Two melons balancing on an egg, wedged between two chicken drumsticks..

Yes, I will keep posting B. I'll need the ongoing support to stay on the straight & narrow, plus I love the feeling that I've got a group of friends around me.

You lot are my only friends so I'm staying put :D

Just kidding of course...but this diary is so much fun to read over and remember what I was doing back then!

My last stone feels like its going to take 6 years to shift, don't worry!

Ok, happy girl again :D

I know we are all now approaching this in our own unique way, but posting and reading everyone's blogs on here really makes me feel we are part of a little team..so when people try to throw me off track by making out the diet is strange or too strict, etc etc...I actually feel confident that what we're doing is the right thing, because we're all doing it. And it's working :)

And god knows I'd be eating the same thing every day if it wasn't for you guys lol!xXx

Tuesday
B Choc protein shake, with soya milk
L 5 spice chicken stir fry
D Bolognaise, made with leeks, mushroom, garlic, one-carb ketchup, lea & perrins, tomato puree, on top of 50g spring greens
S Babybels (x2), whole almonds 50g, salted peanuts 25g, spicy pepperami & a small amount of semi skimmed milk.

MFP: 1442kcal, 19g carbs. F 50%, P 45% & C 5%.

I might up the ratios a bit with some cocoa bark later, still deciding..

B xx

I say we're all doing it and its working, most of the people I talk to on here are now doing 5:2 lol!

Feeling rough today..I need a snugly sofa, good slippers and an early night :)

B xx

I know! They're all making me very nervous lol.

Wednesday
B 2 eggs
L Last night's bolognaise (w/out the spring greens)
D Steak, with spring greens, asparagus and mushrooms.
S 2 babybels, 30g walnut pieces, 25g salted peanuts, spicy pepperami, 15g fresh beetroot. 75g blackberries, with half tsp granulated splenda and 25ml double cream.

MFP: 1904kcal, 20g carbs. F 65%, P 30% & 4%C.

Slightly more sensible ratio's today than my usual fat attack..and I'm still managing to not eat my sugar free sweets (which I'm keeping for a rainy day). Blackberries were lovely! I think they're my favourite berries. Although I felt a bit anal painstakingly weighing out the cream.

OH is watching silly football..lucky for him I've had a big fat seed catalogue through the post today to busy myself with, so I'm allowing him to watch the whole match lol..

B xx

Everyone on here started doing Judd last year sometime and I started feeling very on my own - but I think almost everyone ended up giving it up again not long after. I always kind of want to try these new things but get too scared to risk it. I read all the threads with interest, though.

Well done staying off the sugar frees! I know what you mean about weighing out cream - I've always been a 'just a dash' person - but it's actually one of the things I turn out to be worst at estimating.

I know ML, I just can't imagine that fasting is the way to go, for me anyway, but it does seem to be popular.

I'm quite curious what you were doing with so much mayonnaise LadyFel!

I have a confession, on Wednesday I woke up feeling really chubby (you know sometimes you just feel as though your jowls have tripled overnight) and I hopped on the scales..1lb up...so then I was questioning everything. The trouble is, there are so many damn variables to weight loss, you never really know what's caused what.. but my top 3 guesses are 1) No exercise due to being extremely knakkered this week 2) Not enough sleep leading to point 1) & 3) Not enough water, due to drinking too much coffee due to point 2). Other possibilities are TOTM & restarting my contraceptive pill this week.

It's only a pound, it'd be gone after one day of dehydration or a dicky tummy, but dammit it's stuck to me, and it's a pound in the wrong direction!

B xx

Feeling in better spirits today, what is a pound anyway lol?

We have been to see the allotment for the first time in weeks, and a nice lawn of perennial weeds has grown over it..so we've doused it with Round Up again..hopefully the rain will stay away for a few hours tonight to allow it to dry. Good news is that I've finally finished researching my veg varieties and have the final list that will be going into the beds. I'm planting to artfully order from each of the different seed companies to take advantage of all their different freebies and offers - all except Suttons - they can stuff themselves (too expensive).

