Too fat to exercise??

Is walking from 2-4 miles daily really going to help me lose weight?

My mentality is that since I used to do no exercise AT ALL then walking is better than sitting on my butt however after looking at numerous websites the general consensus is I may as well be sitting on my butt for the use it'll be doing.

I'm walking at worst 20 min mile on average 18-19 min mile and best 16-17 mins mile. I really don't feel like I'm dawdling.

Some days I can walk, other days not so much. Keep at it, it does help. Do you like swimming or aqua aerobics? Sometimes I find that works well. Do what you can, at a pace that is comfortable for you. I used to weigh 26 stone (about 10 yrs ago) and this is the advice I had. Since then I have exercised more, feeling fitter does seem to help

Some days I can walk, other days not so much. Keep at it, it does help. Do you like swimming or aqua aerobics? Sometimes I find that works well. Do what you can, at a pace that is comfortable for you. I used to weigh 26 stone (about 10 yrs ago) and this is the advice I had. Since then I have exercised more, feeling fitter does seem to help

I like swimming and love aqua aerobics however my swimsuit has not loved me for about a year now. I'd be mortified these days so FAT chance of anything involving me stripping off being included as exercising anytime soon.

Is walking from 2-4 miles daily really going to help me lose weight?

My mentality is that since I used to do no exercise AT ALL then walking is better than sitting on my butt however after looking at numerous websites the general consensus is I may as well be sitting on my butt for the use it'll be doing.

I'm walking at worst 20 min mile on average 18-19 min mile and best 16-17 mins mile. I really don't feel like I'm dawdling.

Any exercise is better than sitting on the couch watching television lol

Make sure you stretch really well before you exercise. This will help tremendously with the shin splints. I was a runner once upon a time and had to learn to stretch because I would get extremely tight and uncomfortable calves. I had to stretch longer than the rest of the team. I have a friend who weighs over 700 lbs. She cant get out of bed at this point. She does sit down exercises as she is starting her weight loss journey. everybody, keep your heads up and think "I've got this"!

Make sure you stretch really well before you exercise. This will help tremendously with the shin splints. I was a runner once upon a time and had to learn to stretch because I would get extremely tight and uncomfortable calves. I had to stretch longer than the rest of the team. I have a friend who weighs over 700 lbs. She cant get out of bed at this point. She does sit down exercises as she is starting her weight loss journey. everybody, keep your heads up and think "I've got this"!

Also stretch well after your exercise, it'll help with the aches the next day

Also stretch well after your exercise, it'll help with the aches the next day

Thanks the for the tips

I wanted to go for another walk tonight but it started raining and it totally put me off I felt guilty and quite annoyed on not doing it, but I know this will happen quite often now with the weather turning so decided to invest in a treadmill. Ill still go for my walks outside at every opportunity it's so much more interesting

Invest in some good waterproofs and a good pair of waterproof waking boots or shoes. Far cheaper than a treadmill :)

I suffer for SAD effect and being outside in bad weather makes me really really miserable.

Back