Tillymax is trying again

Afternoon tilly, do you have the recipe for your carrot and coriander soup, I only do mushroom and bacon but fancy a different one for a change. xx

I pinched it from Crumbles diary. Do you want me to post it here or do you want to get it from there. It's yummy :)

Evening Tilly,
Did you sort something out about your daughter's phone? x

Insurance excess is £50 and the cheapest I've seen a new phone is £100. I'm not gonna bother claiming so we've ordered another and I've told her when I'm old and she's having to wipe my ar*e to remember this moment :8855:

They're sending out a new sim card so she'll be able to have the same number. It's been quite funny to watch her without the phone - it's like a drug addict going cold turkey :eek:

She's said she'll pay for it at £10 per month but it's at the bottom of a long list of things she's gonna pay me back for.

I would have left her with the old cronky phone until she'd saved towards the new phone but I can't get it topped up. I've tried and it won't do it. It's got £3 on it so she'll be ok for a few days but I don't want her without a phone now with her travelling a long way to college and getting home late. I feel safer if I can get in touch with her :)

Insurance excess is £50 and the cheapest I've seen a new phone is £100. I'm not gonna bother claiming so we've ordered another and I've told her when I'm old and she's having to wipe my ar*e to remember this moment :8855:

They're sending out a new sim card so she'll be able to have the same number. It's been quite funny to watch her without the phone - it's like a drug addict going cold turkey :eek:

She's said she'll pay for it at £10 per month but it's at the bottom of a long list of things she's gonna pay me back for.

I would have left her with the old cronky phone until she'd saved towards the new phone but I can't get it topped up. I've tried and it won't do it. It's got £3 on it so she'll be ok for a few days but I don't want her without a phone now with her travelling a long way to college and getting home late. I feel safer if I can get in touch with her :)

Love it, tell my kids the same that they need to remember these days when I am old and cranky(ier) and need them to wipe my dribble and butt lol
I agree with not letting her be without a phone in this day and age, my granddaughter has one at 13 cos she goes to high school and as my daughter lives miles away and has to pick the other 2 up from junior school, she takes the bus, wouldn't want her travelling all that way without it xx

Hi tilly, couldn't find the soup, could you post it on here for me to copy, thanks.

My Granddaughter who will be 9 in a few months asked her mum for a mobile phone because all her friends have one, her mum said no, so she came to her Grandad and he said no she was to young, now she is not speaking to any of us.xx

Hi tilly, couldn't find the soup, could you post it on here for me to copy, thanks.

My Granddaughter who will be 9 in a few months asked her mum for a mobile phone because all her friends have one, her mum said no, so she came to her Grandad and he said no she was to young, now she is not speaking to any of us.xx

:8855:enjoy the peace aand quiet cos it won't last long.

Here's the recipe. I did it slightly different to Crumble and she did it different to the original. I think the original used pearl barley and Crumble use yellow lentils instead but I can't remember the amounts. I didn't have either of those 2 so chucked in half a bag of red lentils :D

Carrot & Coriander thick soup
serves 4 (think it served more than 4)

Green and EE - free/Red - 7 syns

Ingredients
8 carrots
1 lrg onion
1/2 tsp garlic salt

1 tsp ground coriander
½ bag red lentils
2pts stock with 2 knorr stock cubes
s/pepper

1)
Chop veg and place all the ingredients into a saucepan. Stir.

2) Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1-1.5hrs. (took me and Crumble about 45mins)

3) Keep checking and adding water if necessary. (good tip )

4) Blend to thicken more.

Hey ~Tilly , daughters phone :rolleyes: been there done that got the tshirt.... bless

soup sounds good I do plan to make Michelle's lentil and bacon soup this week as I actually bought lentils on Sunday in preparation.

