Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Went into town as a nice shiny cheque finally arrived from hubby's car insurance ppl so didn't get back till 1. But I managed to avoid the hot pork baps that were literally serenading me as I passed!!! The smell was amazing!!! And I was sooooo hungry!!!
Note to self.......no matter how hungry you are it's best to let the pasta actually cook properly before you try to scarf it :) twas rather crunchy!!! Tuna wholewheat pasta salad an a dab of extra light Mayo. Yuuuummmy!!!
Been an bought a lovely lamb steak for my tea!! The packet says 170 cals a steak and they are fairly big so I'm having a lamb dinner tonight :) with gravy an homemade mint sauce!! I knew that bloody herb garden of DD's would come in handy!! Lamb steak new pots broccoli peas an sweetcorn with gravy an mint sauce :) I can't wait!!! Got a meeting tho so gotta eat either really early or really late??? Decisions decisions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:8855:Crunchy pasta. Been there done that!!!

OMG I nearly spat my coffee out at work today when I saw your pasta comment on MFP today, pretty funny but good on you for eating it!

Mmmm lamb steak - I had one one on Saturday night and it was scrummy

Your poor friend how awful for her I'm so sorry to hear about her degree OMG what happens in that scenario? I have no idea, can she retake some of it? Here's to a good cheer up supportive night with lots of booze and choccy!

Samalama said:
OMG I nearly spat my coffee out at work today when I saw your pasta comment on MFP today, pretty funny but good on you for eating it!

Mmmm lamb steak - I had one one on Saturday night and it was scrummy

Your poor friend how awful for her I'm so sorry to hear about her degree OMG what happens in that scenario? I have no idea, can she retake some of it? Here's to a good cheer up supportive night with lots of booze and choccy!

She failed a resit of a core module so she won't graduate with a BA pysch Hons they'll offer her a bachelor of science instead but it's an 'also ran' degree an A) employers will know it an B) she can't take her masters or work in the area she wants.
There are options but they are all expensive and it'll look pretty bad CV wise whatever she decides. It's so unfair all her other modules have been A's and B's so really she should be getting a 2.1/2.2 but this is a core module so it's kind of an automatic death sentence :( the module leader even said that she deserved a pass as she showed a thorough basic knowledge but (complicated bit about grade point averages that I didn't understand) meant she got a fail :(

She failed a resit of a core module so she won't graduate with a BA pysch Hons they'll offer her a bachelor of science instead but it's an 'also ran' degree an A) employers will know it an B) she can't take her masters or work in the area she wants.
There are options but they are all expensive and it'll look pretty bad CV wise whatever she decides. It's so unfair all her other modules have been A's and B's so really she should be getting a 2.1/2.2 but this is a core module so it's kind of an automatic death sentence :( the module leader even said that she deserved a pass as she showed a thorough basic knowledge but (complicated bit about grade point averages that I didn't understand) meant she got a fail :(

Bloody hell. It really is unfair that she got an outright fail. If you ask me the whole marking system is flawed.

It's really *****. She's worked so hard too. She lost her son 7 yrs ago and going to college was sort of a coping strategy? I think focusing on getting into uni and doing XYZ of amazing shizzle has kept her going and kind of replaced the life she had 'before' if that makes sense? It's the 7th anniversary on the 11th so that's not helping her cope with the bad news either :( she's gone slightly barmy an is threatening to take a gap yr to have a baby??? (she has a young daughter) but her partners already got three of his own and then there's her daughter and they've only been living together 4 months? I think the baby is a bad plan just now but here's hoping it's just a moment of madness!!! Not that I wouldn't love a new baby to play with tho!!!

Rocking the scales at 179.4 today :) get in!!! Can we get to 188 by monday??? Yes please mr diet god!!

