This greedy bear is gonna eat less, move more and love life 🐻 💕

ThNks guys - my daily aim is 5k and I feel I’ve done well if I do that (I don’t achieve it every day)

Managed 5k today though and on plan so far....

Worked from home today and therefore racked up 1,000 steps. Whoops. But had loads to get done so it was just a case of being glued to my laptop all day. I did manage to get out when I dropped baby bear off at nursery but that’s a 15 min drive, so not going to help my step count much.

Ah well. Tomorrow is a new day, and I’m off to see some friends and go for a walk then back to one of their homes for brunch. Now I’ll try and be vaguely sensible at brunch but... sometimes you have to have a little treat right?

I got a 1lb loss this week, which I’m not thrilled about but a loss is a loss and it’s all good really.

Sticking to slim fast milkshakes for breakfast. I then have a snack mid morning and either a meal bar or a packet of nature valley oat bars (2 in a pack). I have another snack in the afternoon then a decent tea. Tonight so had chicken and rice. I usually allow myself a snack later but eh evening too - that has ended up being a 2 finger kit kat recently and so think I’m in a bit of a bad habit with those as I almost always have one, but really I don’t neeed them...

Last edited:
It's a loss hun and hat's the main thing, especially as you've been able to have little Kit Kat treats and so on (and you absolutely have to have treats! :D).

Enjoy brunch!.

Haha thanks susie. Yeah, I feel it’s better to have treats and get a slow steady loss... ALTHOUGH ... Friday showed a 1lb loss, weighed again on saturday and showed a 4lb loss - arent scales just STUPID!!!

Had a lovely time with my friends. Didn’t go crazy with brunch but it was yummy and it was the only big meal I had yesterday, I kept going with small snacks and then had a bagel for tea. All good!

Some lovely pics of the day with my friends AND the delicious brunch
8E7BBEC8-3ED3-4DF1-BD00-E9182C284A15.jpeg
AFCE5C2E-DB26-44A8-B7E2-D8785701398F.jpeg
785975E1-7544-420C-AEF9-17EDDAF2ECAE.jpeg

Today I did some baking with my two year old. It was really cute. We found a peanut butter muffin recipe with not much sugar in. She called them butter puffins 🤣

Butter puffins - love it :).

Beautiful pics Claire, I love days out like that, there's so much out there to enjoy - on a nice day :). Brunch looks good too mmm.

And I hear you on the scales, it's crazy how the number on them can bounce around!

Totally makes you wonder why we even bother to use them?? Although the giddy happy feeling I get when I see a loss is pretty satisfying... I guess that’s why ☺️

Lost 2lbs this week. Yay :)
Been shopping in Milton Keynes today - walked round IKEA and racked up almost 5,000 steps.

Going down to devon at the weekend to see my parents. They have just got back from a cruise so I am hoping they will be keen to eat sensibly and won’t have too many treats at their house.

I am book to go out for dinner with my partner on Monday evening though. Can’t wait - really nice restaurant near my parent’s house. Definitely won’t be eating sensibly for that !!

I’m staying with my parents for a few days in Decon.

They. Are. Feeders.

I can’t blamw them entirely. I am responsible for what I’ve shoved in my gob hole the past few decades... BUT geez it has never helped that they show care for me by buying super yummy food... croissants for breakfast, fresh baguettes for lunch, bacon and eggs, roast dinners etc etc THEN my dad also brings out mini eggs, crepe eggs and all sorts of choccy desserts. I swear he even offered me a mini trifle at one point!

I’m here for three nights. Enjoy. Regret. Move on...

Oh no, that sounds like a real minefield!

Did you speak to them about maybe not having quite so much yummy bad stuff about? What about suggesting something like, instead of food treats, could they put the money towards a nice day out somewhere, or a pound into a savings account for Izzy?

Otherwise, I think your "Enjoy. Regret. Move on..." mantra is the best option for you x

Back from my parents house... 4lbs gained!! Lost 2 again fairly quickly, now trying to get the other 2 off so I am back to where I was.

Am aware of Easter looming - Id like to be able to treat myself and have a choccy egg or two... but I really need to make some progress in order to do that !!!!

I’d love to break through the 22 stone mark before Easter... so that’s 6lbs off... I’m on it 👍🏻😋

Well done on losing two pounds already Claire, you expected to gain while you were fed up by your doting ma, so that's pretty good, I think!

You can so do the 6lb Easter challenge, I'll join you (when is Easter?? LOL).

Haha susie - it’s Mid April, fairly late this year, thankfully !!! so I we’ve got 3 or 4 weeks... doable right? You’re on xxx

Just catching up with all your news,lovely photos and some lovy walks

So I lost what ended up being 4 add on pounds after that weekend in devon... just in time for a night out in Birmingham last night!! Went with my partner to see the Zutons. Had dinner in a Korean restaurant - didn’t actually go that mad and did 8,000 steps so hoping it’s just the 2 pints of beer that would have taken me over my cal count.

Going for a few days being really good, as well as time of the month coming to an end - hoping for at least a maintain when I weigh in on Friday...

Well done on losing the holiday gain Claire, you are doing so well, juggling all the family stuff and eating plans!

What or who are the Zutons?

The Zutons are a band - they wrote and sang ‘Valerie’ that’s amy winehouse later did a cover of. They are an indie band - but jazzy and a bit of funk mixed in. Fairly easy listening - they were popular about a decade ago :)

Had a busy day in Birmingham - 8,000 steps!! Had a Korean meal out, but made good choices so in the end (apart from a giant pancake stack for breakfast) I’ve been pretty good! I even resisted the yummy food at the conference I went to during the day.... my reward? I lost 4lbs !!! I’ve hit 22stone!!! Which was Easter target - sonInguess the next challenge is to KEEP it off now haha

Went to a mother’s day afternoon tea at nursery today. Going out for proper afternoon tea in Sunday too......... temptation is everywhere people

Just realised I’d already posted about my day in Birmingham - sorry for the repetition!! Am so tired at the mo 🙄😴

Back