We're having roast lamb, lots of veg and low carb cauliflower cheese tonight for tea. I'll end up over 20 carbs for the 2nd night in a row, but I figure the veg is needed at the moment to keep my immune system up :)

B xx

A pound will soon whooshie away, hun, just keep glugging the water and getting leafy greens down you :)

The mayo was for chicken salad, it does sound like a lot so I ended up using four in the end :)

I hope so LadyFel! I have been slacking in my water consumption a bit this week I must admit.

Busy day today, sorting through some dusty old boxes trying to condense them down a bit..it's brought back lots of memories and left me feeling quite sad in the end, as I couldn't help dwelling on the wonderful people and precious things that had been lost. I've clung on to all sorts of bits of rubbish over the years, and I'm finding it very hard now they have been with me for so long to let them go. It's all spread out over our living room at the moment, all dust and muskiness, making our living room smell like a thrift shop. Well, at least it will go back into storage much better organised :)

B xx

Yeah that's true.. :)

I am having one of those weeks where you just think sod it..and eat too much and throw your usual principles out the window. It's still all relatively low carb, but I've felt like loosening the reins, partly because gaining a couple of pounds has discouraged me a little and I need cheering up, and partly because my meal off plan tomorrow night is going to write off any losses I might have had this week anyway.

Don't lose faith in me yet though, I'm still doing Zumba and I'm back to 20 carb days next week..

B xx

Getting back on plan when you're ready is the main thing. Enjoy your meal out!

Thanks guys :) the meal was gorgeous! Well worth a little diet break.

I have been eating rather decadently tonight as well..

image-507796424.jpg

Steak, with creamy peppercorn sauce and celeriac chips, baked with garlic, paprika and a touch of 5 spice...YUM!

And this weekend we have bought the wood and chicken wire for our allotment fence, and built one entire side..and the corner posts and braces done on the opposite side. The fence is super bunny proof, as the chicken wire is buried under ground in a curved L shape, and then for good measure we covered it in rocks before replacing the soil. I never thought we'd find a use for the tons of rocks pulled from our garden that have been taking up all the space in the shed for the last year..so hurrah!

The soil at the allotment is lovely too, dark and crumbly..I can't wait to get planting!

Weigh in today, 13st, 1.8lbs..not too bad a gain, considering the much more relaxed week I've had and the night off plan..

B xx

Well clean & green this week hasn't really worked out..I've been so stuffed up with flu and a chest infection, there was no way MFP was going to get any love. Last night I just coughed and coughed and coughed :-( Hopefully will shake it over the weekend and be fighting fit by Monday.

But I have some great news for this morning, through lack of anything else to wear..I grabbed out my old size 16 skinny jeans, and they fit! Yaaaay!

Now back to snotsville..

B xx

Well naughty naughty LadyB has had a party the last two months, having anything and everything she was restricting before and ducking away from the Minimim's community in shame..my issue was not incorporating enough variety into Atkins I think, as I hit a wall with the repetition with what I was eating and couldn't continue..I also missed having a certain amount of convenience food, that quick piece of toast or the odd ready made meal (not the healthiest of foods, but handy when you don't feel like cooking). The hump that I was in combined with what seemed like an enormous amount of weight still left to lose did me in I think. So I have decided to switch to Slim & Save, they have a good variety of products, it's very convenient and I'm hoping the quicker results will give me a real boost. Then I was thinking about a stepping stone with Diet Chef, followed by maintaining long term with a low carb diet based on around 30-60g carbs roughly, but not strictly monitored. Am not sure whether to keep this thread going, start a new thread in Slim & Save, or have done with diaries altogether..but I will be milling around. Really pleased to see familiar faces still here and apologies for joining the masses that must AWOL suddenly and without explanation on Mim's all the time.

Good luck everyone in their respective weight loss journeys!

B x

Back