UnLimited Pasta/Potatoes

CoCo

Surely this can't be right? Eat as much as you like of pasta and spuds? How can that be right, surely it's all carbs in spuds and pasta and you would put weight on? I am confused:confused:

Yea, but i guess the thinking is that they are low in fat and pretty filling to eat large quantities of, plus on a green day you're limiting your intake of meat.

Anyone else?

My daughter-in-law and her Mum went to SW about ten years back - SW was probably different then but it still had those 'unlimited' days. d-i-l lost 4 stones fairly quickly, and her Mum lost 3. They ate everything they were allowed to!

I have to admit this is the one aspect of SW Ive never been able to get to grips with, I cant for the life of me work out how eating unlimited amounts of something can work :confused:

One of the boys at work was on SW, the amount he ate was quite scary

Surely this can't be right? Eat as much as you like of pasta and spuds? How can that be right, surely it's all carbs in spuds and pasta and you would put weight on? I am confused:confused:

It's not carbs that make you put on fat, but calories. I think the idea is that as there is a limit on the extras you can add to the pasta and spuds, eating them 'bare' becomes rather boring and so most people don't eat as much of them as they think they will

One of the boys at work was on SW, the amount he ate was quite scary

Yeah, my dad called in when i was just about to sit down to dinner (pasta) one night last week, he looked at my plate aghast and said accusingly "i thought you were supposed to be on a diet!". I still lost two pounds.

I'm sure it works in principle but certain people would struggle on green days - people such as myself who are insulin resistant and therefore prone to converting carbs straight to fat. Some people don't even know they are insulin resistant (also known as metabolic syndrome or syndrome X) and could become disheartened at poor results on green days. For them, red days would yield better results.

That question has always bugged me too, when i do syn free chips i eat loads and i mean loads, with beans and i lose, so surley my calorie intake must be vast if i have such a plateful, i dont get it either, but hey it works............BUT HOW.............??????????????????????????

That question has always bugged me too, when i do syn free chips i eat loads and i mean loads, with beans and i lose, so surley my calorie intake must be vast

Not really. Fried chips are about 3X higher in calories compared to syn free chips. Your large portion of chips with beans would work out as a reasonable sized meal for a dieter who had a fair amount to lose.

Red days for deff

I must admit to always being a bit scared of greendays and usually will only have the occasional day. Red worked very well for me in previous experiences but cant trust my body with pasta.

Back