Two melons balancing on an egg, wedged between two chicken drumsticks..

Damn.

Thanks for letting me know lol.

Tuesday
Breakfast: Choc Whey Shake, with approx 30g smooth peanut butter.
Lunch: Tin of mackerel in sunflower oil (stinky) Salad with 3 cherry tomatoes, spinach, pepper, cucumber and mayonnaise.
Dinner: Large chicken breast, wrapped in bacon filled with rosemary, cream cheese and garlic (scrummy!!) 4 sprouts, very small amount of green beans, 3 broccoli florets.
Small leftover piece of coconut bark with chopped nuts :)
Snacks: All the flax muffin spread with cream cheese and two babybels

B x

Last edited:
Wow, your chook sounds gorgeous. I'm bad at doing fancy things with meat.

Try it Moonlight, it is soo easy and great if you have people coming over..Just choose some large chicken breasts, flip them over so that the rounded size is facing down and slit them lengthways up the middle, almost all the way through.

I love garlic, so I minced a fair amount of this up and divided between the breasts, into the cut. Then on top of this I added dried rosemary and approx two tablespoons of cream cheese for each one, spread the length the breast.

The bacon is quite sticky, so if you roll the two sides of the breast back together, and wrap two pieces of bacon around it widthways - it should stay together..then pan fry the parcel for a few minutes to seal the meat - before placing into some foil. Here I sprinkled on some black pepper and more rosemary. Then just wrap the parcels in the foil and stick in the oven. Ours is a fan and usually cooks them through in 20 minutes at 180C.

They're so quick to prepare and really delicious. Plus you can fill them with whatever herbs and spices you want x

Wednesday
Breakfast - Choc Whey Shake with 30g peanut butter.
Lunch - Salad with one quart Matteson's pork sausage and 3 slices of cheese.
Snacks - Salted mixed nuts 100g (definitely never buying salted nuts again after this week) 2 babybels.
Dinner - One quart marrow, filled with mince made to a bolognaise recipe with courgettes, peppers and onions.

Might have stepped on the scales this morning....(I have a problem lol) and I've lost one of those pounds from the weekend. But need to lose another 3lbs to be back on track..what are the chances lol?

B x

Last edited:
Evening LadyB - i have to avoid all peanuts salted or not:eek: all other nuts i'm fine with although prefer unsalted. Another low carb person did an experiment and if you drink enough water you might get away with the salt.

Good evening :) oh, so do you mean you can flush away water retention with extra water? Diets are such a minefield, I was only reading online the other day about how low carbing causes you to have a greater need for salt and now five minutes later I'm bloating up..lol.

Since learning the correct calculation, I've come to realise that nuts aren't even that low carb at all anyway. What does everyone else have for snacks when they're at work/on the go? All I have a constant supply of these days is nuts and cheese lmao.

Also a couple more things to add to todays diary: one all the flax muffin with cream cheese and one summer fruit crumble, made with ground almonds courtesy of OH.

Goodnight everyone,

B x

Yep you drink water to flush out water (and eat fat to flush out fat ;) ) basically when your body knows its not dehydrated and has a good regular water intake it doesn't need to hold onto as much.

Part of the reason atkinsers need a little extra salt is that flushing effect - we lose a lot of salt because we don't keep glycogen stores and are regularly flushing our bodies out.

...which makes us all sound a bit like toilets, but healthy ones!

Snacks - I don't need to snack that often but when I'm at home there's cocoa bark - or prawns with dipping sauce or mini cheeses or packets of chicken pieces (all from marks and sparks) when out. Or I take almond cupcakes with me.

I mainly use nuts in almond recipes where I've weighed the quantities out carefully - they're not mega low in carb as you say and they're high cal - though they do provide good fats they're just not something to eat mindlessly. And nuts are SO easy to eat mindlessly.

Yes indeed - mindful eating of nuts required:D

I find plain nuts ok, but the salted ones seem to be deadly for me. I just want to eat and eat and eat them..peanuts being the worst! (They're so creamy and moreish!) I'm going to see how I go cutting them out, except in baking and desserts. I like the idea of eating M&S nibbles though Moonlights :) I'll have to drag OH over there..

