1in/2 ½ cm root ginger
1tsp ground all spice
Handful of thyme
1tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4pt/142ml red wine vinegar
4floz/113ml dark soy sauce
2 tsp artificial sweetener
Lime wedges and a crisp green salad to serve

You whizzed up all the ingredients (apart from the chicken, lime and salad). Then poured it over the chicken, covered it and left it overnight. Cook at 200c in the oven. Serve with salad and squeeze lime juice over.

It tasted really vinegary.

At least I'm having fun trying these recipes :)

Hi Tilly xx

Can't believe I haven't been here before!

I made something using gammon and diet coke ages ago...it was awful! :yuk:

Hiya Dawn.

I'm glad you and Jackie have kitchen disasters also.

Everything I tried last week I really enjoyed but this week most of it's been yuk.

I made the diet coke chicken and on the pictures the sauce thing looked quite thick. Mine took that long to thicken that the chicken was soooo dry. Haven't tried it since :8855:

I'm gonna have a go at that chicken recipe of yours tomorrow Jackie and another chicken recipe. Can you tell I've got some chicken that needs using up :D

Well my gammon thing was useless...didn't thicken up at all...horrible!

I think it's the only thing I've made that I didn't like, so far anyway!

Loving the cooking determination! I love to cook, don't have as much time or confidence as I'd like to have. Also money can be restrictive haha! But do love it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good morning :D

I am cooking already :eek:

Today I'm trying the sticky chicken, sweet chilli chicken and Thai style chicken cakes. I'm making a small portion of each to see if I like any of them :)

Blimey Tilly your good! :D I shall have to get the whip out to Mr Boo....oh wait a minute! :D

Hope your having a lovely and soundingly productive day! Boo xxx

Just what I was thinking. Tilly turning into a regular Mrs Beeton!

I really liked the Thai Chicken cakes. Would have chopped the onion a lot finer next time tho. Tasted a tad raw.

Can't wait to have the Sticky chicken later. Dont' think I can wait till tea. Bout 4 might be my limit.
Ohh I do loves me food. :drool:

I think I'm a bit more like Gordon Ramsay - well the language part anyway :8855:

The Thai things weren't nasty. I just don't think I'll bother to make them again. Now the Cajun Chicken Burgers that I made last week were yummy. I used pork mince cos I couldn't find chicken mince so I suppose they were Cajun Pork Burgers :D

Going to the pictures again later. Don't know what we're seeing yet.

Back