Tongue Ulcers

Hi All,

Me and my fiance started doing CD SS in June last year and we both started losing weight pretty nicely.

Unfortunately my fiance started getting ulcers on her tongue (they are quite large and take up most of her tongue), and then fell really ill - doctors told her that it was the diet and that she should come off it. I also came off so that we could find another way together.

Almost a year down the line and we've decided to try again. Only been doing it for about 4 days but the ulcers have already started to affect her and she's really worried that she's going to get ill again.

I know that she has a sensitive tongue (it can have a funny reaction to certain foods) so is it possible that it's reacting to the ketones? If not, should we be worried, and is it best she comes off the diet again?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

I'm not much help but i find it interesting as my 2nd week in I got ulcers all over my tonsils and mouth, I got rid of them with anti biotics and started the diet again. I'm now in my 4th week and its starting again.
I hope its not the diet

im not excatly sure but i have been onthe diet on and off due to having ulsers and i also had a abseese on my tooth 3 times im sure its due to the diet as i have never had these problems before i have just started it again today after 3 weeks so i am definately sure its due to the diet even thou i dont like to admitt it im sure its the fact we are not chewing or eating as im on 3 shakes aday ss sole sourse and sure its the reaction of not chewing or eating food as our slaiava is not active ???? maybe something to do with it
my doctor did suggest i chew gum just to keep my mouth in chewing action

Back