Time to Feel Better about myself

Hey everyone,
New(ish) floating member here hoping that this is the time to finally boot my bottom and stop whining and moaning about how big I am.

I am 36 and all my life I have been an average size bordering on big but because I’m tall, I have been lucky that it didn’t show.

then 3 years ago, I had wedding stress, my mum passed away and then I fell pregnant so after that, I inflated and haven’t stopped inflating.

when baby came along and while it was a great time, it was tough and because it was tough and I was tired and still dealing with my loss I gave up and just let myself go.
And from there I moan daily about how fat I am getting and every week I said “right I need to be good” and then I eat all the wrong foods.

being a mum, stress in work and just everything else has taken its toll And I no longer feel myself. I just feel constantly down but I know it’s not a permanent issue, I just need to do something about it so I’ve decided I need to feel better about myself, kick my bum into gear and actually do something so hiya!

I’ve had a so so day today eating so I’ll start recording tomorrow l.

start: 17.12
Goal: 14
plan: Slimming World (working from old plan as I need to find a class to attend to update my plan as I know a lot has changed)

Welcome back and best of luck.

You've had such a rotten time so it's no wonder you've been stressed and just not worried about food.

It's time to focus on you now and your health so that you can feel like you again and start enjoying life.

Breakfast :
Coffee w/ sweetener HexA
Ham and egg muffins
0 Syns
Had a 5min Joe Wicks workout - it would have been longer but I had a toddler using my T-shirt as a Swing 🤦‍♀️

Then we went for an hour walk to local “park” which consisted of two very aged swings in the middle of the field. Reminds me of something from Father Ted when they went for a picnic 😂 but tot had fun for 2mins in the swing then managed to waddle through the tall grass for a while before we headed home because she got tired

Lunch:
Another 2 Ham and Egg Muffins as tot decided she didn’t want hers 🙄
Creamy cheese Mug Shot -3syns
Cup of coffee w/ sweetener and milk (HA)
3 Syns

...I stumbled! Tot wanted something to eat after her nap and I made her a small cheese toastie and I joined her 🤦‍♀️. I was actually ok up until I began handling the food. This will be tricky.
7.5syns for muffin, cheese 5syns
12.5syns

Long day at work tonight then had to stay strong going to the shop afterwards 😂 all I wanted was chocolate 😩
But I’m doing it.

Enjoyed a yummy salmon with veg and couscous meal with a little miso for 0.5syns and light soy sauce and a can of sugar free ginger beer 0.5syns
And then an Alpen Light Salted Caramel Bar - 3syns

Finished Syns : 0+3+12.5+0.5+3=19syns

Last edited:
You did well by allowing yourself a little slip then getting back on it.

I used to just come off for the full day when that happened to me.

You did well by allowing yourself a little slip then getting back on it.

I used to just come off for the full day when that happened to me.
I ended up doing that today 🤦‍♀️ Today was an extremely stressful day In work. No excuses but when I’m worn out, I go for anything. 😩

——-
It’s going to be a loooong day today, I can feel it!

Never got to bed till nearly 1am this morning because I was working on commissions and then tot was up at 630 😩

Starting with a cup of coffee, sweetener and some HexA Milk and a Berocca because I definitely need as much energy as I can grab today .
Me and tot had egg (hers boiled, mines fried in fry lite), no extra sugar beans, a slice of ham and a piece of WW Malted Danish for 3syns because I picked up the wrong loaf 🤦‍♀️
Tot decided she wanted to feed me some of her Wotsits 😩 but thankfully it was only half a pack so 3syns.

We then had some sweet potato fries I made and some ham for lunch.

No exercise today yet as I’ve been working on commissions again during LOs nap but I’m sure I’ll have plenty when I go into work tonight.
.... it didn’t go well tonight ☹ today was absolutely tiring In work - overworked and not enough time that I actually had to take a 10min break which I rarely take because I was so worn out and in that 10mins I ate a full twix and a can of Pepsi Max - 21syns however I’ve done nearly 8k steps one 3h so hopefully it will help a little...

For dinner - hubs (aka me because I’m the one who cooked it) made chicken so I’ve filled myself up with chicken but I needed a drink after today so had a glass of Prosecco :( 30 Syns 😖
=3+3+21+30 =57 🥺

Last edited:
Oh just wipe the slate clean this morning and get back on plan.

Don't let a bad day turn into a bad week.

We all have them so don't be too hard on yourself the main thing is dusting yourself off and starting again.

Today began horrible, up early and not feeling 100% but just in a bleh mood but I’m hanging in tight.

