TMI: Shirataki noodle side effects - not good :-(

curvygirlie

"Side effects include intestinal gas and mild diarrhoea"

Oh yeah??

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

Spent most of today (after eating the noodles for dinner last night) doubled up in pain with trapped wind like i have NEVER experienced before.

It only subsided when... y'know... i eventually:sick0019:

I really hope this is just my body getting used to the stuff rather than a reaction, cos it's making such a difference being able to eat something that resembles carbs :cry::cry::cry:

Owwww - I feel for you!
I have the same reaction to jerusalem artichokes and sula sweets (not a common combination I grant you) and it's agony -

i can't begin to explain the discomfort / pain - i was hunched up in the kitchen with hubster rubbing my back... the last time i had pain like that was the onset of labour 6.5 years ago! :sigh:

at one point I even considered ringing hubster to get him to pick up DD from afterschool club whilst I drove myself to A&E - the pain was THAT bad.

Seems a tad melodramatic now..:rolleyes:

Curvygirlie, I am so sorry, that sounds awful!!!

Perhaps you should go see your GP even though it has passed to find out exactly what the problem was?

That really does sound awful! (Did you eat loads of them? Could it have been something else?) I've never had that problem myself fortunately!

I get that if i eat more than 1 sugar free toffee, have a beach ball tum and feel all my insides are being crushed.

Bad luck that it happened to you with something that could be so useful.

Did you have them just with veg or was there plenty of protein too?

Are you sure it was the noodles? I felt like that after having a tiny bit of flavouring. I spent a cortine and have two unoppened bottles in my cabinet.

By the way, does dukan make us look like you avatar?

I get that if i eat more than 1 sugar free toffee, have a beach ball tum and feel all my insides are being crushed.

Just had a lightbulb moment!

I don't think it was the noodles! had them today and have been fine.

What I DID have on the 2 days that I had trapped wind was....

Sugar Free Polos!! :d'oh:
and it was a whole packet each time - yes I know :busted: :-(

I never used to have a problem with them but I know when on Dukan strange things can happen!

I feel so bad demonising those lovely noodles :nono:

thanks ladies x

Back