Two melons balancing on an egg, wedged between two chicken drumsticks..

Morning Batty, hope the check goes OK xxx

Thanks hun, me too!

Good news is that I didn't faint, yay! I think the 15 minute walk down the hill to my appointment helped by increasing my blood pressure a little, as the needle seemed to be only in for about 20 seconds. I get the results this Thursday xx

Last edited:
Bah! Phone just died and I lost all that I'd written about the latter part of this week :-/

Here goes again:

Thursday
B None (fasting for blood check)
L 2 of the above homemade burgers, with tbsp Jok n Al ketchup
D Venison, with a red wine sauce, leeks, mushroom, asparagus, green beans and broccoli (we weren't too keen on either the sauce or the venison)
S 20g salted peanuts, 2 pepperami, 60g cheese with 2 spring onions, 87ml Rioja (half of what was left from the recipe) & 120ml semi skimmed milk.

MFP: 1305kcal, 20g carbs. F 77%, 20% P & C 2%.

Friday
B 2 eggs
L MIM toasted and spread marg and marmite.
D 3 egg omelette with bacon, angel-delight type dessert (made with banana Da Vinci syrup, whipping cream, cream cheese & sprinkled with cinnamon)
S 26g baby plum tomatoes, spicy pepperami, 50g walnuts, 60g cheese, 10g Tesco 85% Cocoa chocolate, other half of mini wine bottle.

MFP: 2447kcal, 13g carbs. F 84%, P 15% & C 1%.

84% fat! I think that's a new personal record (If I don't post tomorrow, I may have had a heart attack lol). I thought earlier that nearly 2500 calories was pretty hideous..but actually if you're eating chocolate or cake during the day, then chips for dinner with a dessert in the evening..as I used to, I bet you rack up a lot more than that pretty easily.

I've been pretty good with my exercise the last couple of weeks, I've managed both Zumba sessions and one trip to the gym and this week I've added one roller disco session too. It's looking like I will be dragged to the dollar disco again next week too..

Today I've been trying to talk myself into going outside to do some gardening chores, but I know that the sun is deceptive and holds no warmth and the soil will be thick and sticky, so I've been having trouble persuading myself. I've spent the morning picking vegetable varieties using my seed catalogues and putting off household chores instead!

B xx

I am still successfully avoiding chores! I'm feeling so lazy, I've been wanting a cup of tea for the last hour and I haven't made it lol.

Come on B, there's much to do!xx

Well I planted the rest of my bulbs and did more essential pruning outside..it's frikken freezing, as I suspected! And I've done the dishes, so I've not been a total wash out today :)

We have some great cuts of steak for tea tonight which I'm quite excited about..OH cooks a lovely steak. I tend to get impatient, do something else, and them return to find strips of leather..

I can't wait for weigh in tomorrow, I think because I had such a good result last week it has set my expectations high - but I've got to remember that a pound is my aim and any more is a bonus - plus I've had a small amount of wine on several days this week.....

Oh what I would give for a glimpse of the end of this journey..

B xx

Thanks Lady, I need to kick myself up the butt sometimes lol. I've lost 1.8lbs, so I'm pleased with that. I'm just 3lbs off my target for March now..

I'm making some low carb cakes today to take to my Grandma's, we're always there for hours and her tin of chocolate biscuits keeps winking at me while I'm starving lol. So today I'm going to be prepared! I think I'm going to do banana and cinnamon almond cakes, cover them with sweetened soft cheese and sprinkle chopped walnuts over the top :)

Trying to convince OH to make coconut and lemon mounds from the Low Carb Gourmet to bring with us too. I'm such a greedy girl lol!

B xx

Oooh sounds lovely!

Not got my Low Carb Gourmet book yet - the Amazon bookseller sent me Girl with a Pearl Earring instead d'uh and now they're out of stock...

Not got my Low Carb Gourmet book yet - the Amazon bookseller sent me Girl with a Pearl Earring instead d'uh and now they're out of stock...

Whaat! Well if there's any recipes I can give you hun, just say :)

Thank you for the congrat's guys xx I'm feeling very positive and go-getting at the moment, like anything is achievable..it's amazing what a difference just a few months can make to this body.

