Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Bumblebum said:
With you on the bladder control (And I've only had one!!). Hate having to get up in the night (and they do laugh at me at work when I'm constantly off out to the loo!!)

Nibbling is fatal. Can't you run up and down the stairs a few times to earn a wedge??:D

Bumble
x

I'm not eating my exercise cals this week :) I've noticed in the past that if I don't eat them for a week then do eat them for a week it helps keep the scales moving :) so I'm giving it a go to ward of the full stop I always hit at the mid 12's :) MFP keeps freaking out at me lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just try it after three bloody kids (and they were all big babies too!! ) :( bladder control is so not my strong suit lol

Well crap! Same problem but no kids LOL!! I put it down to the amount of alcohol I had in my 20's!

Sorry to read no wedges for you but good luck with the exercise cals

Legomom said:
Just try it after three bloody kids (and they were all big babies too!! ) :( bladder control is so not my strong suit lol

Hi Legomon have just been reading through your diary and this made me chuckle! My bladder control is useless and i have no kids to blame it on!! My excuse is cos im so short, i therefore have a smaller bladder and need to go more often. Lol!!

Hi Legomon have just been reading through your diary and this made me chuckle! My bladder control is useless and i have no kids to blame it on!! My excuse is cos im so short, i therefore have a smaller bladder and need to go more often. Lol!!

Im using that one from now on. Cheers Munky :D

I'm not eating my exercise cals this week :) I've noticed in the past that if I don't eat them for a week then do eat them for a week it helps keep the scales moving :) so I'm giving it a go to ward of the full stop I always hit at the mid 12's :) MFP keeps freaking out at me lol

I might give that a go. Im sure I have heard something similar before. x

Well scales say another 1.5 of the gain is goooooooone :) just a piddling half pound an I'll be back to my pre weekend weight!!!

I'm actually very pleased with myself. Not coz of the losses but because I'm actually doing 'it' this time!!!
I cant really explain except to say that when I lost the bulk of the weight last yr (from 17.2 down to 12.4) it was really obsessive. I didn't have a single treat or slip up. I just starved myself for four months, I killed myself in the gym and when I eventually did fall off it was because my dad died and as I've spent most of my life despising him I had no idea how to process that so just ate!!! I still don't really know what to think about him dying. I'm waiting for a big emotional 'event' but maybe it's ok to just feel relief? He really was a truly evil *******. And I don't have any reason to miss him or mourn his passing.

This time I feel like I'm actually in it for the long haul. I may be a bit obsessed and I still can't cope with eating the exercise cals back very well but I am having more to eat an it must be enough as I'm not hungry all the time and feel fine!!

But getting back into it when I fall off is a big thing for me. An i think i'm cracking it :) This weekend I ate like a binge demon coz I was stressed. But then I got back on plan! And I am losing the pounds. It's slower than I like but I keep telling myself that's a good thing!!! It will stay off
better!!! Right??

Long rambling diary entry and I still don't quite know what I'm celebrating/reflecting on but I do know that changing your lifestyle and your approach to food isn't always about the food. Sometimes it's about the 'why'. Why do I eat like a git? Why did I let myself get so bloody fat? Why do I sabotage myself with the binges? Why don't I feel like I deserve to be the me I want to be?

Answers on a post card ppl :) lol I'm off to rouse the troops an hit aquafit!

Morning Tina,

can't believe the holiday break is almost gone. You work so hard.

I think things like this make you reflect alot about things and events in the past, its only natural.
It is interesting what you said about when you lost the bulk of your weight last year.
I am trying so hard not to be obssessive over this whole thing, but it really is hard. Somedays calories are all I think about, and I try and keep as "under" as I possibly can! It is really silly I know, but I just can't stand the thought of spending any longer being this size.

I love reading your diary. :D

Enjoy aquafit xx

Squeezyweezy said:
Morning Tina,

can't believe the holiday break is almost gone. You work so hard.

I think things like this make you reflect alot about things and events in the past, its only natural.
It is interesting what you said about when you lost the bulk of your weight last year.
I am trying so hard not to be obssessive over this whole thing, but it really is hard. Somedays calories are all I think about, and I try and keep as "under" as I possibly can! It is really silly I know, but I just can't stand the thought of spending any longer being this size.

I love reading your diary. :D

Enjoy aquafit xx

I know what you mean!! I added up how long to lose 60lb at a steady healthy pace and was horrified at how long a slog faced me!! Hence the crazy diet plan last summer!!! But honestly its the only way. Even if it takes a year to get to goal it doesn't matter!! It's taken a lot longer to pile it on and pushing tooooo hard to get it off fast doesn't teach you anything about how to keep it off. I lost 5 stone and the second I stopped two of em just jumped straight back on!!! I'm still losing the last stone of regain :( but hopefully I'll get to below 12 stone this time!!! That would be amazing. I'm tall an fairly broad so I'll never be a 9 st size 8 :) but I think I can get to 11 st an see how we go from there.

Sounds like a good way of thinking to me :)

I don't eat my exercise cals back either. Working so far!

