Tillymax is trying again

These are the puds or sweet things I have tried and liked - Ferrero Rocher (1 syn), Chocolate truffles (2.5 syns for 2), Lemon curd tartlets (4.5 syns), Yogurt gingerbread (4.5 syns), Banana, Custard and chocolate pots (1.5 syns), Banana and custard with cinnamon (2.5 syns), Melon Banana splits (1.5 syns), Jelly Mousse (1.5 syns), Giant Jaffa cake (abt 4 syns).

These are the ones I thought were ok - Chewy chocolate chip cookies (4 syns), mini carrot cake bites (12 syns the whole cake).

I've tried loads more that I wouldn't do again.

Just waiting for the banana icecream to soften a bit and then I'll let you know what I think :)

Like the sound of the yogurt gingerbread and that large jaffa cake sounds good, too.
In fact, they all do. :drool:

Trying to remember some of the things we've tried in the past. Hmmm, will have a thinky. :hmm:

Come on Tilly, give. Whats the recipe then for the yogurt gingerbread?
Care to post it over the next couple of days so I can make it next week? Pretty please. ;)

Come on Tilly, give. Whats the recipe then for the yogurt gingerbread?
Care to post it over the next couple of days so I can make it next week? Pretty please. ;)

Sorry I thought you had it.
Yogurt Gingerbread
serves 24
4.5 syns
Ingredients
340g/12 oz self-raising flour
170g/6oz caster sugar
113g/4oz low fat margarine
1 egg
1 x 200g Mullerlight Vanilla yogurt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tbsp candied ginger
Fry Light
1 level tsp icing sugar

1) Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4. Place all the ingredients except the candied ginger in a food processor and blend until smooth and well mixed. Stir in the candied ginger.
2) Grease a square baking tin with Fry Light and spoon the mixture into the tin, levelling the top. Cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes until risen and golden. Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and then cut the cake into cake slices and then halve each slice again.

I didn't bother dusting with icing sugar.

are ferrero roche really only 1 syn!:D

They aren't the real ones. The recipe in the recipe thread is 1 syn each and uses scan bran. I used ryvita and unless all the syn values have changed they work out at 1.5 syns.

Just try not to eat the jar of nutella :eek:

Ferrero Rocher Alternative
Makes 20
1.5 syn each
Ingredients
8 ryvita (9 syns)
4 level tbsp nutella (16 syns)
1 level tbsp syrup (2 syns)

1. Crumble 8 ryvita in a bowl. (I crush them with a rolling pin)
2. Mix in 1 tbsp water, 4 level tbsp nutella and 1 level tbsp syrup.
3. Divide into little bun cases and set in fridge.
OR
Crush 8 Ryvita with a rolling pin, add 4 tablespoons of Nutella that has been warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave. Add syrup. Stir well and spoon into small
cases.

Verdict on banana icecream

It was ok. Very similar to when I freeze a yogurt so probably won't make it again. I'll just freeze a yogurt instead. It was very filling though and you got a lot for 3 syns per serving.

I'd rather have carte d'or. How many syns is that cos I could save them up and have proper icecream.

Thanks for the recipes Tilly that yog gingerbread sounds yummy. Can you cut them into gingerbread man shapes before baking them or would that not work? Love the sound of ferrero rocher using ryvita because I have never been able to blend scan bran- I only have a hand blender and it flies all over the place.

The yogurt gingerbread is a cake not gingerbread men.

I've just got back from the pictures. We saw Bridesmaids and I really enjoyed it. It made me giggle. I was quite good - just had a tiny bit of popcorn and a few minstrels.

I had pork stir fry with noodles for lunch and I'm just cooking some more steak for tea - it was a massive piece so I'm using the last bit tonight :)

It's taken me that long to get on this site that I've forgotten what I wanted to say :8855:

It's weigh day tomorrow and I'm so worried after my little holiday. I was very naughty so I suppose I deserve to gain but I don't have to be happy about it.

I keep thinking I'm catching up with all the washing and then one of the kids brings a truck load from their bedrooms :rolleyes:

I'll see if I can have a look around or if it will chuck me off again. Is it just me having problems on here?

I am really really happy and also extremely amazed. I lost 1lb :eek:

Now it might not seem like a lot but it takes me into the 17's (just) and 2 stone sticker and club 10 :D

Also on Wednesday morning, after my naughty holiday, I had a sneaky peak on the scales and they showed I was 18.6. I nearly threw thr bl**dy things out of the window but realised I couldn't afford to replace the window or the scales so I just hid them instead :)

Now some of this weight must have been food weight. Actually I don't care what it was as long as it's gone :D

tillymax said:

Now it might not seem like a lot but it takes me into the 17's (just) and 2 stone sticker and club 10 :D

Also on Wednesday morning, after my naughty holiday, I had a sneaky peak on the scales and they showed I was 18.6. I nearly threw thr bl**dy things out of the window but realised I couldn't afford to replace the window or the scales so I just hid them instead :)

Now some of this weight must have been food weight. Actually I don't care what it was as long as it's gone :D

YEAH.... Well done on your 2 stone Hunny!!! :) xxx

I'm still having problems with this site. It takes me ages to get on and then chucks me off as and when it feels like it. Might have to get one of the technical people (otherwise known as children) to have a look at it :D

I've just had my breakfast come dinner and it wasn't very nice. I made potato rosti with bacon but I couldn't get it to go into little cakes so it was just one big mess :)

I think if I did it again I'd just add bacon and onions to some left over mash and have a fryup :D

I'm making the bacon and veg pie for tea. The recipe was in the July magazine so I'll let you know what I think.

Daughters going to another party tonight and has been getting ready for the last 3 hours so far :eek:

Another 3 hours and she should be ready :D

Oh great :mad: I distinctly remember you promising a 10 stone gain somewhere and on the strength of that I had a tsp of choccy fudge cake with cream today. :mad::mad:
And what do you do?.... lose after a pig out holiday!

Seriously, really pleased for you, and dropping to the next stone zone. Well done. ;)

Bah... gonna look so bad for me now.:(

Back