Tillymax is trying again

I've finally got some of the Crumble yogurts. I've just tried the apple one and it was nice.

Are you sure they're only 0.5 syns :eek:

I've finally got some of the Crumble yogurts. I've just tried the apple one and it was nice.

Are you sure they're only 0.5 syns :eek:

they are insanely deeeelish aren't they...don't say 0.5 syns too loud they might hear ya and put them up a syn or 2 lol xx

Just in case your still not clear, they are definitely only 0.5 syns each, although my C says they are free that's what it says on the sheet he got, but I prefer not to take chances...especially when I have days like yesterday and it's all I really wanted, so I had 6 lol xx

P.S. I love the apples ones, but the rhubarb ones are to die for xx

Well done on losing 1.5lbs this week Tilly! :)

I've gone over syns today but I don't feel guilty cos I'm trying the weekly syns thing. Must try not to eat the full weeks in one day :8855:

Food today red day

Br weetabix (B) and milk (A)
Din sticky pork (1 syn) with veg
Tea Chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese and veg (1 syn)

snacks
Wispa (11 syns - I think)
velvet crunch (4 syns)
crumble yogurt (0.5 syns)
2 ryvita (B) and cottage cheese

syns so far 17.5/105

Can't believe I forgot it was you weigh in today. That's DH fault for getting sick and not bringing me my morning coffee. Been out of sorts ever since.:grumble:

So big WELL DONE on losing that 1.5 lbs.
respect4.gif

See a little bit of nandos couldn't halt you in your tracks. Wouldn't dare. :p

Jackie - one of the reasons I love Monday weigh in is that it helps to keep me on the straight and narrow over the weekend.
Used to have a Friday weigh in. Loved that as shovelled it in till Monday and then would be in a major panic till the following weigh in. :eek:

Can't believe I forgot it was you weigh in today. That's DH fault for getting sick and not bringing me my morning coffee. Been out of sorts ever since.:grumble:

So big WELL DONE on losing that 1.5 lbs.
respect4.gif

See a little bit of nandos couldn't halt you in your tracks. Wouldn't dare. :p

Jackie - one of the reasons I love Monday weigh in is that it helps to keep me on the straight and narrow over the weekend.
Used to have a Friday weigh in. Loved that as shovelled it in till Monday and then would be in a major panic till the following weigh in. :eek:

now its funny you should say that. I started off a friday weigher, got weighed ate my bodyweight friday and saturday, :8855: then moved to a Saturday morning thinking i'd behave better, worked slightly but still not right, so I do feel Monday could be a good day long term for me, I have no choice but to rethink weekends :D

Tilly - fab fab fab re the clothes. :D its clothes and health that keep me focused on this diet,. and all of you of course :D

I am in the same predicament with the chicken. No idea how to cook it today but thinking it may be 'so juicy sweet and sour' or coat & cook southern fried, decisions decisions

Well done on your loss Tilly. What did you actually have at Nando's? It must have not been as bad as you thought :)

You know the sticky chicken, do you think it could work with quorn fillets? X

Good morning Ladies,
Gosh we all got chicken out for today, have had a good search this morning and have decided I am sick of having my chicken the same old way everytime, roast, stuffed or pizza topped, so I am going to splash out on a whole 3 syns and have a delicious sounding Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya...sounds yum,. can't wait.
Congrats on the clothes Tilly, it's lovely isn't it? I have a wardrobe full of stuff that is really loose on me...have had to get rid of tons to the circus too, they are using them as their new Big Top lol...seriously though had to get rid of a whole stack of clothes that were miles too big and getting to be in the same predicament now, I think I am down to about 2 of everything that doesn't fit too bad at the moment, oh well it's one of the joys isn't it ? lol...Definitely need to contact these designers, you'd think in this day and age with everything they can and with today's technology, that someone would have invented the shrink as you shrink clothing range lol
Anyway off to have a nosey about, catch ya laters, have a great day xx

Hiya Tilly

How's your day today? Oooh I've just read that your clothes are feeling looser, its a great feeling isn't it, bet you can't wait to try on some other bits and pieces to see if they fit you now, I love doing that as I've got a whole range of clothes sizes lol

Anyhoo, catch up with you later Boo xxx

Might have to leave trying on new clothes for a bit cos the baggy ones that I'm wearing now are feeling a bit snug after my tea :8855:

Had an early tea cos hubbies on nights and it was so yummy.

Chicken and Mushroom Pie (1 syn on EE) mmmmmm :D

I also made some buns :) proper buns :D

I made 24 mini ones so they work out at 2 syns each or 3 syns if you add icing. I might use 0% greek yogurt and options cos divided between 24 the syns will be hardly anything.

I've eaten one of the buns and don't feel the need to have any more :) yet :eek:

Chicken and Mushroom Pie
1 syn EE

Serves 4
Ready in about 1 hour 10 minutes

For the topping:
2lbs/908g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
3fl oz/85ml vegetable stock
salt & pepper

For the filling:
4 skinless chicken breasts
fry light
4 baby leeks, finely chopped
4 lean rashes of bacon, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
6 spring onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
7oz/198g baby button mushrooms
2 portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
14fl oz/397ml chicken stock
1 level tbsp chicken gravy granules
1 tsp mustard

a small handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 large egg, beaten

1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees/424 farenheit/gas mark 7. Boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Drain, return to the pan and add the vegetable stock. Mash until smooth, season & set aside.

2. Preheat a large non stick pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and cut into large bite size pieces.

3. Spray a frying pan with fry light. Add the leeks, bacon, spring onion, garlic and mushrooms. Stir fry over a high heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the stock, gravy granules and mustard powder. Season, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.

4. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken chunks and tarragon. Spoon the mixture into four individual pie dishes. Top each pie with the mashed potato and brush with the beaten egg. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes

Now obviously I didn't stick to the recipe. I used carrots instead of leaks, a Knorr veg pot cos I didn't have a chicken one and I didn't bother with the tarragon. Oh and I used the egg in the buns so didn't bother with that either.

I loved it :D

Back