Three things you have learnt on LL?

katalena

Enjoying life!
Can you name three things that you have learnt on LL that will stick with you on your journey and in the future?

It can be anything i.e. tools that you will find useful, methods of managing your healthy lifestyle, healthy eating, thoughts & feelings, emotions, crooked thinking, abstinence etc...

We are all at different stages of this journey and sharing these ideas may be useful for others too.

I look forward to hearing what three things you have learnt.

Kat xx

Last edited:
I have learnt:

1) That if I want something enough I have the strength, will power and determination to make it happen no matter what with no excuses.

2) That I have a good life and can manage the pressures, stresses and strains that life throws at me in a calm manner without the need for food whether that be comfort eating, boredom eating, being self destructive or just generally stuffing my face.

3) That I will never have to accept being "big" because that is just me and that is how I have always been again. Succeeding and being slim is nothing to be afraid of.

Kat xx

A few of mine would be..

1. Stress does not get managed by food. I used to just stuff the stress down by throwing something in my mouth quickly...which brings more stress.

2. I've learnt to listen to my body. I know it sounds obvious but I never recognised when I was full, I recognised it as an uncomfortable feeling....which I tried to solve by eating more...:O

3. I've learned to like my body. Even though I have loose skin in places...every cloud as they say and I no longer have cellulite....wooohooo so big cheer for that...:D

I'm sure there are lots more so will probably come back to this thread again.

hi there

things i have learnt:

1. that food is 'only food' - it will still be there tomorrow and the day after and the week after. i know what it tastes like and i don't have to eat it right 'now' - its not going anywhere

2. feeling hungry is not a 'bad' thing. that emptiness is not the same as hunger - i like the 'empty' unstuffed feeling

3. i am not destined to be big, its not all genetic, i am not 'big boned' nor do i have a 'slow metabolism' - i ate too much for me.plain and simple.

daisy x

1) eating ain't all about eating chocs
and crisps

2)hunger ain't all
that bad :)

3) appreciate the food we are given
and don't go overboard with food intake

I have learned loads of things on this journey - but here's three:

1. To listen to the needs of my body and question if I need to eat before I actually do.

2. That I can cope without using food as my emotional crutch.

3. That sadly, people respect my professional opinion more now than they did when I was size 20+, even though the message is the same.

xx

I also have to say no matter how good you've done so-called mates will be jealous and envious of what you've achieved, since losing and going gym
and everything Else but have to say I've lost so-called mates along the way, which I have to say has benefited me :)

Back