Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

lindseydodd408 said:
Allergies can come on as kids get older, also they can be fine with a small dose of things but perhaps it was a large dose of something and that was why the adrenaline didn't kick in to start with. It might just be something she's never come into contact with before.

As for your friend, volunteering could help her make up for the lack of degree with hons, that's how my buddy worked her way into the profession and then her experience allowed her to get onto a masters. I think she also did an OU course to bulk up her crappy degree. x

Yeah I suggested trawling the OU as they do conversion courses that could work. Think she's to disappointed just yet tho!! I know my Jo and when she's festered over it for a few days she'll be back to hatching plans for world domination!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Damn straight she will!!! Especially with such a great friend by her side... that's you by the way, lol!!! x

lindseydodd408 said:
Damn straight she will!!! Especially with such a great friend by her side... that's you by the way, lol!!! x

It's true I am pretty awesome!!! Lol they really should order me that statue soon....... ;)

and wider doors... don't want that big awesome head getting stuck on the way in... otherwise people might miss out on your awesomeness!!! x

Yes!!! Double doors leading onto a balcony so I can wave to my loyal subjects lol

I do worry bout my lil amigo's but we've been a threesome for that long now it's like we're a great big dysfunctional family!!! 3 wives plus 6 kids and my poor long suffering hubby. lol. Bless him.

He knows you is totally worth it... you are after all... AWE-SOME!!!

You can definitley do courses on the OU that bump up a failed degree. I am doing just that, in psychology like your friend.
The OU have actually been really fantastic with me. I phoned them 2 years ago practically screaming at them down the phone because I thought I had f****d my life up, and they calmed me down and pretty much told me how I could patch it up.
2 years on, and I have nearly completed my second year, with a god awful illness shoved in the middle for good measure. They have been so flexible, and so helpful. Really glad I contacted them.
Also though, I agree with what Lindsey said about the work experience meaning more than letters after your name. My local mental health trust have already agreed to take me on a s work experience, so who knows where that could lead, and I haven't even completed my degree. :D

P.S slightly blinded by the shine from your halo of awesomness!!! :)

Well my awesomeness continues to shine today coz I am 177.8!!!! Woooooooooo.

I've reigned the cals in like REALLY tightly for three days now to give myself a wee kickstart so I might just carry this on till Mondays official WI an see if I can hit 176? I can't stick to this level of strictness forever but I can do a week an get myself a good chunk away from that bleeding 180 Mark!!!
Oooh an if I can stay off the naughtys all month I'll hit my challenge goal easily!!! Not scrape it in on the last day with an ounce to spare lol. Can't remember what I was on first of month now tho!!! We'll go with 180 as the higher was regain an I'm not counting losing that!!! So I'm 2lbs down 4 to go. I can do 4 by EOM.

When I woke up I knew I could see awesomeness on the horizon... who knew it would be yours!?!?!? Amazing!!! x

Lol just spoke to my friend an littlelegs is much much better. Hopefully going home tonight. They think she might be allergic to parrots tho lol :) and no! That's not a typo!!!

I actually have evil children. I've just opened the fridge to put shopping away and found a little flag stuck in the last slice of vanilla cheesecake from last night. The flag says
"dear mom. We, the (I think the spelling here is a bit odd) guardians of the cake, have measured this cheesecake....... Hahahaha" ......with a little smiley face. :)

I know my kids and I'd be willing to bet it was little J's idea carried out by his willing accomplice DD and the guardians of the cake is blatantly big J's influence!! I can tell as DD has boooootifull handwriting an both the J's have baboon handwriting!!! Little *******. Still its nice to see sibling teamwork for a change tho eh ?

So now the cheesecake I hadn't even thought about is haunting me.......

Oh dear. *bug gers* got starred!!!

Just to point out that I hadn't called em anything toooo rude lol they aren't THAT bad!!!

Woo hoo for the weigh in! Well done you missus!

Pmsl at your little darlings with the cheesecake :D Can always rely on kids.....(mine invariably points out how large my knickers are when I''m putting the washing away!!!:eek:)

Glad to hear your friends littlie is improving - sounded very scary!

Bumble
x

The kids strike again!!! :D

Well done on the loss hun, knew you could do it!! :)

Don't eat the cheescake!!!! LOL

Your kids sound fantastic :) Also, glad to hear the little girl is doing better!

Muahahaha had another cheeky pub lunch :) but check it out!!
There was an under 500 menu so I had beef in red wine with steamed veg an new pots!!
To be honest it wasn't that nice but I've never tried 'slow cooked beef in red wine sauce with oven roasted pancetta field mushrooms and shallots' before ;) so it could of been amazing!!
There was two lumps of pancetta and 5 of beef hahahahaha such a blatant boil in the bag jobby!!!
Hubby nearly got murdered by me when he had an entire rack of BBQ ribs PLUS chicken chip coleslaw an corn cob :( the ribs looked really good lol. Very lean an lots of meat an sauce. Good quality stuff lol. I didn't dare have a bite as I'd have wrestled him to the floor an run off down the road with my face buried in a rack of baby back ribs.......

Well done for choosing the sensible option, not sure I could have been that good.
Sorry it was pants though!!

Ugh!! I never eat 500 for lunch so now I'm like......hmmmmm 300 cal tea??? How???? Had the brilliant idea of making a wholwheat pasta bake? But ive never actually MADE pasta bake as it takes aaaaaages an pasta boils in like ten mins so theres no contest really!!!! Hopefully ive guessed the process ok!!

So I've chucked 150g of fusilli, one jar WW oven roasted garlic pasta sauce, one finely chopped up chicken breast, 150g peas an sweetcorn (only other veg in house is broccoli and I was scared of sogginess!!!) and added an extra jar full of water? Foiled it and threw in oven on a low heat? Gonna leave it half hr then have a poke at it!!! I know the cheese is missing but I don't have enough cals :(

Planning to eat a quarter and hubby will trough half after football and I'll Tupperware the last quarter for lunch tomoz? Came in under 300 but was a biiiiiiiaaaatch to try an MFP a quarter of 150g pasta!!!! All the entries are 100g lol it got a bit confusing!!! where's happy healthy the maths wonder when I need her!!!!!

Smells good an has filled a great big Pyrex so fingers crossed!!! Altho it occurs to me now that a steamed cod fillet an salad might have been easier!!!

Uhoh!!! How long has it been in?

Back