Too much salt!

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
Here's a thought.

I had vegetable skewers in teriaki sauce the other day at a Japenese restaurant, and decided to get some teriaki sauce from Tesco to do a stir-fry at home.

I used purple-sprouted finely-chopped broccoli and fresh tuna steak, and added a couple of splashes of the sauce, stir-frying for a few minutes.

When I tasted it, I found that the broccoli had absorbed the sauce to the extent that it was too salty, and I could only eat a bit.

Because I am more aware of what I eat, I think I'll have to limit the use of this sauce to meat or veg that does not absorb the sauce.

It is interesting that in the past I used to like a bit of chip with my salt, but now I am sensitive to salty tastes.

I've always hated salt TBH, and found that most foods dont need it. The only exception to this being chippy chips which also require a lot of vinegar as well!!

I think there is nothing worse than salty food, makes me really really thirsty as well, so if I am out for dinner and I have something salty I would normally end up drinking lots and lots of wine as well!!

I use a lot of ground pepper as well, and since I am on CD, my soups are regularly doused in pepper!! Much nicer than the white stuff!

Here's a thought.

I had vegetable skewers in teriaki sauce the other day at a Japenese restaurant, and decided to get some teriaki sauce from Tesco to do a stir-fry at home.

I used purple-sprouted finely-chopped broccoli and fresh tuna steak, and added a couple of splashes of the sauce, stir-frying for a few minutes.

When I tasted it, I found that the broccoli had absorbed the sauce to the extent that it was too salty, and I could only eat a bit.

Because I am more aware of what I eat, I think I'll have to limit the use of this sauce to meat or veg that does not absorb the sauce.

It is interesting that in the past I used to like a bit of chip with my salt, but now I am sensitive to salty tastes.
i know exactly what you mean,
my ll coucilor suggested nuking our nut bar and cumbling it with salt , it was lovely :eek: but even though id used very little salt , it was too salty , like you i always subscribed to the salt as a main course school of thought:D
p.s hows management ??? im loving your thread xx

Hello there Sukie,

I must admit, I never had advice to have the nut bar with salt. I can see how it may work though - a bit like a salted peanut.

Management is going really well so far. I'm going to update my thread a bit later, after catching up on e-mails. I am pleased that you are enjoying it!

I notice from your tracker that you're doing really well! How are you feeling now Sukie? What size clothes are fitting now? Bet you can't believe it!

im feeling fab !!!!!
cannot believe how much possetive energy im radiating :D
my poor hubby is struggling to keep up , he sais that after the last 3 years of me limping along not being me he now feels he has his old sue back ,
he sais my old cheeky aura is back with avengance :eek:
although this body is one he hasnt seen before as im much smaller now than hes ever known .
thats because ll is so much more isnt it , i really think the ta and cbt have done more for me than the actual weight loss:D
oo im now going from a 14 into a 12 (although top shop 12s are a little snug still)

Back