We've just got back from visiting my grandma/dad and are absolutely starving, so we're getting an Indian. Chicken tikka and salad for me, can't wait! I also wanted wine, but OH is keen to get home..don't blame him really, and probably for the best!

Here are the treats we made earlier:

image-1349085210.jpg

image-4167745541.jpg

All in all a great day!

B xx

Last edited:
Oh wow they look scrumptious! So glad you had a great time :)

And thx re the recipes - I'll go study the index on Amazon and see what takes my fancy :)

No worries bird :)

Saturday
B 2 eggs
L 4 almond cupcakes, spread with cream cheese
D Steak with broccoli, sprouts & creamy peppercorn sauce.
S 'banana delight', 50g walnuts, 60g cheese, 2 spring onions & 50g cucumber. Soya milk.

MFP: 2449kcal, 17g carbs. F 82%, 16% P & 2 C %.

Sunday
B 2 eggs
L MIM spread with soft cheese
D Chicken tikka main with salad, lamb tikka starter (too much food, but delicious!)
S 2 banana & cinnamon almond cupcakes, spread with sweetened soft cheese & sprinkled with chopped walnuts. 2 lemon and coconut mounds. Soya and & some skimmed milk in tea.

MFP: 1808kcal, 23g carbs. F 77%, P 20% & 3% C (obviously a bit approx, as every take away is slightly different - I just used the chicken & lamb Tikka's that I found on MFP)

B xx

Last edited:
Thanks Stubbsey! My grandma loved them too Diem, she had two cupcakes and two macaroons in a row! We left the few that remained too.

I have no lunch at work today and forgot to order a low carb salad this morning...all the stuff that they bring up will be really carby. I'm not sure what to do!

Thank goodness we're Tesco shopping tonight so that I'll have food for tomorrow.

B xx

Well the salad was delicious, and still filling after I scraped all the potatoes and pasta out. It had an olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing which was really yummy, and which, according to the sandwich lady is meant to help you lose weight..

I'm surrounded by sick people at the moment! Touch wood it is missing me for the time being..I've been forcing OH to choke down my giant cat-food flavoured super multivitamins with me every day until he gets better..(with a small amount of malicious glee lol)

I really fancy giving the gym a miss today, I didn't sleep well last night and a cosy night in feels like the answer. Trouble is, I'm convinced if I don't get my three bits of exercise in each week I'll stall. I'll see how I feel in a bit, as Zumba is not till almost 8 o'clock, so plenty of time to mooch before then!

Now, what to rustle for tea...we've still not been Tesco shopping due to OH having to complete urgent work for his old boss, and I've not passed my test yet to take myself.

I might try that Chinese 5 spice chicken you all seem to be eating at the moment.. :) I also fancy more cupcakes!

Insatiable, aren't I lol?

B xx

my giant cat-food flavoured super multivitamins with me every day until he gets better..(with a small amount of malicious glee lol)B xx

LOL and just how do you know they taste like cat food, missus??? :D

Do let me know how you get on with the 5 spice, I've bought some but haven't tried it yet.

LOL and just how do you know they taste like cat food, missus??? :D

Do let me know how you get on with the 5 spice, I've bought some but haven't tried it yet.

Haha..call it a childhood experience!

5 spice is lovely, I've used it for years - definitely try it girl! And sesame oil is essential for Chinese style stir fries..I added dark soy sauce as I like a bit more juice, and garlic, sliced mushrooms and cauliflower to turn it into a bit of a stir fry.

Normally I throw in ground ginger too, but I wanted to stay as true as possible to the 5 spice taste. It was yummy! But my favourite Chinese spice is star anise, it makes beautiful sweet aniseed sauces.

B xx

Monday

B 3 rashers of bacon, fried with 65g mushrooms in butter and oil.
L Chicken tikka salad
D 5 spice fried chicken chicken stir fry
S 2 babybels, 75g almonds. Milk choc cocoa bark. Soya milk in tea.

Xx

I loooooove 5 spice chicken but especially fried so it's really crispy - wouldn't work with the sauce but that sounds lovely too, must give it a go.

I've got to thinking this morning how many of you are on your last stone or so, and its getting me worried..Will you all keep posting once you are at goal? Who will I get my super low carb recipe inspiration from? Will I like the new people as much as I like all of you?

B xx

Back