Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Good luck at the dentist hun, don't envy you with that one!!!

Hope the weather stays nice for sports day, it sounds like fun. I never got to drench the teachers when I was at school, so I would probably behave really badly and try to make up for it!! Haha

I'm too late I know, but I hope you didn't cave in to the beautiful white pillowy bread. I would have, because that is what I am craving more than anything right now!!! :D

Woooooo im soaking wet an exhausted lol got 8 nins to change into respectable clothing an get to parents evening at school number 2!!!

Didn't cave in fact I've barely eaten so far :(

But TOTM ARRIVED WOOOOOOOOOO

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back home an so hungry I feel dizzy. Can't wait for real food so am basically having a sandwich!! I've just grabbed whatever was in fridge and MFP'd myself up to my cal limit. I have 9 cals left to eat today lol warbutons thin, chicken tikka bits, wotsits, boiled egg, few squares of good quality choc and a big glass of squash :(

Have scoffed the lot as I typed haha just letting it go down before I nibble my choc :) rubbish dinner really but it's been such a busy day!!! And I swear I was about to faint if I didn't eat!!!

So pleased TOTM arrived. Dinner sounds like everything I really fancy right now. A whole load of crap!!! :D

Squeezyweezy said:
So pleased TOTM arrived. Dinner sounds like everything I really fancy right now. A whole load of crap!!! :D

It's been crap on top of crap this week!! But I knew LAST week that I'd be mega busy and did I plan ahead?? Nooooooo. I'm under cals still for the week but I'm not eating properly at ALL!!! I'm gonna get scurvy if I don't get some broccoli down me soon lol. But it's a bit less crazy as of tomoz so fingers crossed!!!

Big J is all stressed as he has to have a tooth out under a general. He's not happy and neither am I !!! It's an adult tooth. I think the problem is that he is so hypersensitive to EVERYTHING that he has to brush with just water an even that makes him retch. So he doesn't brush for long enough or very thoroughly. What's really annoying is that he only needs a wee filling but they won't do that under a general. Lord knows why not!! It seems a bit wrong that because he can't tolerate having work done awake he's losing an adult tooth aged 9!!! Why can't they just do the filling under the general that he's going to have to have anyway!!!

That said I'm very interested to see how his behaviour changes after it's out. He reacts weirdly to pain from things he can't see? And his behaviour changed quite suddenly for no reason just after Xmas? So there's a chance his tooth is causing it. He gets really volatile when he has tummy ache headache etc as his body knows he's poorly but he doesn't.

He had a bad patch that turned out to be a kidney infection that was so deep set it scarred his kidneys quite badly and I got accused of neglect coz the hospital reckoned he should have been writhing in agony!!!

Bloody authorities!!! They ought to try having young children, it's never straight forward!! How dare they accuse you of neglect, it doesn't take a genius to work out that all kids deal with things differently, especially a chid with AS. I'm gobsmacked actually. :eek:
And I can't believe he has got to have his tooth taken out! Are you with an NHS dentist? I went to a private dentist with my friend recently because he had an infection in his tooth and the NHS dentist wouldn't deal with it. We were told that NHS dentists get paid a set amount for each patient, regardless of what needs doing. So, if something takes alot of effort or time, they are more likely to do something far easier. I am wondering if it is easier for the dentist to just whip his tooth out rather than fiddle about with a filling? It's bloody disgusting!!!

Sorry it's been a shower of ***** today. Hope things start to slow down soon :D

Wtf? They can pull his tooth but not fill it?! There must be a reason as that doesn't make sense!! Maybe they're worried the filling will fall out so will have to be done again? But seems odd!

nurseberyl said:
Wtf? They can pull his tooth but not fill it?! There must be a reason as that doesn't make sense!! Maybe they're worried the filling will fall out so will have to be done again? But seems odd!

That's basically it. Because he has to have it done under a general they aren't willing to risk having to redo it over the next few yrs :(
I can see the point now...........since hubby pointed out that we don't really want to risk putting him under a general anaesthetic more than absolutely necessary !!!! Bad mommy!! I hadn't thought about that part lol
But I'll definitely push to make sure there's no other options first. I cant see that there is tho?

Squeezyweezy said:
Bloody authorities!!! They ought to try having young children, it's never straight forward!! How dare they accuse you of neglect, it doesn't take a genius to work out that all kids deal with things differently, especially a chid with AS. I'm gobsmacked actually. :eek:
And I can't believe he has got to have his tooth taken out! Are you with an NHS dentist? I went to a private dentist with my friend recently because he had an infection in his tooth and the NHS dentist wouldn't deal with it. We were told that NHS dentists get paid a set amount for each patient, regardless of what needs doing. So, if something takes alot of effort or time, they are more likely to do something far easier. I am wondering if it is easier for the dentist to just whip his tooth out rather than fiddle about with a filling? It's bloody disgusting!!!