I really need to sit and work all day tomorrow :( got this new book and struggling with it.. can't seem to get my brain in gear, but guess having a stroppy sulk didn't help much :8855:

We had the wind and rain here. blimey it was strong. Got soaked taking Charlie this morning, literally down to my bra and pants, crazy weather. Then it brightened up and just windy so thought i'd be clever and hang washing out. plenty of pegs of course but had to get it back in when my rather large knickers started flying around the garden :8855:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, definately not worth it.

Lloyd always tells me, that my investment in him will be repaid when he finds me a nice care home:8855::8855:

Hi Tilly x

I just noticed the recipe for carrot and coriander soup and its tickling my taste buds!

I know I've got a bag of red split lentils at home so I think I'll give it a go when I'm off work next week :)

Thanks for taking the time to put it on here xx

Have a good day xxx

Food for yesterday 12/09/11

EE day

Breakfast
2 quorn sausages, beans, egg and mushrooms

Dinner
carrot and coriander soup

Tea
Shepherds pie (1 syn) (veg in shepherds pie was mushrooms, carrots, peas, onions, tomatoes) with bns chips, swede, cabbage and creamy mushrooms (A)

Snacks
fibre plus bar (B)
plums
eton mess (4.5 syns)

syns for the day

syns for the week
32/105

Another day at work that has dragged but at least it's over :D

I've been shattered this week - don't know why cos I haven't done anything exciting :rolleyes:

I bought a load of veg when I went shopping at the weekend so I think I'll freeze some of it before it goes manky.

We're going to an Italian on Saturday night so I'm gonna look the menu up online and see if there's anything suitable to eat that will keep me on plan. I'll post the info later and you can help me decide. We were supposed to be going on Friday but that's right before weigh day so I've persuaded them to go Saturday instead. If I don't lose this week I might just pig out when I go the Italian :)

:8855:enjoy the peace aand quiet cos it won't last long.

Here's the recipe. I did it slightly different to Crumble and she did it different to the original. I think the original used pearl barley and Crumble use yellow lentils instead but I can't remember the amounts. I didn't have either of those 2 so chucked in half a bag of red lentils :D

Carrot & Coriander thick soup
serves 4 (think it served more than 4)
Green and EE - free/Red - 7 syns

Ingredients
8 carrots
1 lrg onion
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground coriander
½ bag red lentils
2pts stock with 2 knorr stock cubes
s/pepper

1) Chop veg and place all the ingredients into a saucepan. Stir.

2) Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1-1.5hrs. (took me and Crumble about 45mins)

3) Keep checking and adding water if necessary. (good tip )

4) Blend to thicken more.

Thanks tilly going to make this tomorrow, where will I find Michelle's lentil and bacon soup that's sounds lovely too. xx:)

Michelles diary is minimum but I'll copy it here as well. I don't add the bacon on green days and add sweetcorn, mushrooms or any veg I need to use up.

Homemade Lentil and Bacon Soup

Red Split Lentils (bag of)
Bacon x 6 rashers cut into small pieces
Onions
Carrots
Potatoes (optional but good for your speed foods)
Knorr vegetable stock pot x 2
Salt and pepper

Wash Lentils thouroghly and place in a saucepan, add chopped onions, carrots, potatoes, stock pots, and salt and pepper... Add water just above the level of all ingredients. Leave to boil with lid on for approx 30 mins whilst stirring occasionally. Keep the water topped up to just above the ingredients level and leave to boil for a further 30 mins. The soup is ready when the lentils have turned soft and have changed colour into an orange colour. I eat it like this but you may want to blend.
You can also adapt this to a slow cooker as I have many times before done it in the slow cooker.

how spooky is that :eek: I came on here to catch up and to ask for the recipe you have just posted :8855:

hows things sweetie? still 100%?? xxxxx

Been 100% since Saturday when I last weighed in and so far so good this week. Last week I was hungry all the time but I seem to be back to normal this week (touch wood)

I love bns. Can't believe I've missed out on this veg for so long in my life. I might try celeriac next week :)

I might try a new veg or fruit every week cos you never know what you're missing.

Hope you get that book sorted soon :)

Back