Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Birdseye potato waffles are 100 cals each. Or you could make your own with frylight and save even more cals!

Quite pleased with myself so far!! Fri coffee morning has been a real diet killer the last few weeks so I made sure I was prepared today :) took a warbutons thin an a cheese slice an made my own toastie. I really like that for breakfast!! It's a bit mcD's muffinish ;)

I also had a GENIUS brainwave and took 45g of the super fruity shredded wheats (tiny ones with raspberry cranberry an strawberry paste inside) and guess what??? They make really rather fab biccies!!! You burn your fingers a bit dunking em but it was far yummier than it sounds!!! a few mums thought I'd gone bonkers so next time I'll take extra as there was no way I was sharing my carefully weighed out sarnie bag of shredded wheats lol.

Was too busy for lunch so I've just had half a can of chicken soup (got drowned on the school run) to try an ward off the picking at kids tea that always happens when I'm hungry!! I like to eat with hubby at half 6 but kids can't wait till then!! Didn't realise it's so low for canned soup!! 88 cals for a bowl full. It's not filled me up properly but that's what you get for skipping lunch really!!!

Hope everyones had a good day?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ahaha! I love your shredded wheat buisbuit idea. Defo a girl after my own heart. :D

I know what you mean about the low calorie soups. Sometimes they're just like flavoured water with a lonely bit of leek swimming about.

Ahaha! I love your shredded wheat buisbuit idea. Defo a girl after my own heart. :D

I know what you mean about the low calorie soups. Sometimes they're just like flavoured water with a lonely bit of leek swimming about.

The weight watchers tinned soups are actually really nice. Especially the vegetable and lentil.

Love the replacement biscuit idea... maybe we should write to the company and ask them to make them bigger for tea dunking without finger burning?!?! x

lindseydodd408 said:
Love the replacement biscuit idea... maybe we should write to the company and ask them to make them bigger for tea dunking without finger burning?!?! x

Lol no way they'll ramp the price up :) if it stings just drop the lil beggar an fish it out with the teaspoon ;)

Well my week of calorie kick ass is deffo losing it's shine. I've been trying to kill my snacking between meals and also squeeze out a good loss as I'm almost bloody phobic bout this 180 thing!!!

I cannot relax back into a longterm routine till I feel safely away from it!!!! By safely I mean.....cannot gain back enough to confront 180 again in a weekend!!!

I'm tired. I'm grumpy. And I'm hungry. The snacking ban is killing my blood sugar levels. Not helped the by fact I'm coming down with GERMS so ate nutritionally dubious comfort food today!!! it's been a bit of a White food fest. Cheese on warbutons thin. Chicken soup. Fish and low fat oven chips. Eaten 1100ish but none of it healthy balanced good GI stuff really.

Now I can't sleep as my tummies rumbling and I KNOW that 1100 is a little low but I ate nearly 600 cals less than 4 hrs ago so I really wouldn't normally be hungry!! it's the crappy choices that have brought on wanting to gnaw my hubby's arm off. I'm like.......mmmm thats lean protein in the forearm I reckon!!!

Hubby survived the night with all bits still attached. I've woken up not hungry at all!! Weird!!
Sneaky peek an I'm feeling rather smug :) I think it's gonna be a 4lb week for me!!!! If i work hard over the weekend :) Which totally balances out my bad behaviour earlier in the month!!! My July halo is back on!!!

David Cameron has closed down the Playscheme I send the younger pair to and social services have given me the wrong cut off date for the special needs playgroup so big J hasn't been offered any days there. (I have to point out that I pay quite handsomely for both of these services!! It's not a freebie!!!) so I am officially on 24 hrs a day 7 days a week for the 6 weeks. Joy. The play schemes were only for two half days a week running over 4 weeks but they really helped!!! So I'm gutted. Have lodged a big complaint with social services as they are bumheads. Telling me July 12th when it was bloody june 30th!!!!! Grrrrrrr. He doesn't use any other services an we don't get any help with respite or direct payments etc so really!!! Is a few half days (that cost me £16 a pop remember!!!) that much to freaking ask for??????

I've just said exactly that on lindseys diary haha!! We are so not learning our lessons today lol came in under 250 so you could have cheese an ONE garlic bread if your having a higher cal tea? What's garlic bread? 150 a slice maybe? then 100 cal of cheese? That's actually the same as the pasta on extras tho!!!

90 cals a slice for the tesco ones! The pasta bake looked so good by the way!

