typical losses

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Jayellekay, 10 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    Hello

Can anyone let me know what typical losses are in SW?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There's no such thing I'm afraid. A healthy weekly loss is 1lb to 2lb. Some people loss more, particularly if they have a lot to loss but it will eventually even out to around this. And some people lose less. But we are all heading in the same direction and even 1lb a week adds up to nearly 4 stone over the course of a year.

IanH likes this.
  4. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I'm going to answer this with the statement of "Average - what does average mean?" - just replace "average" with "typical".

The plan is designed to give a loss of 1 to 2lb a week. Wether you get more, or less, is down to so many factors - how well you stick to plan, how much activity, how much you have to loose. I've been a member now since December 2008. My losses are anything but typical though.

My first week - I lost a stone. (remember though that I started with over 27.5st to loose). I lost 13.5st by end of April 2010, and have lost 2st4 since then. (but have spent a lot fo the time since June last year trying to maintain). If I have a loss these days - it averages about 1lb a week. At times though I was regularly pulling 6 or 7lb a week at the start of the journey and a stone a month for the first 8 months.

That said - I know people who have taken 2yrs or more to loose 3stone. It's all so variable - that really - you can't take any average or typical. Just what the plan is designed to give.

5. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    Thanks!

Very helpful!

I have a lot to lose, so aiming for 2lb a week wouldn't be unrealistic, and anything more would be a bonus!

I realise nothing is average...but I just wanted a vague idea, so I don't expect too much and then get demotivated.

Thanks

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.