Trust online calories burned calculators?

caloriecounting

Hey i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my problem.

I had a screening at my gym where they measured my weight hight BMI etc and I was told that if i was to sit idle for 24 hours my body would need 3,000+ calories to fully function. I am around 13 stone (180 lbs, 80 kilos)and im around 5'9tall (179cm).

What is confusing me is i have used several calorie calculators online and they all say i burn only an average of 2000 per day or 87 per hour but this guy told me my body would use 3000, so, if my daily calorie intake is 1000 then am i burning 1000 or 2000 calories from body fat in 24 hours?

Another way of putting it is, if i intake 500 calories for lunch does that mean im not gunna start burning any body fat for allmost another 5 hours?

Im just using sitting idle as an example i dont literally sit around expecting to lose weight however with only 1000 calories per day i should lose weight reguardless of activity.

Hi and welcome to minimins :)

3,000 calories sounds very high for your weight and height without activity. I would be more inclined to trust the 2,000 figure

With 1,000 calories a day intake, you would lose weight even if you don't exercise. That's quite a low amount though.

Another way of putting it is, if i intake 500 calories for lunch does that mean im not gunna start burning any body fat for allmost another 5 hours?

Doesn't really work quite like that as it's ongoing ie burning 24 hours a day, just by keeping your organs going :)

I am havin 1000 a day and exercising too for at least half an hour. I still feel full having 1000 calories as a shop around for foods i can eat more of because they have lower cals in hence why i can manage with 1000 :)

Back