Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

I hope everything goes ok today hun, that the sun shines on you all and that its a lovely, upbeat day.

I don't think theres anything wrong in celebrating anniversaries or milestones. Everyone knows these people are never forgotten, its just nice sometimes to remember them together with others.

And I'm with Squeezy, I wouldn't even worry about CC'ing today.

Bumble
x

Nothing to add that these fine ladies have not covered already, sooooo........

((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))

That's all, now go celebrate that lovely boy!!! x

It's just chicken rubbed with green pesto with a slice of mozzerella on top lol nothing you can't do easily enough at home but I like to keep a couple things like that in freezer for lazy days!!

Was DELISH. not toooo pestoey and really quite cheesy for the cals? 211 for one I think?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I get that too, it's sooo good!

Well I'm having a wobble. The universe is conspiring against me. PMT the night before ethans anniversary. Not good. Crawled into bed earlier but have just been lying here with leaky eyes. it's so stupid.

He died 7 years ago tomoz just before his fourth birthday. I miss him. We all do. I don't even know how his mom carries on!!! I just keep thinking bout the fun times and I'm sad coz there's still an Ethan shaped hole some days that never goes away!!

Grief is a weird thing because nothing you do makes it better. I don't know how to make myself feel better. I want chocolate but that's a habitual response. We've always grieved with food as a family. Every anniversary we go for lunch, just the three of us an raise a glass. On his birthday we still have a birthday cake just for our kids and a special dinner. The kids make a card for the grave an release balloons and some years it's a lovely day.

I don't really know how not to eat for England when things are sad!!! And I'm scared to try CC'ing lunch tomoz in case Jo thinks I've forgotten him so much that my diet is more important to me!!! Which is silly coz I know she won't be like that. An nothing will ever make me forget him.

Aww hun that's a hard enough thing to deal with WITHOUT PMT let alone with it! I hope you avoided that chocolate! I know what you mean about the food thing and it's hard when your habits are so fixed to try and change them. But you don't have to not do the food things, just keep what you eat in moderation. I really don't think that you need to worry about Jo thinking that. I don't really know you that well but I think I know you enough to know that that isn't true, your post alone shows just how important he is to you even 7 years later. So Jo, who knows you so much better than I or any of us do, she'll know that too and I'm sure she'll be proud of you for being able to deal with it and stick to plan.

And well done on those 4lbs, you're doing amazing :hug99:

Hope today is not too hard for you and your friend. It's so sad to hear. Lots of hugs :)

I hope today wasn't too hard and that you managed to find comfort from each other Tina, sending you lots of hugs.

Well done on the 4lbs brilliant!!

Well today was ok. Can't really say a lot bout most of it as we just had a good reminisce an Jo had a good rant (ppl keep leaving bigger things on the grave like statues and solar lights with out asking!!! And she is a bit territorial bout it bless her)

Lunch was dicey. We ended up at this ridiculously posh place out in the country in the end!!! Not a burger bar in the wilds of brum. Couldn't find a decent option on the menu :( there was one salad but it involved halloumi which I hate!! Ended up with an open Brie an bacon sandwich an a green salad with comfit plum tomato.

I actually got one slice of crusty granary, dry toasted, two rashers of bacon crisped to death and 3 thin slices of Brie melted over top with a giant pile of raw spinach :( my sexy sounding comfit tomato failed to appear!!!! So it was ok but so not worth a £12 price tag!!!! I've logged it as a Brie an bacon baguette :) got cals left amazingly so I'll maybe have a lil treat later!!

Glad it wasn't too bad. Have been thinking of ya.

Sorry about the shocking sandwich!!! What a crock :eek: £12

Just been catching up with your diary, glad it went well today for you. Hope you and your friend are ok, and well done still having cals left, you should deffo have a little treat tonight :).xxx

Squeezyweezy said:
Glad it wasn't too bad. Have been thinking of ya.

Sorry about the shocking sandwich!!! What a crock :eek: £12

I know!! Lunch was on me today too :( £35 bleeding quid for two sarnies and a few drinks!!! Properly shafted there!! Still I do like eating out with Jo as she hates dessert and can only eat a tiny meal so it makes the diet easy lol. But she terrorised the poor waitress over the missing comfit tomato :)

Am very glad it went ok for you all today.

Sandwich sounds ***** though....I get every annoyed when I spend good money AND calories on something pants!

Bumble
x

All my friends eat as much as I do, which I am now finding to be a problem!!
Especially as I haven't told any of them I am ccing, so they think I am anorexic now, cos I have stopped stuffing my face and eating the biggest piece of choccy cake!! :)

Squeezyweezy said:
All my friends eat as much as I do, which I am now finding to be a problem!!
Especially as I haven't told any of them I am ccing, so they think I am anorexic now, cos I have stopped stuffing my face and eating the biggest piece of choccy cake!! :)

All my other friends eat MORE than I do!!! I can't eat a lot in one sitting (I can't even finish a big mac meal) but I just used to eat all day long!!! But my other BFF can eat a big mac meal twice. I have to hide from her when I'm on plan an she isn't (which is most of the time) coz she never just orders a light bite!! It's a full pub lunch, side orders plus pud. an the school mum I'm close too is the same!! I'm teaching her the way of the CCer tho. :)

Saying that I do miss pud :( next time I might skip the lunch an just have pudding lol

Bumblebum said:
Am very glad it went ok for you all today.

Sandwich sounds ***** though....I get every annoyed when I spend good money AND calories on something pants!

Bumble
x

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!! How much good quality well cooked food could £35 buy at a normal kind of restaurant??? Seriously!!! It's so annoying!!!

All my other friends eat MORE than I do!!! I can't eat a lot in one sitting (I can't even finish a big mac meal) but I just used to eat all day long!!! But my other BFF can eat a big mac meal twice. I have to hide from her when I'm on plan an she isn't (which is most of the time) coz she never just orders a light bite!! It's a full pub lunch, side orders plus pud. an the school mum I'm close too is the same!! I'm teaching her the way of the CCer tho. :)

Saying that I do miss pud :( next time I might skip the lunch an just have pudding lol

2 puds!!!! ;)

Mmmmmmmmmm puds. O I have been dreaming of lemon meringue. I need to create a low cal one somehow. Meringue made with sweetener works (just) but can I get the lemon to work using sweetener??? Coz egg whites an lemon juice an a touch of Cornflour to thicken is like hardly any cals!!! Now i just need a good alternative to pastry???? I'll be laughing if I can get this to come in under 60 cals a wedge!!!!

How many cals in a sponge flan base????

Asda do individual ones at 80 cals a pop, but I'm wondering if they might be pastry.
I made a cake once for a wheat and dairy intolerent friend. That was pretty light and airy.
Im with you on this Tina, I love lemon meringue pie. :D

OK, so we are averaging 80 cals per serving or per slice for the sponge flan base.
How about lady fingers(those trifle sponges) and layer the lemon mixture and meringue on top???

Back