trying to focus - xmas is not easy

ingeh

Im new here but been on mfp for ages now. I had my youngest son 8 weeks ago almost and have lost 12lbs since. Im finding it so hard to stick to my 1700calories a day whilst at home with him and my 20 month old son. My partner works 12 hr shifts (days and nights) so on his working days im on my own all day and find it hard to stick to eating well when running after the kids.
My partner isnt any help at all.Hes 6ft2 and 18st and walks a 5 acre site and back 2 times a 12 hr shift as he works as a security gaurd. He brought home an apple crumble last night and I had to resist, he doesnt think I need to lose weight as Im a size 12 and he thinks I look fine. I need to lose inches rather then weight really, even though thats important too. My waist is 33 inches and I want it under 30 (use to be 27 so thats the long term goal) hips 38 which I want to be 34-36 again.
Sometimes it feels like I have so far to go and when Im not getting much support then its harder. Im getting a kettlebell boxing day so am going to do workouts with that 3-4 days a week to lose some inches. Im wanting to lose most of the inches by my birthday in april do I need to crack on.
Xmas isnt helping when theres mince pies and cakes and cream :p Gary, my partner thinks I shouldnt be so strict but I really have to do this. I lost 2st in 4 months before getting pregnant with my youngest so I know I can do it again, I just need to focus. It will be easier in the new year (hopefully!)

urgh today is a new day right? Yesterday I possibly got to around 2000 calories so just under maintance for me. Iv been good so far, had 2 minted lamb steaks in pitta breads, having cous cous, sausages and lots of veg tonight, might have a big bowl of porridge as Iv got about 600 calories left of my 1600cal goal

Back