tinned kippers!!

leis01

Can anyone tell me are tinned kippers in brine, syn free? I know kippers are an oily fish but there does seem to be alot of fat visible in the tin, Thanks for any replies.....:confused::confused::confused:

They should be as long as nothing with syns in is added. What brand is it? Check out the ingredients list.

Hmmm Im getting "No product matched your enquiry: 'kippers'" under John West :confused:

Is it this one? If so the ingredents are only kippers, water, salt so its free. I put it thru the calculator to check and its deffo free. The website nutritional info's pretty ***** but I figured it in the end :D

Yes, they are the ones thats great thank you . That was my dilemna too i couldnt find any info at all. While i have your attention and you do seem to be the font of all knowledge:p lol, would you recommend alternating from EE to red and green days to speed up weight loss??:confused:

To speed up weight loss? I couldn't say really. Im generally a Green girl, I have a Red or an EE maybe once or twice a week, but that's cos I dont eat all that much meat, (or at least not more than I could use in a HEXB or two). Also I LOVE my HEXES, two just ain't enough as they're gone by 9am on toast and coffee :(

But that's just my personal preferences. Basically I just choose what I want to eat for my week ahead and *then* decide if that day fits Green, Red or EE best. Even then its only a case of whether I should have chickpeas/cheese with my lunch or whether that wont fit with what Im having for tea. :D

So, sorry Im not really being much help am I, just waffling as per usual... :eek: :D

So glad these kippers are free. I have the quite regularly for my lunch and was convinced they must have contained syns a while back but did the research and they came back free. Good job as I couldn't live without them!!

So glad these kippers are free. I have the quite regularly for my lunch and was convinced they must have contained syns a while back but did the research and they came back free. Good job as I couldn't live without them!!
Oh!!! so your the other person that buys them haha , good luck fellow kipper eater:p

Yes, it's me!! My OH thinks I'm mad for loving them so much!! I could eat them every day but do try to eat them only a few times a week as even though they are free, you're right and they are quite oily so are pretty high in calories for the amount you are eating. I couldn't give them up though!!

Keep them in the fridge ,sounds gross but the fat solidifies and makes it easy to take off....miss not having them with toasted white bread, butter and pepper...... ooooh its the simple things in life x

Back