Too good to be low syn / syn free!!

Lucky7

Lucky7
Whenever I have smoked salmon I have to double check the syns (it's syn free) because there's a part of me that thinks it's too good to be true. I feel the same about my spaghetti bolognaise as well.

What things do you double check as they seem too good to be true?

SW chips! Yummy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Mini milk lollies - only 1.5 syns!!

3 syns for a Tall Starbucks Hazelnut Hot Chocolate!

This isn't official, but is what I figured out, so if you want to stick to official numbers, ignore this. But it makes sense.

Officially, it's 11 syns for a tall hot chocolate with skimmed milk, with the whipped cream. Minus 3 syns for the whipped cream. Use the skimmed milk as your Healthy Extra A, and that saves 5 syns (the Starbucks tall cups hold a tiny bit more than your permitted allowance of skimmed milk, so I've knocked half a syn off the saving just to be safe). Sugar free syrups are syn free, so using sugar free hazelnut syrup, there you have it; a 3 syn hazelnut hot chocolate!

If you'd like to be safe, you could call it a 4 syn hot chocolate. But typing the calories on the Snackulator of just the hot chocolate syrup used also brings up 3 syns.

Oh yes, smoked salmon - stirred into scrambled eggs or on Ryvita with low fat Philly

0% Greek yogurt for me - love it!

This is great to read; I'm just starting SW and I'm hunting round trying to find out all those little secret syns that are going to make life that much easier. I was wondering if there was a way to get old-fashioned vinegar pie to turn into a kind of no-syn lemon dessert, since it's just egg, sugar, vinegar and water in a pastry shell. The pastry shell might be a bit of a challenge, but I reckon you could make the filling with just sweetener. I'll have to experiment!

I suppose you could do a kind of lemon meringue as well - eggs are still free if you separate them, aren't they? Add some super free on the side... I'm liking the sound of this!

Back