Sorry it's been a shower of ***** today. Hope things start to slow down soon :D

Lol it's really common in AS. I know kids who've broken their arm an just laughed. It happened twice at a special school he used to go to twice a week for speech an language services. It's to do with all the sensory stuff thats a bit haywire with these kids :) some senses are hyPER an some are hyPO. Jamie is hyper with smell an sound but hypo with internal feelings (like pain hunger needing the loo etc) and temperature (doesn't feel the cold/heat properly). We haven't figured what's going on with his tactile responses yet!!! He seems to like full body contact (like hugs, duvets, and soaking in the bath) but can't deal with smaller points of contact (like a hand on shoulder or having his hair cut)

I guess I can understand their point but at the same time, it seems quite drastic to take out his tooth when he's only 9! I could understand if he had a filling and then they were having to redo it but I've got fillings that I've had for years and years no problem! It really pisses me off how people in the medical profession and even a lot in social care have so little training and understanding about these kinds of things. How is a nurse meant to know how to deal with someone who has a mental health issue if she/he knows nothing about it? Those times when there are people in A+E shouting and screaming at nurses and doctors to get away from them, not touch them etc. doesn't mean they need restraining, doesn't mean that they don't want help, doesn't mean they don't need help, it just means that you need to find the way to deal with them to calm them down. But it seems that the healthcare profession get no training in how to deal with those kinds of people! They get training on how to deal with drunks and people high on drugs but that does NOT relate across at all! Like you said, if they touched J on the arm, he'd probably freak right out. They need to be taught these things so that they can understand. Then they'd also understand how his body reacts differently to pain and not be so ridiculous as to accuse you of neglect!

Oh Legomum, I am so angry on your behalf that they want to take his tooth out, when all he needs is a filling!

In my area, our local Carers organisation are running training courses for medical professionals in dealing with people with disabilities - very badly needed if you ask me (I have a son with Down's Syndrome - I've had to learn to become very, very assertive indeed, particularly in hospitals, when I feel he is not being treated properly :().

Be strong, you're doing the best for your boy!

DD had a filling, and with her being her we had drama, so much so its fallen out twice, 3rd time we had a chat and she managed to be calm so hopefully it will stay in this time! But they were very quick to do anything to calm her down, numbing cream (which I dont mind) then they pulled out a needle to inject her without even asking me! All the while she is screaming and panicking, so they bring out a needle cos thats gonna help right?! No, not needed in my book! So i said no, and we came back the third time after I had talked to her properly about it and she was then calm. They have no idea how to deal with children! So i can understand why they are worried it might fall out, but if they do it properly, plus he will be under a general, so it will be easy, then it shouldnt fall out at all. I could understand if it was a baby tooth, what if he gets more fillings? will they just pull those out too? hes gonna need some teeth left!

That's what I'm worried about most! His mouth is still growing so by the time he's old enough to have an implant in the gap he'll need loads of work to make it all fit!!!

Aww hun. Yeah, all you can do is make sure there are no other options.

Paaaaaahhh today's a pain in the BUTT. my nice quiet day with real food went down the pan. Little J has a tummy bug an is sicking everywhere.
I had a fancy do too attend and I was late!! Hadn't eaten so had to do my best off the Buffett. Little tiny chicken things on a stick. Tiny bit of vegetable rice and a tuna roll.
God knows what the cals were but I'm absolutely gut wrenchingly hungry now!!!! I also don't think the cals were that high? May be wrong tho lol. Why am I soooooooo hungry all the time this week!!!!!!!! I can't TAKE IT!!!!

Spent this whole really busy week eating packaged sandwiches and bits of whatever I can grab. I just want a real meeeeeaaaaaaalllllllll

4 little words for you hun, Time Of The Month!!! That's why you're starving. Don't worry, next week will be different. :D

Yeah I'm exactly the same. Want to eat everything. TOTM sucks!

Woop woop sneaky peeky victory dance for meeeeeeee!!! I'm down to 174.6 which I'm rather happy with. I've lost my first 20lb now an I'm just a measly 0.6 of a pound away from the mystical green bit on the BMI :) :) :) :)

Haha never again can my GP say.....'well it's probably down to your weight' coz I'll be able to wave my shiny green BMI at his stupid face!!!!! Take that fat obsessed mr GP man!!!!

Fingers crossedededed for that last half pound off for Monday WI eh? That would be a nice WI. July goal done early. 20lb off. And my toes in the healthy BMI bit. Think I'm at my skinniest ever point now too!!! 12st4. Yipppeeeeee!!!

Heehee sausage bacon an cheese sarnie with a coffee for under 300 cals!!! Dear god I love you CC!!!!

Back