Thinking of starting SW

maluvoo

I am hoping you could please give me some advice!! I started the Cambridge Diet on Thurs but gave up last night!! I miss sitting with my husband and boys at the table and eating together. I need to do a diet of sorts, however, as following the birth of my youngest 3 months ago, I have just gained more and more weight and it's getting me down.

What are you opinions of Slimming World? I think I am brain washed by the low-carb world re read about....has anyone done green days and found they still have a weight loss? What on average do people lose each week doing SW? Many questions...much curiosity!

Thanks. xx

Hi Rachel.

I dont do SW but I spotted your post in Gemmas diary, it seemed to be overlooked there as noone had replied to you so I thought Id move it out here and hopefully someone can help.

Didnt want you thinking youd been ignored :)

Hi. I am vegetarian so only do green days and average 1.5 - 2lb a week in weight loss which I am really happy with. Have a look at the SW website, there is loads of info on there and also sample menu's etc. Good luck with whatever you decide.

It's entirely possible to lose weight doing green days but like any weight loss programme it takes work. You have to be prepared to make changes and stick to them. SW is not about a quick fix like the VLCD, it's about making lifestyle changes that you can follow for the rest of your life and not just until you reach that magic number. It's about healthy, home-cooked meals that can be eaten and importantly enjoyed by the entire family. I did almost entirely green days and lost seven stone in 11 months, losing regularly throughout the entire time. Good luck with whatever programme you decide to follow but you'll find lots of advice and support here if you decide to down the SW route.

Don't hesitate! I lost weight (before I stupidly put it all back on!) faster and more consistently than with any other slimming club. It doesn't have to be lots of carbs, but it's the fats hidden and otherwise that do the damage. You won't be hungry and the whole family will be eating healthily.

SW is the most amazing weight loss plan you could ever wish for. It is easy, family friendly, you can eat out and to be honest it never feels like a diet.
IMO it's the best choice you could ever make!!! I've been doing it for almost 2 years now and I am mostly green. It took me 14 months to get to my target weight and I lost 3 stone. It is steady but healthy and enjoyable. Me, my OH and daughter all eat the same meals and it makes my life so much easier!!
Whatever you choose, good luck but I think most on here will endorse the SW way!!
Jay xx

Hello Rachel. I would recommend you pop along to a SW group to find out more and you will be able to speak to people face to face about how their weight loss is going. It is a plan you can do for life and I actually now stop myself from saying 'I'm on a diet'. I wish I could speak to more people who are stuck in a rut with how they feel and encourage them to go to sw. I would recommend going to group though. Yes, you have to pay but it is something that will keep you on track and I look forward to it every week. Think you'll find you won't spend so much on shopping too. I used to do a big monthly shop now it's smaller weekly shops to get fresh fruit, veg and meat. We share recipes on here and people are really helpful answering any queries. I say go for it! My average loss is about 1.5lb per week. But I don't have too much to lose. But even if I kept losing 1.5lb every week for a year it would amount to 5.5 stone!

go for it! I only really started properly last week but now I've got to grips with the plan I think it's excellent, it encourages you to eat good food and there's no need to go hungry. My OH hasn't even noticed the difference in food though he keeps demanding SW chips!

Back