Tillymax is trying again

Yum !!! I love asparagus and boiled eggs. We have wild asparagus growing on our land. Tomorrow I will be down the lane ( Body Magic ) collecting some and then no prizes for guessing what lunch is going to be.

Lucky you :)

Suggested Topics............

Extinction of the Vancouver Island Marmot.
Russia's 2012 Space Programme.
The technical advantages of robots in the home.
Flower arranging as therapy.

:8855:Robots and flower arranging may be out cos I think he's a flower arranging robot

And whatever else pops into your head lol !!!

You could always put a huge dose of laxative in her morning coffee. That way you would be guaranteed that she would be out of the office most of the day.........wicked............yup that's me lol !!!

This is more my way of thinking. Love it :D

Me neither, never heard of them or any of the other exotics...............

Eddoes are small root vegetables, a variety of Taro. They offer an intensely flavourful alternative to standard potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams and can be prepared and eaten in much the same way.

Don’t be put off by their appearance, as after removing the rough brown skin with a peeler they can be easily prepared. Once cooked they have a sweet, subtle, nutty flavour and are delicious mashed with milk, butter and a little grated nutmeg. They are also a great blend in soups and can be fried to make tasty fritters.

Eddoes are versatile vegetables and are also perfect for baking, chipping or roasting

Eddoes.jpg

They look yuk

What are Taros ??? Of to ask my friend Mr. Google.

Hi Tilly as usual a quick pop in did not pan out like that.

So pleased Mr. Grumpy is in danger of becoming Mr. Ungrumpy.

Your resilience in the face of adversity will pay off...........

hugs xxxx

I'm a trier. In fact my hubbie says I'm very trying :D

Well it started off with us normal ones having a giggle at different things in a sex shop mag - stuff like that looks good or what the hell do you do with that. We're all having a lovely time and having a giggle and pretending we have exciting sex lives and Mrs Sandwich says now that my sons 12 we don't use those things cos he'd be able to hear. Back to earth with a bump we all came :rolleyes:

Surely the sainted 12 year old can not be involved with the extinction of the Vancouver Island Marmots ???

Mind you the sex shop one sounds much more fun...................

what is an exciting sex life ?????

Well it started off with us normal ones having a giggle at different things in a sex shop mag - stuff like that looks good or what the hell do you do with that. We're all having a lovely time and having a giggle and pretending we have exciting sex lives and Mrs Sandwich says now that my sons 12 we don't use those things cos he'd be able to hear. Back to earth with a bump we all came :rolleyes:

Aw dull. Must just be my mind which has meandered down all sorts of unspeakable roads!!:eek:

Surely the sainted 12 year old can not be involved with the extinction of the Vancouver Island Marmots ???

Mind you the sex shop one sounds much more fun...................

what is an exciting sex life ?????

Maybe the few remainig Marmots could be persuaded to adopt the grotty kid.

An exciting sex life is the one that other people think you're having ;)

Could somebody remind me what sex is please...oh no hang on ...I'll google it...that's what Mal says he's doing on the net late at night ;) :8855: :8855:

Mrs S sounds gross :eek: why would you bring up at work with people that you barely know the fact that your son might over hear your shinanigans...eeewww ....I adore my grandchildren and constantly witter on about them, but kids and sex should never be in the same sentence unless your in bed with your partner and you say shall we make a kid :giggle: hahaha ;);)

Ok change of subject eddoes, Kally they were a tiny bit slimey but I washed them after I peeled them and they were fine, I then par boiled them after I'd sliced them (first time I boiled them in their skins they were very slimey) and then cooked them exactly as I would cook SW chips ...they were amazing, I liked them the first time too but preferred them this way as they were a lot more crispy just how I like my chips.
Tilly up close they look like miniature coconuts to me lol, they are quite small but I love them and would definitely have them again xxxx

Morning Tilly !!!!

I have decided an exciting sex life must be trying to have sex without a 12 year old hearing you :8855::8855:.

I am with you Lily, sex, what's sex. Isn't that what coal comes in lol :8855::8855:

Have the best day you can Tilly.Sometimes life is so unfair. You suffer at work and we benefit from you recalling your day on here in your inimitably humorous style......thanks for that !!!

It will be a sad day for us if all your work colleagues become *normal*.

thanks Lily I shall give them another go
as the sliminess put me right off last time
to the point of not even trying them which is unusual
for me to be put off :giggle:

Mawning Tilly

love the new avatar chook
lovely wee doggies
hope you manage to have a good day

xx

Hey Tilly, hope you're having a good day...but know you'll have a better one once you're home and on here with family :hug99:

Sue, that made me spit my water across the room, I am thinking about employing some 12 year olds to come and sleep in the other room to test your theory...can't use my grandchildren that would be too gross :giggle: xxxx

OMG I've just spent ages typing a long post and the bl**dy things gone :mad:

I can't be bothered doing it all again

Mandy you've put that image in my head now :yuk:

I've bought some asparagus and I'm gonna have that tomorrow. Do you eat the flowery bit at the end?

:8855::8855: glad you have th image too, maybe mine will go away now. although i did wonder if he was grumpy in that situation and how she would bring her son into thier conversation :eek:

hate it when i lose a post :mad:

and yes you do eat the flowery bit, that's the best bit :D
xxxx

Aww...nite Tilly x

Just had great fun catching up with all your goings on lol!

Thanks for the giggle hun x

Nite nite Tilly

zzzzzz

Morning Tilly

So it's the old asparagus wee for you today then
you are in for a treat ;)
Merry Wednesday chook x

OMG I've just spent ages typing a long post and the bl**dy things gone :mad:

I can't be bothered doing it all again

Mandy you've put that image in my head now :yuk:

I've bought some asparagus and I'm gonna have that tomorrow. Do you eat the flowery bit at the end?

Hi Tilly.

With asparagus it is best to do the flex test. Hold the stem and with both thumbs and forefingers and bend it . It will find it's own breaking part. You eat all of the stalk and "flowery" bit. The rest you discard as it will be woody. I sometimes boil the woody bit to make a stock. It is best undercooked as it is not so nice if it is soft and squashy.
One of my favourite asparagus dishes and is SW friendly is to melt your allowance of Philadelphia light and either use it as a dip for the asparagus or like a bed to sit the asparagus on and serve it with hexb of new potatoes and "gentle" vegetables. You do not want anything that over- powers the asparagus.

I love asparagus and use it in all sorts of ways. It is delicious cooked al dente and layered with cooked potato slices, sweetcorn in an oven proof dish. Pour half a packet of made Coleman's cheese sauce over the dish ( 8 syns) and bake in the oven. I serve this with cauliflower and broccoli and I love it !!!!! Yum, yum.

You will find great info and some fabulous adaptable recipes here

http://uktv.co.uk/food/ingredient/aid/504035

Last edited:
:eek: :eek: where are you Tilly :eek: :eek: was the asparagus that bad :eek: I won't try it then :8855: :8855:

No seriously how are you sweetie? Hope all is well :bighug: love the new doggie piccie they don't look scarey at all :) mind you looks can be deceiving take Carla as an example :8855: xxxxx

Hi sweetie, hope you're having a good day...am I the only one that doesn't like asparagus then ??
Oh well we can't all like the same things I spose ....wherever you are and whatever you're doing...STOP .....and get your butt on here...we miss you :giggle: xxxx:hug99:xxxx

Love your new avatar, very cute :hug99:

Back