Im beginning to wonder if me eating back my exercise cals is whats slowing it right down for me? Goes to consider only eatting a wee bit of them!! I think ill try that!
Im another that will never be 9 stone i was under 10 before but totally struggled to maintain it so 10-10 1/2 suits me down to a t :)

I think the longer it takes to come off its supposed to take longer to go back on??

Sounds like you're sounding really positive, and thats good as thats the only time I think the whole thing is really possible.

I know in the past when I've been really strict with myself I've always come back to earth with a bump (and a few extra pounds). A steady loss is much more likely to stay off.

Bumble
x

Well aquafit was an epic fail!! Someone who shall remain nameless but has the initial J ;) had a bad morning so we didn't get him into school till after ten!!!! Grrrrr.

I have a dinner out on fri :) all you can eat buffet lol it's gonna be a nightmare!! There's Chinese Indian Italian and desserts. That's 4 all you can eats in one!!!! Ye gods. I shall try an restrain myself to just being greedy rather than outrageously gluttonous!!!

I'm aiming for the following (can you tell I'm regular at jimmy spices???) the plates an portions are really weeny so I'm going for little bits of the healthiest of my fave dishes :) no rice potatos or noodles tho!!!

Italian baked cod in tomato an basil
DIY stir fry of prawns veg garlic chilli and Ginger
Dry chicken tikka and onion salad
ONE!!!! Small plate of startery bits off the Chinese section that will NOT be piled as high as possible!!!!
Fruit salad......who am I kidding?? As much assorted cake as my belly will hold after all the above :)

I guesstimate 1000 cals before the desserts and we'll see how I fare on those!!!! My stomach has shrunk I think so maybe I'll be too full? As if.

I know what you mean!! I added up how long to lose 60lb at a steady healthy pace and was horrified at how long a slog faced me!! Hence the crazy diet plan last summer!!! But honestly its the only way. Even if it takes a year to get to goal it doesn't matter!! It's taken a lot longer to pile it on and pushing tooooo hard to get it off fast doesn't teach you anything about how to keep it off. I lost 5 stone and the second I stopped two of em just jumped straight back on!!! I'm still losing the last stone of regain :( but hopefully I'll get to below 12 stone this time!!! That would be amazing. I'm tall an fairly broad so I'll never be a 9 st size 8 :) but I think I can get to 11 st an see how we go from there.

That's the ticket my sweets! Loving the plan at the buffet - I've had to eat at a buffet before now on a diet and managed to do it just by being a little smug at what I was eating compared to those that I was dining with, prolly not quite the right attitude but it helps me get through the food night!

Dunno if this'll work as I'm not very technical lol but this should in theory be the link to the menu for Friday :) they've added Thai food since I last went!!!! Aaaagggh!!!

Jimmy Spices World Buffet - Food Menu

I shut my eyes at the desserts bit :)

My god man, where is this place of torture? I will go immediatley, and eat everything in site!! :break_diet:

I think your plan is brilliant, and I know you have got it in you to stick to it.

Sorry about aquafit this morning. Everytime J is mentioned I start to giggle. Im getting to the point where I look forward to the regular big J updates :)

OMG the gain is GOOOOONE!! and it's taken a friend with it :)
I'm 4lb down from Monday but obviously a lot was water retention so now I'm 1lb of actual weight down for the week :) very pleased as I just managed to meet the months target yaaaay!!!!

I weigh 180.6 so the plan is to stick to 1000 cals today plus a good work out then try an eat 600 tomoz during the day, do a good workout and have my naughty all you can eat in the evening :) then spend the weekend drowning myself in evian ready for WI Monday :) if I can finish the week still at 180 I'll be a very happy lady !!!

Just checked the calendar. I have ten WI's between now an when the kids go back in sept so I want to weigh 165 by then. That's 15 pounds at 1.5 a week so totally do able :) she says lol I'll be getting closer to target after that so it'll slow down but I would really like to shift the last 15 an get down to 150 by Xmas? Then I can start the new yr as a new me :) god knows what my goal weight will end up as but we'll see eh???

Sorry to hear about your aquafit. Am off to it myself tonight with some work colleagues.

Jimmys world of spices sounds like heaven to me!!!!!! I want to come!:cry:

Bumblex

Sorry to repeatedly post lol but been looking at calendar again an there's 15 weeks between kids going back an Xmas so I could in theory totally get to goal by then :) how exciting!!

That made me reach for a calculator to work out my losses etc. I started this journey last summer weighing 240lbs (17st2) and have lost a whopping 60lbs now at 180. By the time I get to my rough guesstimate goal weight of 10,10/150 I'll have lost around 90lbs :) over a third of my original body weight. That's more than my best friend actually weighs lol :) it will have taken me 18months in total (with stops an starts) and i'll have created a calorie deficit of 315,000 calories to lose that 90lbs lol

I'm two thirds of the way there. Just a measly 30lbs to go!! That's less than two stone. I can do it. I know I can!!!! Can I do it by new yr??? Dunno but I'll have a bloody good try!!!!

Just thought I'd note it all down while the numbers are all so perfectly round!! haha it's kind of cool being at exactly 180. 60 lost. 30 to go :) it's like a weightloss zen moment......my stats are in perfect balance.......and the maths of adding it all is easier :)

You've done so well! Be very proud of yourself! And you can definitely do it :D

Back