Tillymax is trying again

I hadn't been to the cinema for over 7 years until recently, got out of the habit, but if I do go I cant fob myself off with snacks and low fat stuff. It just makes my brain go 'Oi! You cheated me!!' and I crave stuff until I have it and I end up having more! Maybe that's partly why I don't go to the cinema!!

I hadn't been to the cinema for over 7 years until recently, got out of the habit, but if I do go I cant fob myself off with snacks and low fat stuff. It just makes my brain go 'Oi! You cheated me!!' and I crave stuff until I have it and I end up having more! Maybe that's partly why I don't go to the cinema!!

I have to go cos it's free.

I'm gonna take a pot of jelly, alpen lights, velvet crunch and water. Think the film should have finished by the time I've eaten that lot :D

Am I the only one that has popcorn when watching a movie at home then? I don't watch that many, get itchy feet and jerky legs, ants in my pants hubby says lol...I just bought some popcorn from Tesco 94% fat free, Popz microwave popcorn is 6 syns for 25g (quarter of a bag), loads I know but popcorns like Pringles to me, once I pop I just can't stop lol anyway these new 94% FF ones according to my calculations are 5 syns for a whole 85g bag, just getting my C to check them out for me and if so I am :woohoo: happy as Larry...will update asap and it's yummy too...Son in Law made some and I just had to grab a handful or 3 lol xx
I stopped going to cinema after getting my huge butt wedged firmly in the chair not only embarrassing but painful too...but not for much longer yeahhh xx

Last edited:
Am I the only one that has popcorn when watching a movie at home then? I don't watch that many, get itchy feet and jerky legs, ants in my pants hubby says lol...I just bought some popcorn from Tesco 94% fat free, Popz microwave popcorn is 6 syns for 25g (quarter of a bag), loads I know but popcorns like Pringles to me, once I pop I just can't stop lol anyway these new 94% FF ones according to my calculations are 5 syns for a whole 85g bag, just getting my C to check them out for me and if so I am :woohoo: happy as Larry...will update asap and it's yummy too...Son in Law made some and I just had to grab a handful or 3 lol xx
I stopped going to cinema after getting my huge butt wedged firmly in the chair not only embarrassing but painful too...but not for much longer yeahhh xx

Let me know what she says cos I could take that with me next time. I don't like it just plain though so might have to sprinkle some sweetener on it - or maybe I'll get used to it plain.

The story of the chair has just reminded me of one of the reasons I want to lose weight. When my daughter starts college she will be doing 26 performances a year and I've seen the room they do the shows in. The chairs are on a flimsy tier type thing and they are little thin plastic flip chairs. I took one look at them and knew they wouldn't cope with my weight. I don't want to show her up by breaking the chairs :eek:

Must remember that every day cos it's not long now until she starts.

I will do hun, just wondering if I text him , my consultant is a man lol, if he'll get back to me before next Tuesday..worth a try, but can't see anyway that I have read the nutritional value wrong..will let you know asap, oh and it's buttery flavour too xx

Tilly I just re-read the box ...it says there are :

4 cups popped popcorn per serving (per bag) and the nutritional value per cup is:

20 kcal
0.59g total fat
1g Protein
4g Total Carbohydrate

Now I put that into the SW syns calculator and I get 1 syns coming up per cup .
It also says Packaged (85g)

100kcal
2.5g Total fat
19g Total Carbohydrate
3g Protein

I put that in the SW calculator and it comes up 5 syns (no free foods on either one of the 2 NV's I just gave you)
I personally would be happy to eat that and log it as 5 syns a bag

It's called American Garden Microwave Popcorn, Butter 94% Fat free and 0% Trans Fat....£1.79 in Tesco for a box of 3 x 85g bags

Seems too good to be true lol but I am pretty sure I'm right unless I have missed something..can't see what though? that's why I checked with C xx

Last edited:
Hiya Tilly

Just popping by to see how you are, all this talk of popcorn has made me hungry, and I've no syns left meh! :sigh:

Hope your having a lovely evening Boo xxx

I had a lovely time at the cinema and the film was quite good. It took a bit to get going but I wasn't bored.

I didn't eat anything either. I just drank my water. I'm glad I took food with me cos it was nice to know it was there if I fancied it. The rest of them were stuffing their faces with minstrels.

So far today I've had 0.5 syns. I'm gonna eat the Alpen lights in a bit cos I need the heb and then I'll probably end up having the velvet crunch (4 syns) and another jelly (0.5 syns). That would bring my total for today to 5 syns.

100% on plan today :party0019:

Good for you Tilly!

Not sure I could be surrounded by chocolate munchers and just sit there drinking water! :worthy:

I'm going to look for that popcorn. Hope your C tells you you're right, Lily.

Strange you should be mentioning the less than adequate seating at some places because I'd just been posting about that over at my diary.
I was another one who's bum got wedged. :eek:

Never forget going to see my son in his first primary school play. Walked in and was confronted by these chairs only big enough for a Sindy doll and encouraged to 'take a seat' by his teacher.:eek:
Was she taking the mick or what?
No way would my behind fit on those things. I'd have needed at least 4 side by side.:(

I have to go cos it's free.

I'm gonna take a pot of jelly, alpen lights, velvet crunch and water. Think the film should have finished by the time I've eaten that lot :D

But doesn't your brain go 'Oi, missus, big screen, comfy seats, bust eardrums.... where's me sugar?!?!?!' :17729::atthemovies::party0027::eating:

Im weird with popcorn, I dont like the husks being caught in my teeth, does my nut in. Will sometimes have a little if it's soaked in butter and salt, and kind of eat the puffy bit and leave the husk, but even then some shell bits get stuck and I get p'd off lol

Strange you should be mentioning the less than adequate seating at some places because I'd just been posting about that over at my diary.

