Trying again

Hi there. This forum is new to me but reading your threads I could relate to what you're saying! I originally started following the rosemary conley way 4 years ago, the less than 5% fat rule definitely works for me, in the past I've done low cal and calorie counting but never lost much and it didn't stay off. I started at 11st1lb and got down to 9st10lb in about 5 months. Since then I'd put on couple of pounds but then lose again but in the last 4 months it's gone to pot! No excuse really but got new job and moved house to a place that needs completely updating. I've done no exercise and have eaten whatever I fancy, my clothes are now snug, last weekend I weighed 10st 3lb and my body fat has gone up 3%! I've decided to start from scratch again from Sunday and do rosemary's kick start for 2 weeks. I know I will find it hard and thought this forum might help me :)

By the way (and should have said this first) well done on your weight loss, it's great when you get to 1 stone!

Hi there ,thanks for posting i am sure that you will get back into it , you have had a lot on in moving house and job, i agree it can stop us focusing on our low fat food and its very easy to suddenly realize that the clothes are feeling tight . but you did well before so i am sure you will get back to your goal ,especially as you know about all the RC way of eating

and talking about low fat ,i have just made a cake this morning , i made the recipe up myself and was quite pleased how it turned out , in the past i made the lemen drizzle cake that was in one of RC mags , the recipe called for flora lighter than light , but as i am inclined to keep going back for more pieces (naughty me) it ended up being to fattening even with the low fat flora in it , so i have adapted the recipe by not adding any flora at all , and i used a tub of 0% fat quark instead, so even if i go back for second helpings it has no fat at all in it .

I used 8oz of SR flour, 2 large eggs ,only 4 tablespoons of caster sugar, 1 big tub of 0%QUARK

when it was cooked i poured the juice of 3 lemons all over it , stabbing the top of the cake all over with a fork , it took a while for all of the juice to be sucked up into the cake , and then i sprinkled the top with some castersugar .

so it was a fat free cake and i did not feel guilty going back for seconds.YUM YUM

Hi there ,thanks for posting i am sure that you will get back into it , you have had a lot on in moving house and job, i agree it can stop us focusing on our low fat food and its very easy to suddenly realize that the clothes are feeling tight . but you did well before so i am sure you will get back to your goal ,especially as you know about all the RC way of eating

and talking about low fat ,i have just made a cake this morning , i made the recipe up myself and was quite pleased how it turned out , in the past i made the lemen drizzle cake that was in one of RC mags , the recipe called for flora lighter than light , but as i am inclined to keep going back for more pieces (naughty me) it ended up being to fattening even with the low fat flora in it , so i have adapted the recipe by not adding any flora at all , and i used a tub of 0% fat quark instead, so even if i go back for second helpings it has no fat at all in it .

I used 8oz of SR flour, 2 large eggs ,only 4 tablespoons of caster sugar, 1 big tub of 0%QUARK

when it was cooked i poured the juice of 3 lemons all over it , stabbing the top of the cake all over with a fork , it took a while for all of the juice to be sucked up into the cake , and then i sprinkled the top with some castersugar .

so it was a fat free cake and i did not feel guilty going back for seconds.YUM YUM

This is funny, I chose to make a lemon drizzle cake (full fat version though!) as one of the cakes I took to work last Thursday for my birthday! Your fat free version sounds fab, I'm definitely going to make that when I've done my 2 weeks kick start :)

So are you at half way with your weight loss?

This is funny, I chose to make a lemon drizzle cake (full fat version though!) as one of the cakes I took to work last Thursday for my birthday! Your fat free version sounds fab, I'm definitely going to make that when I've done my 2 weeks kick start :)

So are you at half way with your weight loss?

I must admit its not as yummy as the full fat version , but it is certainly worth making if you are after a lemon cake fix without feeling guilty:)

i am hoping to get to 9st 7lb . At the start of July this year i was 11st 10lb, I am now down to 10st 11lb

so i have about 1st 4lb to go , i am going at a slow pace because i am wanting to make it a habit for life, i think maybe i could do with weighing my food a bit more as i have not done that yet, so if i start not to lose weight i think i will do that .

plus i am inclined to make those cakes and keep eating them, even if they are low fat to many portions is not good for me. :)

i am also trying to eat a bit more less processed food , so i am not buying the low fat cakes in the shop

but my down fall is the glass of wine at the end of the evening , and sometimes it ends up as 2 glasses

how many cals are you allowed on the kick start?

I must admit its not as yummy as the full fat version , but it is certainly worth making if you are after a lemon cake fix without feeling guilty:)

i am hoping to get to 9st 7lb . At the start of July this year i was 11st 10lb, I am now down to 10st 11lb

so i have about 1st 4lb to go , i am going at a slow pace because i am wanting to make it a habit for life, i think maybe i could do with weighing my food a bit more as i have not done that yet, so if i start not to lose weight i think i will do that .

plus i am inclined to make those cakes and keep eating them, even if they are low fat to many portions is not good for me. :)

i am also trying to eat a bit more less processed food , so i am not buying the low fat cakes in the shop

but my down fall is the glass of wine at the end of the evening , and sometimes it ends up as 2 glasses

how many cals are you allowed on the kick start?