Anyhow I schlepped to aquafit (ugh) an got told off by a policeman for shoddy parking on the school run!! Little J found it hilarious.
Frankly tho big J's bus doesn't come till 8.35 so by the time I've loaded up the littlies and muscled my way thru the traffic there are no bloody spaces left so dumping the car on the grass verge is really the only option!!!
Next yr they'll be big enough for me to pull up outside an kick them out the passenger door :)
Off to penkridge Market when I've sorted out the post swim Barnett..... granny needs a new pair of slippers! Thrilling!! God knows what lunch will be. Sandwich thin with a little can of tuna I imagine. and some cucumber :)

Just been for a lovely lunch :) I'm hiding out in the beer garden now as the baby (not mine lol) has thrown peas and french fries for about 8ft in all directions lol!! Had a 5oz rump steak salad with a wholewheat pitta bread. Was huge!!! And really tasty!!! MFP best guess is 488 which seems very low so I'm not eating dessert

you got under 180!!!!!! :grouphugg: HURRAHH! :D

happyhealthy said:
you got under 180!!!!!! :grouphugg: HURRAHH! :D

Lol only by 0.6 of a pound but it's first time in 6 months I've managed it!!! Wooooo me!!! Only another 8 or so to go till I'm at my skinniest since having kids weight. yay!!!

Well done! youre so light! 180 seems like super skinny to me right now! mmmm steak, I havent had a good steak for a while..... mmm

Well done on getting under 180 lady, awesome stuff!!!

I know the degree means a lot to her now but it's amazing how much work experience can mean to employers over degree's.

What profession does she want to get into? x

Well done Tina!!! Under 180!!! You rock. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. :D

Meal sounds nice. How is your friend?

lindseydodd408 said:
Well done on getting under 180 lady, awesome stuff!!!

I know the degree means a lot to her now but it's amazing how much work experience can mean to employers over degree's.

What profession does she want to get into? x

Psychology. It's kind of an academic entry or nothing tho. She has to work up to a doctorate.

Squeezyweezy said:
Well done Tina!!! Under 180!!! You rock. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. :D

Meal sounds nice. How is your friend?

Better I think but still very stressed.

nurseberyl said:
Well done! youre so light! 180 seems like super skinny to me right now! mmmm steak, I havent had a good steak for a while..... mmm

It seemed really light to me when I was 17stone too haha!!! Can't bloody believe I STILL have two stone to go! Grrrrr.

What a crappy week my nearest an dearest are having!!! My other best bud (who is like my sister!!! She's my cousin so we're incredibly close!!!) has just sent me a text to let me know her daughter (my kind of niece) has had a serious allergic reaction and is in an ambulance :( they gave her adrenaline but she didn't stabilise. Thank god but it seems to be helping now from what text number two says but it's still very serious.
I'm in two minds about whether to dash up to the hospital to offer moral support or wait for more news? I'm tearing out my hair as OH is still at work and I don't dare move big J out the house at bedtime when he's already started his bedtime routine? The routines very strict. He doesnt cope well with it being disrupted. I can't keep badgering K for news but little one is like one of my own kids!!! I'm sooooo worried!!! The adrenaline not working seems bad to me???
Totally the wrong place to post this I know but I can't ring the other best bud as it's almost the anniversary of her sons death so a health crisis in one of the kids NOW on top of the degree thing??? Bad idea!!! It's the same A&E dept her son died in too. I'll ring her as soon as I know the little one is out of danger.

Oh no, I hope she is ok. Can you text and see if she needs you there? She will probably understand about you needing to stay home though as youre so close. Hope all is ok...

Is she alone? Could you ask her if she needs you there?

Hope everyting is OK? Keep strong :)

Adrenaline is kicking in but they are still in resus so no reply when I text. Think it's all a bit manic but K text an said she's out of danger now so I'm allowed to breathe again. I imagine she'll ring me when things calm down and they move her from the resus place to whatevers next? OH is in a wetsuit doing complicated emergency repairs to a water ride so he won't have got my messages. But ma in law has offered to come sit if I need to head out now big J is settled.
My little DD has made her a card :) so I'll take that up tonight if I'm allowed to visit but tomoz if not!!! Staying off the wines as little one is same age as my DD so I'm guessing I'll be running her a nightie etc up to last her till mom's able to get home. I'm just so relieved!!!!! It's so scary!!!! Big teddy an flowers coming up I think !! But now my thoughts turn to what the heck could of caused it???? she's never been allergic before!!!

Allergies can come on as kids get older, also they can be fine with a small dose of things but perhaps it was a large dose of something and that was why the adrenaline didn't kick in to start with. It might just be something she's never come into contact with before.

As for your friend, volunteering could help her make up for the lack of degree with hons, that's how my buddy worked her way into the profession and then her experience allowed her to get onto a masters. I think she also did an OU course to bulk up her crappy degree. x

Back