Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

err....... maybe.........

Haha do you know, I actually would! I would LOVE to do something like that. If I could organise my own holiday club type thing for kids over the summer then I definitely would.

See!!! I knew it!!!

Sorted :) Caroline gets big J destroying her house an sanity all summer an I get to sunbathe!!! Result :)

On a more serious note I have bigger issues!!!

Today I discovered my first thread vein on my legs!!!! Waaaaaaahhh!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorted :) Caroline gets big J destroying her house an sanity all summer an I get to sunbathe!!! Result :)

On a more serious note I have bigger issues!!!

Today I discovered my first thread vein on my legs!!!! Waaaaaaahhh!!!!!

Ahhh I have a few of these around my knees not that anyone ever sees my knees, in fact I should say around the area where my knees should be because I can't remember the last time my knees actually stuck out further than my chunky calves or fluffy thighs.... anyway apparently to reduce getting these silly little thread veins you have to.... actually you better be sitting down when I tell you this because I'm not sure you can take this news....."Avoid alcoholic drinks, very hot drinks and spicy foods" hmmmm I think Hell just froze over!

I'd rather amputate to be honest :)

I'm sitting in a park with kids running round all over ;) mine however are being really lovely. We've had a walk round a cathedral and a paddle boat round a lake. I trusted DD an big J in a boat by themselves an to be fair they only rammed me twice :)

I'm bleeding starving tho!!! Only eaten like 500 cals today an didn't expect our hour at park to morph into a whole day!!!!!!!

Mmmm grass!!! Finally back home an I had to buy mctea for the monsters as they'd started nibbling each other in the back of the car. Torture!!! It smelt sooooo good an I had technically enough cals but I WAS STRONG!!!!!

Now I'm ravenously waiting for my salmon to cook and feeling rather angelic. I may stretch to a square of dark choc later :)

Oh an I'm logging the paddle boating on MFP to pay for it :) it was hard work!!! Little J's legs wouldn't reach!!!!

Square of dark choc my ass.

Cadburys finger of fudge ice cream bar :) first really naughty processed treat in a week an it was diviiiiiine!!!! And yet I'm still under cals but not bloody hungry. I'm refusing to eat for no good reason!!! MFP is Now muttering at me about anorexia i think!!!! Here's what I had today...

Warbutons thin and a processed cheese slice
Mini wholemeal pitta an a cheddar cheese slice
Half a banana
Salmon 150g new pots an salad
Fudge ice-cream bar.

Lunch was tiny I admit (130 cals eeeek!!!) but I'd miscounted when I made the kids lunch and then I'd eaten the bleeding thing on autopilot!!! So decided to just have that as lunch an take a nanananana to the park which got a bit squished lol

I'm chugging water right now as been in sun all day an feel a bit dehydrated. Don't want any naughty retention demons ruining my lovely shiny WI Monday!!!

Very saintly today. The boats sound fun, but if I had been involved I would have ended up in the water!! :)

Squeezyweezy said:
Very saintly today. The boats sound fun, but if I had been involved I would have ended up in the water!! :)

I did get a big wet patch on my ass lol in light grey combats too so DOH looks like I'd wee'd myself!!! It was a bit of a NSV actually coz last yr I'd have said no way. Too scared the boat would either sink or be really really low in water on the big fat heffers side!!! (this is what happened at legoland!! An I was really embarrassed!!)
I even said as we got in 'oh this'll be fun when big fatty sinks the boat' and the man have me a funny look!!! It's habit I guess coz I'm not a big fatty any more !!! I'm 12st 6ish :) been weighing in pounds so my math is a bit rickety but I think I'm 12.6 haha.

12 stone 6! Go you! 12 and a half is kind of my first goal weight as that's what's I remember being before I was pregnant!

I've just caught up on your diary and....I love you lol!!!

Anyway the childrens service thing - my cousin has sever learning difficulties and aspergers. He's now 24 and lives in sheltered accomodation but my aunty had to fight for everything. It took her 10 years and endless video footage of my cousins behaviour to even get him acknowledged by the doctors.
Anyway she ended up becoming the manager of a surestart centre which sadly has recently shut (words cant express!!!).
I think starting your own is a brilliant idea and it can be done - I also think that id you got the ball rolling you would find many willing volunteers. Ahh David Cameron - the man that values property and posessions more than people, heres me thinking the conservatives had changed.

The paddle boats sound wkd - we have some down the road from us but tbh the thought of the swans giving chase along the water then attacking till we capsize (yes I've thought it through LOL) puts me off!

nurseberyl said:
12 stone 6! Go you! 12 and a half is kind of my first goal weight as that's what's I remember being before I was pregnant!

It's around my first goal too :) I can vaguely remember being 12.4 after the big loss last year? So I'm pretty much back to my lowest weight before the grand epic fall off!!! Entering virgin weight loss territory next month I think :) I actually really need to decide what my next goal weight is now!!! 11 st perhaps? Or the elusive size 12??? Can't remember EVER being a 12 in my entire adult life!!!! I'm not even sure if I have a 12 size bone structure hiding under here lol ;) we shall see. Hopefully in time to shop for Xmas party clothes!!

Jennykndy said:
I've just caught up on your diary and....I love you lol!!!