So far, cup of coffee, WW malted danish for 3syns and a little drop of Nutella 5syns.
LO went for a nap earlier than usual so I joined her for an hour before doing housework.
Had half a mugshot since tot decided she wanted some too - 1 syn and some fruit
Tot had just drawn alllllll over the walls while my back was turned 🤦‍♀️ she somehow managed to get hold of her crayola pen for her waterproof mat and decided to draw a little mural. Thankfully they are washable so there is a very faint stain left but doesn’t help it’s the only room in the house where we paid an absolute fortune for the wallpaper because it was the first room we decorated and went OTT in Laura Ashley 😩

Decided I needed something proper to eat before work tonight so we are now sharing a little homemade cheesy pasta -5syns

Long day at work but still doing ok,
Absolutely demolished some Bolognese the hubs had made me with a little cheese and all set for bed. 3syns
Not a perfect day but an ok one 🤪
=3+5+1+5+3=17syns

Another day,

Tot woke at 715 but I was already awake but she gave me a little extra time to finish off another commission so I don’t need to do it later on.

Morning coffee with sweetener and a slice of WW Malt Danish with a little Nutella however, I only got half of this as LO dropped hers and I had to share mines. She’s lucky I like her - hubs doesn’t even get my Nutella - 4syns + 1.5 Syns for milk

It’s lunch time, LO went for another early nap so I managed to finish off another batch of commissions so one less stress 😅

Now she’s up and desperate for food 😂

So it’s a little cheesy pasta (again) since we can’t get out to the shops because I’m waiting for urgent mail (5syns as I had a little extra cheese on top of my HexA) and will be off to the garden once the postman has been.
Work was tiring so I came home and just felt hungry.

Chicken, Italian veg and a tablespoon of pesto for 4.5syns and some instant Cous Cous for 1.5syns
I have decided to have a small glass of rose wine for 6syns.
=4+1.5+5+4.5+1.5+6=22.5

Today’s an utter write off. I’m not going overboard but I’ve been travelling back and forth all day helping family and when it’s possible to eat, there’s next to nothing healthy so I’ve had to accept that I’m definitely over Syns.

tomorrows another day - I am going to weigh on a Sunday and start on a higher note ❤️

You know the two saying it's cruel to be kind and if you haven't got anything nice to say don't say it?

Well I don't mean this in a cruel way but I am going to say it.

If you really want it you should buckle down and have a plan and stick to it. I wish when I started 40 years ago someone told me if you don't do it now you will be on a diet for the rest of your life and they were right. Every day you wake up thinking of food and you get into a cycle of being good for a couple of days then fall off the wagon. Along with losing weight you need to find a way of controlling the bad work days...
The key is plan,plan,plan.

We are here for you. Yo Yo'ing isn't good for you mentally or physically as you think I've done it once I can do it again, But for some reason you always put on a bit more each time.

Make today your first day of having a plan for the week. Weigh yourself then write down your meals and stick to them..

When your tot wants to feed you food say no thank you it's yours. You need to get some control back where food is involved.What you eat is one thing you can control but most of life in general you can't.

Hope you find something to help you in what I have written.

So today is weigh day and do some planning.........:)

It's hard but we all have days like that sometimes, it's just getting out of the habit of reaching for food which I used to be terrible for.

You can do this, it's not going to be easy but it is going to be worth it - 100%

WI today and get straight back on plan, I'm gonna be here with you all the way to goal.

It's hard but we all have days like that sometimes, it's just getting out of the habit of reaching for food which I used to be terrible for.

You can do this, it's not going to be easy but it is going to be worth it - 100%

WI today and get straight back on plan, I'm gonna be here with you all the way to goal.
Thank you so much, it really does help ❤️

well I got a nice little surprise, despite not being perfect this week, I lost 5lb so I’m calling it a win.
Went shopping and restocked with healthy items for me and tot (husband can eat what he wants) and feeling good now xx

Thank you so much, it really does help ❤

well I got a nice little surprise, despite not being perfect this week, I lost 5lb so I’m calling it a win.
Went shopping and restocked with healthy items for me and tot (husband can eat what he wants) and feeling good now xx
That’s a fantastic loss - it’s more than I’ve lost in any week! It’s definitely a win for you.

Little update,
Don’t worry, I’ve not gone anywhere but I am Bed bound loaded with a really bad flu 😒
Still trying to eat better but stumbling at times but it’s giving me a chance To look into better food choices :)

Thanks so much,
Still not 100% but “trying” to eat well during this and happy to say I’ve lost another 3lbs :)

a bit surprised as I’m eating better but not 100% to plan this week but I’m wondering if it could have been my portion sizes which might have been the Problem 🤨

Back