turkey

kittykat

Gold Member
Am off in 4 weeks has anyone been beginning of june ??? how hot is it ??? advice please

hot hot HOT!!!

Cover your arms and legs all the time!! Turkish men aren't used to such nakedness and you'll get looked at....if only looked!!

If you have any blonde girls going with you....brace yourself.

Lovely place though.

xx

Very hot hun! My mate and I were out there 2nd and 3rd weeks in June last year and it reached 90+ most days. The turkish men are all over the women, but be warned, they are very fickle!!!!

We are going on 13 July to Fethiye. Never been to Turkey before
Irene xx

irene i read on your thread your off to latoonia Lovely my friend went last yr youll love it

went to turkey last yr so know what to expect not in june though wasnt expecting it to be sooo hot !!

wow its hot we are going to rhodes which you can see from turkey and apparently its 101 in the shade there, good thing though is it still gets cool at night at this time of year so take a cardi with you!

wow its hot we are going to rhodes which you can see from turkey and apparently its 101 in the shade there, good thing though is it still gets cool at night at this time of year so take a cardi with you!

thanx for that nat that was my next question xxx

As you can see from my avatar i love Turkey.

Irene - Fethiye is absolutely lovely, make sure you visit Olu Deniz beach nearby its absolutely gorgeous, crystal clear waters expecially in the lagoon part. I'm going to Hisaronu which is near Fethiye but up in the mountains, on 24th June. It'll be my 5th time in about 20 months of going to Turkey (i have an ulterior (sp?) motive lol)

Some of the men can be bad but in my experience if you let them know you're not interested or they know you have a partner the majority will back off and i've made some amazing friends in the staff at the hotel we go to. And you usually find in the tourist areas that the men are very used to the tourists wearing swimming stuff and probably used to women being topless, so no need to cover yourself up to a daft extent unless visiting a mosque when shoulders and legs need to be covered. They do tend to stare alot but just avoid eye contact with them. We've never had any problems at all with them. Having said that i've never been to a big resort like Marmaris, Hisaronu is relatively small compared to there.

And it will be hot, its very hot in Fethiye at the moment. Hisaronu is a few degrees cooler as its higher up. As said previously it can get a bit nippy still at night so take a cardi just incase.

All in all, i love turkey and would recommend it to anyone! I think you find you either love it or you hate it.

Snail im off to hisaronu 4th june went sept last yr loved it especially time out bar !!!

Hey nice one!!! Where you staying?

Did you try the Reef Bar at the Pine Hill Hotel? Its just a bit further down from Azda and Alfresco's (not on the main strip).

You definately have to go this time if you havent been, the hotel has a restaurant there aswell and food is gorgeous!!

If you go tell them Emma (Freddie's bird or Emma as in Emma and Katy) recommend it!!!

were staying here tayfun apartments
just down from the main stretch last yr we stayed in ovacik
a bit too far out for our liking

did u ever go in time out ???

No we didnt, although ive heard good things about it. Those apartments look nice, you should stay at Pine Hill if you go again its really close to the centre. Def visit The Reef Bar though aswell, its top.

may try and look reef bar up if we remember cheers xxx

hope you have a good time, no doubt you will!!!! let me know how you get on. x

sure we will have a fab time 2 girlies off leaving OHs and kids at home will post on my return where your be getting ready to go

have u ever been beginning of june is it hot and is it chilly of a nite ??

Fab place - but be careful what you eat/drink! My friend and I were in Kusadasi and got such a bad tummy bug we both sh*t ourselves - literally! Fortunately I was wearing denim shorts which contained it until I got back to the hotel.... Others we spoke to were similarly afflicted...

how long ago did u go mrs pink ??

sure we will have a fab time 2 girlies off leaving OHs and kids at home will post on my return where your be getting ready to go

have u ever been beginning of june is it hot and is it chilly of a nite ??

sorry only just seen this!!

yes we went at the beginning of june last year and its was hot in the day and a bit chilly at night, make ure you take a cardi.

been to turkey 5 times now and never had a problem with a dodgy stomach. you can get food poisoning from your local restaurant though.

rhanx for that was just gonna wear jeans/top for nite and taking denim jacket do u think that will be ok ?? btw theres a new shopping complex opening with a bar with 3 rooms all diff music & there opening nite is 9th june gonna give it a go will let u know what its like

Back