Tillymax is trying again

One handed typing's normal for me :8855:

I don't know about the syns. If you feel safer limiting it to 70 for the week then go for it. I'm gonna do the 105 and see how many I use.

Lily - I thought you were diabetic so didn't know if all would be suitable.

Todays food for my green day
Br porridge (B) milk (A) raspberries and yogurt
Din 2 veggie burgers (I was gonna have spicy wedges and salad with them until I realised I'd used all the potatoes and didn't have any salad stuff)
Tea shepherds pie

syns so far
brown sauce (1 syn)
jelly (0.5 syns)

I aren't going shopping until tomorrow evening and I've no salad or anything else fresh. I get a bit panicky when the cupboards are low :eek:

I have no A's or B's left and now fancy weetabix :8855: why is it I read diaries and want to eat

Tilly,
I am diabetic hun, but I can still have pudding just have to watch what I eat and check my blood sugars regularly and that way I determine if certain foods, not just puddings are suitable...and since I have been doing SW my blood sugars have been really good on the whole, even with puds lol, so I shall happily continue doing what I am doing xx

Jackie I so know what you mean, yesterday I found a recipe for Bovril roast potatoes (OMG!! yum yum ) on someone's thread, I dreamt about them all night and just had to indulge, not once but twice today lol...must put that recipe in the, now and then box, as I could and possibly would have them at every meal and somehow I don't think I'd get away with calling them part of my superfree lol xx

Last edited:
tillymax said:
I've had a Nandos. Don't know how many millions of syns in that but just hope I haven't b*ggered it up for weigh in on Saturday.

Oh Hun *hugs* you are allowed special breaks to keep your sanity every now& then! As you know I'm worrying about my wi this week too but we must be positive *crosses fingers*

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've got an even better idea. I'll send you a list of everything I want to try, you cook it and I'll come for tea :D

And there was me thinking you were the next Nigella... ohh except that oggling thing she does at the camera. Plain scary. :eek:

Where'd you get your veg burgers recipe from? Was that out of one of the mags?
Trying to eliminate ones that are no goes so I don't waste time and ingredients. ;)

Morning Tilly, hows you today? All lined up for a cooking extravaganza? If you're doing batches and freezing don't do a cherry-pie and not label anything and end up having 'freezer surprise!' for tea every night!!! xxx

Tilly,
I am diabetic hun, but I can still have pudding just have to watch what I eat and check my blood sugars regularly and that way I determine if certain foods, not just puddings are suitable...and since I have been doing SW my blood sugars have been really good on the whole, even with puds lol, so I shall happily continue doing what I am doing xx

That's good Lily. Do you have to take meds for it or can you control it with food?

Oh Hun *hugs* you are allowed special breaks to keep your sanity every now& then! As you know I'm worrying about my wi this week too but we must be positive *crosses fingers*

Thanks hun. It didn't do much for my sanity though cos I'm still a nutter :D

And there was me thinking you were the next Nigella... ohh except that oggling thing she does at the camera. Plain scary. :eek:

Where'd you get your veg burgers recipe from? Was that out of one of the mags?
Trying to eliminate ones that are no goes so I don't waste time and ingredients. ;)

I've told you I'm more like Gordon Ramsay with the language and shouting :D

Yes it was in one of the mags. I'll dig the recipe out in a bit and put it on here.

Morning Tilly, hows you today? All lined up for a cooking extravaganza? If you're doing batches and freezing don't do a cherry-pie and not label anything and end up having 'freezer surprise!' for tea every night!!! xxx

I've had freezer surprise too :8855:
This time I've been really organised and put labels on everything.

Hi Tilly

Hope you have a lovely weekend. I had weetabix for brekkie as was good and resisted last night :D xxxxx

Well done Jackie. It's awful when you read someones diary and want to eat what they've written down.

Here you go Crumble

Veggie Burgers
2 garlic cloves
2 spring onions
handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
handful of fresh chives
fry light
312g quorn mince
312g mashed potato
198g peas
312g cooked carrot
1 egg

Cook quorn and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
Allow to cool.
Blitz all ingredients in food processor.
Season and cover and chill in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
Then divide the mixture into 8-12 balls.
Flatten each one slightly and spray with frylight.
Barbecue (I used the grill) foor 6-8 minutes on each side.

There's also one in the Aug 11 mag on pge 84.

They were ok but I think I'd just do warm up in future. You know where you'd put left over mash and veg in the frying pan and warm it up. The veggie burgers tasted similar to that but were much more faffy to make :)

Yeah!!!!! WELL DONE!!

Here is to a new & more Lossful week! :) xxx

Hey Tilly, well done on the weight loss amazing job :hug99:
My diabetes, now there's a subject lol....the short answer is, I should be on meds but they made me so sick and I have tried loads and loads of different ones, that my doctor and I agreed, even though he was not best pleased, that I would try the diet and exercise route, he wasn't convinced I could do it, I sure proved him wrong lol, my Blood Sugar's were way into the 20's when I started to lose weight, at the moment they are hovering around the 7 mark, not brilliant, as they really need to be under 6.5 daily, but we are both fairly happy with how they are progressing right now, so as long as I keep up the weight loss and exercise, hopefully they will drop even further, I have to have regular blood tests to make sure they are remaining stable.
That veggie burger recipe looks lovely, going to have to add it to my ever growing recipe file lol
Have a great day hun, speak soon xx

Lily that's brilliant about your blood sugar.

Things like that are good motivators too :)

Well done :D

Hi Tilly,
Omg aren't they though, even if I did want to kind of give up on SW (which I absolutely don't), that's another reason I have to finish this journey, I so looked like death warmed up when they were that high and of course I was a ticking bomb...but now all is good, won't say great till I have reached Target lol....have decided I am definitely going to try those veggie burgers monday...already got tomorrows roast out and thawing or it would be tomorrow lol
Have a fantabulous day, I am off to ogle men's bums, cya later xx

Hiya Tilly

Well done on your weight loss girlie! Bet your chuffed with that, looks like your on a roll! :D:D

Hope your've had a lovely day Tilly and a great evening, catch up with you later Boo xxx

Back