To keep or No to keep, that is the question??

Alia

Silver Member
Hey all

When you have dropped a dress size as you go along your weightloss journey do you keep the clothes that are too big 'just incase' or do you get rid.

I'm a bit scared to get rid of mine, having said that I dont think there is anything in my wardrobe yet that is so big I can't wear it but I'm thinking about WHEN that time comes and it will come for sure but still think I'd have trouble getting rid of them.

GET RID OF THEM -- Dr Phil says if they are not there, its LESS likely you will creep up to that size again!

Having said that...I only have 5 pairs of trousers and a few tops I wear -- hoping to get into the smaller sizes....

The first time that I lost weight, I kept all of my old clothes - 'just in case'.
This time, it is for good and they have all gone to Charity Shops.
It feels like closure. x

i think its detrimental to keep them, your doubting your long term success by keeping anything that is now too big to wear.. You will never need them again, so why keep them. Stop hoarding and chuck em girl!

Chuck em!
Just keep one top & one bottoms or a dress though (not to fit into again) just to see what you use to fit into once and what you fit into now! Plus it's good to show them in class, what size you were and how you look when you are @ target! ;)

Good luck!

Im about to embark on a large dose of chuck it out. And I cant wait! :D Nowhere near target yet, but I am at a size that I wouldnt mind wearing something fitted so much, so all that baggy stuff can go.

Flog them on E-bay and buy new pretty things!

Q

This is the first time on SW (done every other diet mind:p) -I have lost nearly 2st and even though I have loads more to lose I had a clear out 2 days ago... anything that is too big has either gone -or is in a pile for me to get rid of on here...
I just know that this time I will never need them again...... :D
Get rid as you go ;)

Bin them, ebay them, take them to a boot sale, just whatever you do, don't keep them!

I'm sure so many people here are like me and don't notice too much when you creep up a size, as after years of yo-yoing i've got a wardrobe full of different sizes. So when i'm trawling through the cupboards looking for things to wear as i'm having a fat day I think, 'oh i'll just pop that on ad see if it looks ok', then before you know it, the fat clothes have become the normal clothes again. Whereas if they weren't there, i'd notice my clothes becoming tighter and do something about it.

I'm getting rid of everything this time round!

I kept everything I'd got too small for - until I hit target. Then I looked over them all and said 'goodbye forever'. :)

Boot sale is the best idea! Not too much hastle either, I did one a couple of weeks ago with some old clothes and got £53! Not bad! :)

I found I sold more, much quicker and got better prices for things at boot sales. People were happily paying £2 for bottoms and £1 for tops without even quibbling - obviously more for nicer things, but much less effort than ebay and having to pack and post everything!

Chuck em :D it's quite it empowering actually!

I did this the other day. Had 2 black bin bags full of clothes too big or too old.

The contrast in the old clothes to new clothes is quite different as well, all my old ones are dull neutral colours yet most the new ones are bright and bold!

Bin them, ebay them, take them to a boot sale, just whatever you do, don't keep them!

I'm sure so many people here are like me and don't notice too much when you creep up a size, as after years of yo-yoing i've got a wardrobe full of different sizes. So when i'm trawling through the cupboards looking for things to wear as i'm having a fat day I think, 'oh i'll just pop that on ad see if it looks ok', then before you know it, the fat clothes have become the normal clothes again. Whereas if they weren't there, i'd notice my clothes becoming tighter and do something about it.

So so true!!!

If you're considering keeping them ask yourself why? if you think you'll need them again, you probably will, if you tell yourself it's for life and you'll never wear them again - you've much more chance of succeeding (well thats my philosophy this time anyway!!)

I also think sometimes some of my dresses I sell are soooo pretty and expensive that they are maybe not going to target the right audience at a boot sale xx

Some things are definately too nice for boot sales! I remember standing agast when my sister and I did a bootsale and she took loads of clothes to sell, and I didn't bother, but her worn out old tops and clothes with worn out arm pits and the like were flying off the rails!

I've not been to a boot sale for years but from what I remember things were flogged cheaply - did a few when all my twins were small and having 4 little babies, money was much tighter, freezing cold and at the crack of dawn, I'm so past that these days lol.

I sell my stuff on ebay, have done for years and have often found I get more for the stuff than I paid for it (joy of having an ex hubby who works for Simply Be and getting everything at cost price) and it gives me something to do. Sell all my little ones clothes on there too and always make enough money from them to buy what he needs in the next size up - think I'd be gutted to sell a dress I'd paid 20 quid or more for, sell for 2 pounds out of my car boot.

over my weightloss journey I have gone from a 22/24 to a 10/12 and kept all the clothes.But it had got to the stage where I had four black binbags of outgrown clothes and they were in danger of taking over my house so I freecycled the lot and they were collected by several very grateful ladies and so much less hassle than ebaying them

Lesleyxx

I have kept the trousers and top that I wore to my 1st weigh in.

The rest I gave to the chairty shop.

Back