Never forget going to see my son in his first primary school play. Walked in and was confronted by these chairs only big enough for a Sindy doll and encouraged to 'take a seat' by his teacher.:eek:
No way would my behind fit on those things. I'd have needed at least 4 side by side.:(

Hence why I kneel next to the tables of the little ones when I'm in KS1 instead of sitting on those chairs, they do your back in chronically!

But to let you in on a secret, most of us cant sit on them either and would really not put them out as audience chairs, but most schools don't have any real people chairs in them except the one or two we get in the classroom/staffroom haha

#

But don't you find that's exactly the same anywhere you go, nowhere ever caters for the larger people, not school, not restaurants, not cinema, I can't think of a single place that has wider seats, other than say a church pew but even the the gaps to get in are so narrow and your knees are pressed hard against the pew in front....you got to a restaurant they have flimsy little chairs, or cubicles so narrow you still have to sit on the flimsy little chairs or the chairs have arms or even worse the stool kind and my hubby wonders why I hate going out to eat! :mad:

But doesn't your brain go 'Oi, missus, big screen, comfy seats, bust eardrums.... where's me sugar?!?!?!' :17729::atthemovies::party0027::eating:

:8855:

Im weird with popcorn, I dont like the husks being caught in my teeth, does my nut in. Will sometimes have a little if it's soaked in butter and salt, and kind of eat the puffy bit and leave the husk, but even then some shell bits get stuck and I get p'd off lol

I actually like the husks being caught in my teeth, anything that lets me know I have eaten I love it lol

Hence why I kneel next to the tables of the little ones when I'm in KS1 instead of sitting on those chairs, they do your back in chronically!

But to let you in on a secret, most of us cant sit on them either and would really not put them out as audience chairs, but most schools don't have any real people chairs in them except the one or two we get in the classroom/staffroom haha

I went to my grandkids sports day a few weeks ago and cos of back condition my daughter asked prior to me going if they could supply a chair for me (when did they stop doing proper sports days, what a load of rubbish...my opinion...they do at schools now, plus if it's to stop competitiveness, their excuse, why do they all have different team colours? ), they had loads of comfy chairs, i was expecting either a kiddies chair that I was gonna laugh my head off at or one of the one's I'd seen in their staff room, nice comfy winged ones ...all changed since my kids were little I can remember going to open evening and having to squat on a chair about 6 inches from the floor hahaha xx

Good morning all :D

I didn't mind not eating last night at the pics. I had just had my tea though so wasn't hungry. The seats in the cinema we were in yesterday were quite large and there was a lot of leg room. And the chairs were really comfy. That makes a change cos most of the time when we go the seats are knackered.

I've been to the dentist this morning and had a filling. My plan is to be 100% again today but don't know what or when I'm eating cos I've got a numb gob. I'll just see how it goes.

We're all going to the pics again later to see Cowboys and Aliens. I'll take all my food with me again and just eat it if I want it and won't if I don't :)

I also need to go and look for some wallpaper for the room and dining room.

Busy day ahead then Tilly x

I really can't remember for certain the last time I went to the cinema...I think it was before Gwyn and I got married! We saw 2 weeks notice with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock...so that would be around 2003!

Have a lovely day xx

Hiya Tilly

Just a quick pop in to see how you are and looks like you've been really busy lol

Hope your tooth / mouth feels better soon :D

Catch up with you later Boo xxx

Tilly - what about a nice warming mug of soup, comforting but not too harsh on the mouth if you're a bit sore.

Well done on being prepared for the cinema. They say preparation is half the battle but I'd say more like 80%. I'm sunk if I haven't worked out in my head how the foods gonna play out for the day.

Already trying to fix ideas in my head for how to cope with this garden party I'm going to and it isn't till next month! ;)

I'm with you on that one crumble, if I don't plan the day, I go mad and will eat anything and everything, very dangerous ground for me , I might though if I get a fancy,( won't say craving cos I don't really get them any more), for something different to what I have listed, change something during the day, thank god for editing lol...I often sit up late at night working through the next days menu, even though I know roughly what we are going to eat a week ahead.
Are we all the same? As much as I will say don't worry Crumble I know you'll be fine once you get there and all the other advice blah blah blah, I would and am exactly the same, worrying my head off right up until I actually get there and then telling myself off cos I put myself through all that stress and actually enjoyed it, then going on to do the same thing the next time...so I will say nothing and hope you find a little peace and can relax before it gets here xx

I'm shattered. This bl**dy wallpaper is taking ages to get off.

We went to see Cowboys and Aliens - it was ok but a bit slow. Didn't eat anything but thats mainly cos my mouth was still numb.

Then we started stripping the wallpaper but I've had enough now so we'll carry on tomorrow.

Food today was
Br porridge milk yogurt and raspberries (A and B)
Din (not at dinner time though due to numb gob) cheese toastie (1/2 A and B)
Tea pizza topped chicken (1/2 A)

I didn't eat much of my tea cos it was too tomatoey.

I'm gonna eat some Alpen lights (6 syns) and some jelly (1 syn) in a bit cos I'm feeling hungry now.

I've done my 30 minute walk as well :D

So yes Jackie I've been 100% for 2 days in a row :eek:

Back