Anyway the childrens service thing - my cousin has sever learning difficulties and aspergers. He's now 24 and lives in sheltered accomodation but my aunty had to fight for everything. It took her 10 years and endless video footage of my cousins behaviour to even get him acknowledged by the doctors.
Anyway she ended up becoming the manager of a surestart centre which sadly has recently shut (words cant express!!!).
I think starting your own is a brilliant idea and it can be done - I also think that id you got the ball rolling you would find many willing volunteers. Ahh David Cameron - the man that values property and posessions more than people, heres me thinking the conservatives had changed.

The paddle boats sound wkd - we have some down the road from us but tbh the thought of the swans giving chase along the water then attacking till we capsize (yes I've thought it through LOL) puts me off!

Yeah took a lot for big J to get a firm diagnosis. He has Aspergers too. Its really unusual to have a learning disability + Aspergers so i bet she did have a right fight on her hands there!!! Moving schools to get away from an incompetent SENCO helped us tho!!! He actually holds the borough record for the most suspensions in one term. That's for both primary and secondary age lol I'm not meant to know this but the exclusions officer is on same board as governors as me an knew it'd make me laugh!!!!
Luckily he's fully statemented an in a bloody good placement now I'm just panicking about transition to high school coz well there isn't one!!!
David Cameron is actually my hate figure right now. Mr "I know what's it's like coz I had a disabled child" Cameron. Yea Dave but you paid for private care an education did you not??? So really you don't know ****!!!
Disabled kids services have been badly hit as the staffing level you need is so damn expensive!! Yet in our borough the junkies an alkies are getting a shiny new 1.6 million building to go whine about how hard their life is in. They should live with a tube feeder or Leg braces for a week then they'd see how hard life really is!!!!! Grrrrrr I'm ranting again aren't I? I'll stop now!!!!!

It's around my first goal too :) I can vaguely remember being 12.4 after the big loss last year? So I'm pretty much back to my lowest weight before the grand epic fall off!!! Entering virgin weight loss territory next month I think :) I actually really need to decide what my next goal weight is now!!! 11 st perhaps? Or the elusive size 12??? Can't remember EVER being a 12 in my entire adult life!!!! I'm not even sure if I have a 12 size bone structure hiding under here lol ;) we shall see. Hopefully in time to shop for Xmas party clothes!!

Yeah I think I was born a size 12! Although I do remember at one point buying clothes in C&A by height when I was about 8 years old which I preferred than M&S because that used to depress me as a child being age 7 and having to wear age 10 clothes did not make me feel "mature" as my Step-mother used to say to dress up the fact that she was letting me all the crap unbeknown to man just because we lived in a pub/restaurant LOL

I remember 4 weights in my life.... 7 stone when I was about 8!! 13st 3 when I was 13.... I thought it was cute that I was 13 and 13st sigh.... and then 15st 8 for our 5th wedding anniversary trip when I wore a fabulous pink dress... and then finally the 18st 2lb that I never want to be again!

Well I have no idea what I weighed as a child or a teen as I was thin as a whippet so it really wasn't an issue!!! Gained a bit when I met OH and then ballooned when I went on contraceptives after little J was born. I know I was quite underweight after big J was born (I look hideous in my hospital pics) an a bit porkyesque after little J came along. But I never really weighed myself till I started trying to lose. 17summat was my biggest too :( shudder. Never ever again!!!!! I'm a measly few pound of having a healthy BMI now and once I get in that green bit I ain't EVER leaving it again!!!!

I think my ultimate goal weight (after ten mins of googling) shall be 11st. What is that in pounds now? 154? So 23lb left to lose!!!! that'll put me bang in the centre of my BMI range so hopefully that's a sensible realistic weight for me?

I'm with you Tina, I refuse to eat if I'm not actually hungry. I'd rather just be under my cals than eat pointless ones! Sometimes if I've done it a lot I'll force myself, but otherwise I just figure that's my body telling me I don't need any more fuel for the day!

My friend is an SEN teacher in a 'mainstream' secondary school and is bloody amazing at it. Last week she was told that come September, there's no job for her there. It's terrible, she's the main source of support for most of these kids and she really is bloody amazing at her job and now she's feeling so let down by the system she's planning to move to Australia in January, where she's seen as shortage staff and will be appreciated far more than she is here. If Mr Fartface isn't careful, he's going to lose all his good teachers and SEN to other countries.

caroline g said:
I'm with you Tina, I refuse to eat if I'm not actually hungry. I'd rather just be under my cals than eat pointless ones! Sometimes if I've done it a lot I'll force myself, but otherwise I just figure that's my body telling me I don't need any more fuel for the day!

My friend is an SEN teacher in a 'mainstream' secondary school and is bloody amazing at it. Last week she was told that come September, there's no job for her there. It's terrible, she's the main source of support for most of these kids and she really is bloody amazing at her job and now she's feeling so let down by the system she's planning to move to Australia in January, where she's seen as shortage staff and will be appreciated far more than she is here. If Mr Fartface isn't careful, he's going to lose all his good teachers and SEN to other countries.

Yeah an we'll go back to the good old days of institutionalising any one who doesn't fit into a one size fits all education system!!!! Madness.

Back