"Two sugary drinks a day can dull taste buds, study claims"

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Atropos, 9 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Interesting small scale study of the way excessive sweetness changes our tastebuds in a very short space of time.

Two sugary drinks a day can dull taste buds, study claims | Life and style | The Guardian

I know that my tastebuds have changes a little since starting to Dukan - sweetness is so rare in pp foods that I find tomatoes as sweet as I once found apples!

One thing I have noticed over the years is that our tastebuds as a society getting sweeter and sweeter - for example every year the selection of apples in the supermarket swings further and further towards the sweet end (pink lady, gala, etc) and away from the more acid (but still very tasty!) apples like cox and russets.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Splendarella

Splendarella Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I had savoy cabbage tonight and leeks and they tasted unbelievably sweet. Who knew?? It is almost as if my tastebuds have had a reawakening and food tastes like it did when I was a child.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.