Thursday
-Breakfast: Choc Whey Shake, made with 200ml coconut milk and peanut butter
-Lunch: One quart Matteson's pork sausage, with salad including pepper, spinach, 3 tomatoes, cucumber, baby beetroot.
-Dinner: Sirloin steak with swede chips and creamy peppercorn sauce, 1 portion cocoa bark with mixed chopped nuts.

Friday
-Breakfast: Choc Whey Shake, made with 200ml almond milk and peanut butter
-Lunch: Salad with cheese and salami

Working overtime again tomorrow, boo!

B x

I agree salted peanuts are so very moreish! But I've find I can now eat roasted salted cashew nuts with out going crazy and eating the whole large pack. I also like the idea of weighing them out into 25g portions and putting in little bags ;)

Hey Miss! Yeah weighing them out definitely helps, I used to bring 50g unsalted nuts to work for snacks in a mini jar. At the moment I'm just considering what I can change to speed up my weight loss though, and as they're not on the Atkins Induction I think the nuts may be the thing to go.

The good news is that I have lost the 2lbs from my peanut frenzy on Sunday :D but I do feel a week behind because of it. I just want desperately to get to my pre-current job weight (14st,2lbs). Just 2 more lbs to go!

One of my jobs for the weekend is deciding what the other milestones will be, I have an end goal but nothing in between! (All I know is, I want to look hot in a bikini lol)

Zumba tonight, we have a crazy holiday cover lady who likes to jump up and down constantly..nearly killed me on Monday lol.

B x

Have fun at Zumba.. I love a good high impact Zumba class :)

Thanks Miss! I do too :)

Friday (cont.)
-2 babybels
-30g mixed salted nuts (to finish the bag)
-Choc Whey Shake with peanut butter (2nd today)
Dinner: Leftover bolognaise, with swede chips.

Ok, I know we're not meant to really be worrying about calories...but I found out today there's 200 of them in that little tablespoon of peanut butter! Eek!

I saw a doc today, who said my blood pressure was good and approved of the diet - provided I kept eating my veggies. She didn't think I needed any of the supplements I've bought though.

Apparently a small amount of cheese and a little soya milk will give you enough calcium. Co-Enyzme Q10 is more for older people and I should get the vitamins I need from what I'm eating..but she did say it was up to me.

One thing I am quite miffed about is that the HB Super One vitamins are made with sugar and sweeteners! And there's nought on the label to tell you how much..

Zumba with this cover lady was hardcore, I went lobster pink and had to stop part way to splash my face before it melted off! (why was no-one else this freakish colour?)

Then we all lined up in front of the mirror and I realised (amazingly for the 1st time) that I'm the biggest person in the class by a considerable amount..instead of it getting me down though, I just thought 'go me'..everyone's finding it hard and just about keeping up, but I'm doing that carrying probably carrying four more stones than the rest of them. No wonder I'm pink! Lol.

I'm knakkered now, Goodnight everyone :)

B x

Last edited:
I alway go "day glow" pink when exercising at Zumba lol I was always the biggest but after a while I realised I was getting smaller or everyone was getting bigger??

Wow 200 cals in a tsp peanut butter - that's loads

I count cals too, but give myself 1800 upper limit, but don't force myself to eat all my cals everyday - it doesn't matter if I eat 1200 one day and 1700 the next as long as I'm under the upper limit. I also try not to eat my exercise cals.. I find if I don't count cals I lose control of my portion sizes .. I use myfitnesspal phone app which makes it so very easy!! I really love being able to work out how many cals, carbs, fats etc are in my recipes/ meals.

Miss I am so glad that happens to someone else! It really does make me look weird lol..I'm looking forward to seeing the other bodies in the class getting 'bigger' around me ;)

I have got the my fitness pal app, and I'm meaning this weekend to back fill some entries for this week that are missing..that's how I discovered how naughty the peanut butter was actually. Makes me feel a bit ill when I remember how much I used to lag on toast lol.

Saturday
Breakfast: Choc Whey Shake, with no peanut butter!
Brunch: 1 sausage, 2 rashers bacon
Lunch: half a yellow pepper, 4 slices of salami, 30g cheese, 4 cherry tomatoes.
Snacks: 4 baby beetroot
Dinner: Takeaway Chinese Chicken in black bean sauce, with cauli rice and mixed vegetables (filled a plate with this and ended up eating about a quarter of it, not too long ago I would have polished off the lot! :D)

I fancied baking today, so made this:

image-1980847547.jpg

Which is the courgette cake from Low Carb Gourmet. Haven't tried it yet, but the raw mix tasted good. I added two teaspoons of lemon extract to the orange rind in the buttercream as I love a sweet/sour taste.

