Underactive thyroid and losing weight

shell_y

Silver Member
Does anyone else here have one?
If so when you lost weight did it affect your level needed of thyroxine?
Just wondered as i had mine upped a few months back and i felt much better and the palpatations subsided but now i am getting them thick and fast again.

I am up for review of it in a few weeks just wondered on everyone else got on.

I too have an under-active thyroid but since being on SW have had no palpitations at all. I used to get them whenever I ate sweet stuff or butter etc. I stopped eating butter and chocolate long before I went on SW.

I take 200 mcgms a day and have my next test soon as well.

I would contact my GP if I was you. Palpitations are tiring, distressing and scary. They will take it seriously and perhaps even bring your appointment forward. Don't suffer unnecessarily.

hugs xxxxxx

Thanks i think i will ring tommorow to go chat with the doc as its become way to frequent for my liking. I am just dreading them telling me that they need to bring the tablets back down (recently for up up to 150 as i was getting a few palpatations but for the first month or two i felt loads better. But now they have returned with a vengence and i am just wondering if its because i have lost nearly a stone.
Hmm will see what they say, its horrible suffering with them.

Just rang gp surgery and they have brought blood test forward to next thursday. Hmm i may still see doc tommorow, will see how the rest of the day goes.

I would see the doc. tomorrow if you can, An excessive dose can cause palpitations..... they wear you out.

Just the smallest change of 25g can make all the difference.

Don't suffer, you do not need too.

hugs xxxx

Back