So not far off half way then :) On kick start you're allowed 1200 calories regardless of weight/gender/age. I do weigh for the 2 weeks of kick start so I know I'm getting the full weight loss benefit! I do get a bit hungry at the end if the evening but just remind myself it's only for 2 weeks and then I get to increase my calories! Like you I very easily eat too much even of the low fat stuff and problem is the calories mount up ever so quickly!

Keep up your good work. Here's to you getting to 10st 7lb, then you're over half way :)

So not far off half way then :) On kick start you're allowed 1200 calories regardless of weight/gender/age. I do weigh for the 2 weeks of kick start so I know I'm getting the full weight loss benefit! I do get a bit hungry at the end if the evening but just remind myself it's only for 2 weeks and then I get to increase my calories! Like you I very easily eat too much even of the low fat stuff and problem is the calories mount up ever so quickly!

Keep up your good work. Here's to you getting to 10st 7lb, then you're over half way :)

I am sure you will lose quite a bit on 1200, i think i may have to try the kick start i have the latest mags so there is no excuse really ,

That's my downfall to Mayy! Wine is a demon, it tastes so good n it's my wind down after a day being mummy ?

Started diet yesterday and was fine but now I'm literally craving wine and am slightly moody. Lol. 12 days to go ? x

That's my downfall to Mayy! Wine is a demon, it tastes so good n it's my wind down after a day being mummy ?

Started diet yesterday and was fine but now I'm literally craving wine and am slightly moody. Lol. 12 days to go ? x

Just think about those lbs dropping off in the next few days and then after 12 days you could treat yourself 1 glass :)

hi mayy
i do it alone at home with help from here and mfp
but im like you girls i love my white wine but i try to behave all week and then have 2 glasses at the weekend do not touch it in the week now have not for a long time only on holiday x x

Good for you chezz ?. I wish I could abstain. I gave in last night & had a bottle ?. So pissed of at myself. I'm really struggling with 1200 calories and no wine. X

YUM YUM just been to morrisons and found a nice dip , and i have eaten the lot for my lunch, with some practically fat free crackers, i shall certainly be buying it again

its called beetroot yoghurt and mint dip, its in the NUME range, the fat content was 4.5% per 100g, and the whole pot was 170g i thought it was delish .

Well 1 week on kick start and lost 1.5lbs, and I had a meal out with work mates Wednesday so I don't think that's too bad. I did a couple of aerobics classes for the first time in 4 months so if I'm honest was secretly hoping I'd lose more! Well 1 more week of 1200 calories, maybe I can lose the same again? So when is your weighing day Mayy? Mine is Saturday, that way if I have a treat on Saturday, if I'm strict for the rest of the week when I weigh the following Saturday my body's had time to burn the extra fat and calories! That isn't the RC way but over the last 4 years it works for me and means if I'm craving something naughty I just tell myself I can have it on Saturday :)

Hi. Don't beat yourself up over the blip with the wine! Most people will have something they really miss, mine is chocolate or nice biscuits. I ate them most days until 4 years ago so cutting them out was SO hard, which is partly why I let myself have a treat on Saturdays, it helps keep me sane which might sound extreme! I am also finding 1200 cals hard, but just remind myself it's not for long and then you get to up the calories to your BMR. Also when you start seeing the pounds going down when you get on scales it will all be worthwhile! My friends and family know how much I love food and I don't always find it easy, so if I can do it anyone can!

jjackson
your so right i have friday or saturday as my treat day when i go out and have my wine i behave very well all week but the only thing i must doo is make a sandwich for when i cime in as i want a takeaway which is no good for me so this week i made myself a cheese and onion sandwich (feata on brown bread) do you know i loved stayed up an hour and off to bed i went better then a takeaway and proud of myself x x

Hi. Don't beat yourself up over the blip with the wine! Most people will have something they really miss, mine is chocolate or nice biscuits. I ate them most days until 4 years ago so cutting them out was SO hard, which is partly why I let myself have a treat on Saturdays, it helps keep me sane which might sound extreme! I am also finding 1200 cals hard, but just remind myself it's not for long and then you get to up the calories to your BMR. Also when you start seeing the pounds going down when you get on scales it will all be worthwhile! My friends and family know how much I love food and I don't always find it easy, so if I can do it anyone can!

i think i am learning to be a bit more disciplined when it comes to the biscuits, i have decided that i am no longer going to ban these things ,but instead of eating half a pk of chocolate biscuits i am going to have just one and add it into the days cals, one biscuit is only about 100 cals

i think the self disciple thing is the way to go , as it can work in the long term :)

Back