stone although i did put it all on and more but that was my own fault. I am looking forward to leaving CD and following SW and T4A post has inspired me I hope I can do as well good luck whatever you decide and please keep us updated luv Alli xxxxxxxxxxx

Very sound advice from T4A ~ it would perhaps be a good idea for you to move up your CD plans into 1000 and then swop across to SW.

SW is definately a plan that quite a few ex-CDers move across to as it gives you lots of flexibility. But just be prepared for a much slower loss, though as long as you realise this and stick with the plan you'll do ok :D

Awwwh girls, this is what this forum does best. Shares all our stories so that we can learn from each other.

Good luck in your switchover and thanks for the rep pts :)

Id done CD it nearly bloody killed me! and the shakes very so vile in the end i thought to myself there must be more to life than this!

SW is a great plan to follow if you want to maintain your loss from CD. Its a healthy eating plan which will allow you to introduce food back into your diet.
I know a few people stick to the green days until their body can get used to having CARBS again.

Once again good luck with your loss and keep up the good work.

Ruthy xxx

Thanks guys for the advice, i'm just not sure how i'm going to re - introduce breakfast etc again, as i've had evening meals occasionally, but nothing else.

Slowly and a little at a time. Just have something like a boiled egg for the first few days then add toast

thanks guys, i have decided to take the advice and move up to 810 and then 1000 plan on CD, then i will contact a SW leader and swap over and join you all.

Thanks loads

I DONE CD AND LOST 2.5 STONE IN 7 WEEKS BUT UNFORTUNATLEY BUT ALL BACK ON . IT WAS MY OWN STUPID FAULT AS I JUST WENT MAD AND ATE WHATEVER!! DO NOT DO AS I DONE BUT IF YOU START THIS YOU WILL BE FINE HUN. EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOSE SO GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT....

Back