B x

Looks great :)

I made a choc fudge cake with quinoa flour and ground almonds, so no wheat and I used sweet freedom sugar replacement, which is low GI - so not really low carb but def low GI :).

Wowsers, courgette cake looks great!

You can certainly get some lower cal peanut butter than the kind you're using, worth shopping around for the lower carb varieties too. I mainly use pb to get my calories up if I haven't eaten enough.

I dont count calories exactly but I do give myself a rough range of between 1200 and 1800 a day. I don't mind if I go over or under occasionally but I find it helps to have a guide - especially as I eat between 20-30g carbs per day rather than under 20g. The lower your carbs are the less you need worry about calories. Still I've found going too low doesn't help me at all. Too high isn't usually a problem.

(keep an eye on the beetroot and peppers btw, both among the higher carb vegetables. And have you tried celeriac chips? Lower carb than swede and yummy!)

Congrats on shaking off that wee gain. I'm sure it will be taking the 2lbs you want gone along with it very soon. I give myself goals but not deadlines personally, deadlines make me anxious that things aren't happening 'fast enough' and in the past it's trying to speed up weight loss that has always made me restrict myself too much and fall off the wagon.

Last edited:
Looks great :)

I made a choc fudge cake with quinoa flour and ground almonds, so no wheat and I used sweet freedom sugar replacement, which is low GI - so not really low carb but def low GI :).

Thanks Miss! That cake you made sounds impressively nutritious and tasty, you have some lucky kids :) There are definitely cross overs between low GI and low carb. I read that quinoa is one of the best grains you can eat, sadly I tried using some once to make a rice type concoction, which didn't go so well. I've heard of it being used to stuff peppers etc x

I will have to try making stuffed peppers with it.. As have started using the flour but not the whole quinoa yet... tried it many moons ago and wasn't keen - but maybe older (fatter) and wiser now lol

Wowsers, courgette cake looks great!
You can certainly get some lower cal peanut butter than the kind you're using, worth shopping around for the lower carb varieties too. I mainly use pb to get my calories up if I haven't eaten enough.

I dont count calories exactly but I do give myself a rough range of between 1200 and 1800 a day. I don't mind if I go over or under occasionally but I find it helps to have a guide - especially as I eat between 20-30g carbs per day rather than under 20g. The lower your carbs are the less you need worry about calories. Still I've found going too low doesn't help me at all. Too high isn't usually a problem.

(keep an eye on the beetroot and peppers btw, both among the higher carb vegetables. And have you tried celeriac chips? Lower carb than swede and yummy!)

Congrats on shaking off that wee gain. I'm sure it will be taking the 2lbs you want gone along with it very soon. I give myself goals but not deadlines personally, deadlines make me anxious that things aren't happening 'fast enough' and in the past it's trying to speed up weight loss that has always made me restrict myself too much and fall off the wagon.

Thanks Moonlight :D it is gorgeous! However a bit of a hit at 16g carbs a pop (and 727 calories!) Myfitness pal is brilliant by the way! I love the fat/carb/protein pie charts, and daily summaries. I was thinking about what you said..about watching calories if I'm over 40g carbs and it's been really interesting to look at the week in hand. I like your idea of planning on there what you're going to eat there in advance - good thinking batman!

I've heard celeriac tastes like celery? So I wasn't too keen on the idea of that. Thanks for the tip on the peppers and beetroot, I've checked it out and I think I'll half the pepper I take with my lunches. But 25g of baby beetroot was just 1.3g carbs?

I agree about the goals/deadlines..it's the same for me, that's why I set my target date so far ahead (though I'm sure that time will go quick). I was thinking little markers though, like 'fit into size 16 jeans'. Which reminds me that I haven't written those yet!

I'll definitely keep my eye out for lower calorie peanut butter, yum yum. I don't think I have the same problem of not finding enough calories mind!

Sunday:
Breakfast: About a third of a portion of last night's chinese.
Lunch: The final portion of the above lol.
Snacks: Courgette cake

Still on 200lbs, so this week I'm planning ahead on MFP and exercising at least 3 times.

B x

Back