Thinking of Joining Weight Watchers

Samstar

Hi everyone, I did weight watchers last year and lost 2 and half stone but, then fell off the band wagon, and put 1 stone back on but I joined slimming world a couple of weeks ago cos I just couldn't get my head back in to weight watchers and thought a change might do me good, but I really am struggling on SW I find portions sizes aren't disciplined enough( or me!) I also find I can't seem to eat what I want, I try to eat fairly healthy but when the kids are on hols I'll take them to Mc Donalds etc sometimes for lunch or we'll have a chinese and I know that with ww you can count the points and I know what I can have, I also find when I leave WW I feel inspired to do well after the talk, whereas my SW talks seem to end up being talking about everything but the diet, I just think am I being to hasty jumping from diet to diet or do you think I should rejoin ww as I know the diet works for me, sorry to ramble I just really want to make this work this time as i feel I have spent my whole adult life dieting!!
Samx:confused:

If your not happy with it and see WW as the free choice go back to WW. Only you can decide :) I enjoy the choice i have and that my leader is so supportive even when i see her at the school gates! I like that if im in a hurry i can nip to asda and pick up a ready meal and that no matter what food i pick i can have it if i want!
I did do SW and i didnt like the portion control or lack of it and i struggled to lose weight and often binged on a whole pizza to myself, now i just havemy pizza and point it up :)

But thats my experience and im happy with WW and wouldnt go back to SW now.

Yeah I've been reading some of the weight watcher posts and think I'm definitely a WW girl! I know the diet so well but obviously will stick to it this time I am determined so I'll join tonight, thanks for help!I feel on sw when i have a red day i know i can't have lots of potatoes or pasta so I seem to crave it more and vice versa on green, which proves to me ww must be the diet for me
Samx
icon14.gif

Hi sam , most of us jump from Plan to plan until we realise what suits us best.
Just go for it you know it works and if you get bored or losses slow stick with it best to sts than gain like I've done for years :cry: I dropped the word diet as it's a plan for life , I don't feel deprived now.
Good luck xx

Yeah I think thats a good idea and make it a plan for life, so you enjoy it, I think I might find it easier this time especially after feeling restricted on SW (not that I think badly of SW as I have friends that have done fantastic with them but I just think its not for me) I might appreciate the freedom of WW and I know our leader is really motivating.
Thanks for all the help
Samx

Ive just switched from sw to ww today hun, have always done ww but thought sw might give me a boost. Loved sw way of eating, sadly it didnt love me and i gained 2 pounds in my first week :sigh:

So ive rejoined ww class and off i go.

Good luck with your decision

Yeah I've been reading some of the weight watcher posts and think I'm definitely a WW girl! I know the diet so well but obviously will stick to it this time I am determined so I'll join tonight, thanks for help!I feel on sw when i have a red day i know i can't have lots of potatoes or pasta so I seem to crave it more and vice versa on green, which proves to me ww must be the diet for me
Samx
icon14.gif
Were you not encouraged to do Extra Easy which doesn't differentiate between your carbs and meat and you can hav as much as you like at the same meal ?

My sw leader did mention the ee and I tried that for a couple of days but I think it was a mixture of things, the SW diet obviously works fantastic as I have several friends that have lost alot of weight with it but I found it difficult and unfortunately my group was not very inspiring they seemed to talk about everything but slimming world and sharing tips, which would have been fine but I wanted the support and guidance and just didn't feel inspired when I left the meeting, which I do with my WW leader, I think it depends on the people around you, I did feel sorry for the sw leader as people were talking over her, but at the end of the day I wanted it to work for me and I think SW and WW are equally as good but just suit different people,
Thanks Samx

Back