I noticed you get the turkey rashers too, I used to until I discovered tesco reduced fat bacon! ALL the fat is cut off so it's only 65 calories for 2 rashers of REAL bacon! That's a win in my book haha

What a nightmare!!! Can you get them to make an exception because they told you wrong so it's their fault? Are there any other playscheme type things in your area? My sister has learning disabilities and so I know how little help there is anywhere with anyone that needs any extra support really. It's terrible. If I'd won the Euromillions last night that was going to be where I was going to set aside a huge chunk of it, setting up facilities and services for 'disabled' people. I hate that phrase but never know what else to use! But alas, I didn't win :(

caroline g said:
What a nightmare!!! Can you get them to make an exception because they told you wrong so it's their fault? Are there any other playscheme type things in your area? My sister has learning disabilities and so I know how little help there is anywhere with anyone that needs any extra support really. It's terrible. If I'd won the Euromillions last night that was going to be where I was going to set aside a huge chunk of it, setting up facilities and services for 'disabled' people. I hate that phrase but never know what else to use! But alas, I didn't win :(

Lol I know. I'm seriously considering taking mr bumhead Cameron up on the whole community run schools thing. There isn't any AS high school provision round here an I don't see why I should have to choose between sending big J to residential schooling (IE boarding school) and uprooting the younger two to move to another borough away from all our family and friends!!! Might look into how possible it is to start a fully inclusive school with an AS speciality AND with a proper holiday club!!!!! I'd need to poach all the staff from his current school tho!! Hehe.

Do it! If I were you I would kick up the hugest fuss possible! Maybe if people like my mum had done so 30 years ago, people now wouldn't still be having the same problems. People just sit back and accept it too easily. It's NOT acceptable. Our Government is completely failing a whole group of children and adults because they fail to provide the services that they need. Ahh it makes me so angry! I'm going to shut up now though before this turns into a very big rant!

Yeah Caroline is right. Don't take it lying down, kick up the biggest fuss you can. It is absolutley disgusting how the government can just swoop in and close what ever they like without a thought for the people it's affecting!!!
It might have only been 2 half days a week hun, but that was your respite time, no matter how little. Oh these things make me so mad.
I volunteer (or used to) at a drug rehabilitation centre on the outskirts of Sheffield. Last week I went in and the centre manager was sitting there in tears clutching a letter. Cameron decided to close the centre with 1 weeks notice. Now there are 3 full time members of staff out of a job and 25 vulnerable people with no where to go!!! The centre took recovering addicts and helped them get back into work. We had an 85% success rate!!!!! Where is the sense in closing it?????

I think the community run school is a brilliant idea, you just need like minded people in your area to help. It's a massive undertaking, but I think the rewards would be worth it. :)

Sorry for rambling!!!!

Well they closed down the regular holiday club in our district so that's all the local kids left with nowhere to go over the summer :( it was fab too. 9.30 to 1.30 at local high school with a swimming session and all the sports they could handle. Used to cost £7 which was a bargain really. I'd have payed more!

Jamies play scheme is still running but there's no spaces available coz we missed the stupid cutoff due to being told the wrong date. What's annoyed me is I delayed sending his form in by a week as you have to send the rather large £120 cheque in with the form an I was too skint.

But now I've heard that they accepted other kids without the cheque but I was told it had to be included!!!! Which really sucks.
Possibly coz im not on bloody benefits. No offence to anyone who is on them but im getting heartily sick of being told having a husband and one who works at that is working against me!!!! I bet you don't have to pay £120 if your on em either!!! You get priority on housing respite etc etc for being single an out of work. We on the other hand have to try an live on one income as there's no childcare available for big J and we'll never get offered cheap housing so have to pay more in rent than a mortgage would cost but can't get a decent mortgage on one income!!!!!! It's a vicious bloody circle. And if they would just partfund decent reliable childcare we could live like a relatively normal family!!!!! In our own home!!!! An so could lots of family's like ours!!!

An I'd like to point out that the part funding would be technically paid for by the tax I'd pay on my income!!! So really it'd fund itself as a project!!! I don't mind paying for his care but it's a fact that I'd actually earn less than it currently would cost!!! I would expect to see some actual profit margin for my working full time lol

Send them round to Carolines house, she needs the practice for her teaching qualification... I bet she'd run and awesome play scheme for £120, lol!!! x

Oh Tina, I think I'd be seriously pissed if I were you. I would kick up a real stink and see if they will locate a space for him. (and don't even get me started on the whole thing with being penalised because you work....gets on my sodding goat too!!)

Send them round to Carolines house, she needs the practice for her teaching qualification... I bet she'd run and awesome play scheme for £120, lol!!! x

err................does Caroline actually know about this????? LOL :D

Back