Thinking of starting CD

hunca

Silver Member
Hi there
I've mucked about on SW on & off for several years never really making any progress but having spent the last couple of hours reading through the posts here I am really inspired by u all. I've emailed my local CD lady to find out how I go about 'joining' so I hope to hear back from her soon. Do you have to make any special preparation b4 starting or do you just start.Do most newbies start with SS ?
I reckon I must have about 6-7 stone to lose so do you SS for a limited time? Do u get the sticks for checking if u r in ketosis from ur councillor. Sorry for all the questions !!!! How much should I expect to pay per week? Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings!!!!

hiya,
first of all welcome!
people do recommend that you cut down carbs and drink more water a week prior to starting, this will help with carb withdrawal, although i didnt do any preperation, i had a huge indian take away the night before and i never had any side effects,
i started with SS as its the fastest weight loss,
i also had 6 stone to lose, i will stay on SS until i get near goal, after 4 weeks on SS you have to have a week of add a meal, i havnt done this yet as i had a break over xmas so i dont know what it entails,
i think most CDC have ketostix for you to buy, but i bought mine from ebay for a fiver,
i pay £40 per week for my packs.
hope this helps!! :)

Hi Hunca, this sounds like my story a little, i was faffing about with atkins for years and then found this site one day and found a CDC and haven't looked back since, it's fab diet with really great results.
As vamp says it's a good idea to preapre by cutting down on carbs and upping water intake.
Yes i think most people start on SS but you'd have to talk it over with your counsellor to make sure you don't have any medical problems etc.
..after 4 weeks on SS you have to have a week of add a meal,
I think this had changed now Vamp, you can do SS for 12 weeks before having to do the higher calorie 810 for 1 week and then you can go back to SS for another 12 etc...
I think most people pay between £35-40 per week and that includes your food packs.

good luck with getting a reply soon!!
xx

oh and i don't use the ketostix some people like to use them but they they're not essential and if you stick to the diet you will be in Ketosis anyway
xx

Hi Hunca, this sounds like my story a little, i was faffing about with atkins for years and then found this site one day and found a CDC and haven't looked back since, it's fab diet with really great results.
As vamp says it's a good idea to preapre by cutting down on carbs and upping water intake.
Yes i think most people start on SS but you'd have to talk it over with your counsellor to make sure you don't have any medical problems etc.

I think this had changed now Vamp, you can do SS for 12 weeks before having to do the higher calorie 810 for 1 week and then you can go back to SS for another 12 etc...
I think most people pay between £35-40 per week and that includes your food packs.

good luck with getting a reply soon!!
xx

ohh no wonder my CDC never mentioned it to me!

CD is the best thing I ever did :D You have to be in the right mind set but once there you will find the journey quite enjoyable ish lol .I had a large amount to lose but found the time flew by and would recomend it to anyone .You need to have a good chat with your cdc about which plan you wish to do ,I think the cutting down on carbs is good advise as most get the headaches and withdrawl symtoms to deal with while trying to get into ketosis .I found I got into ketosis in 2 days or less so it isnt long some take 4 days but these are few I think .Read up on all the info good and bad as I had been a member on here I knew about all the possible side effects none put me off and I would do it all again .xxx

hello oh yes hun come and join us cders its a fab diet .... ive done loads of different diets and this 1 is fab and u will defo lose weight if u stick 2 the plan ...its not a walk in the park but its only 4 a short time and it is bearable so i think its worth it ... u can get the keto sticks from ya cdc or boots and i think a lot of chemists stock them..i hope u join us xx

Thank u all 4 taking the time to reply. I'm going to phone my CDC tmrw & arrange to meet up with her. I'm going away to Lanzarote for 1 week on 22nd Jan so want to be ready to start when I get back even if it means spending the 1st week cutting back on the carbs. I'm positive with everyones support I will succeed on CD.

Back