Unsure whats going on :-( newbie waiting for funding...

Ive been on this site for sometime now but just read other peoples threads and now have a reason to write my own thread....
I have been seeing my Dr for 5 years regarding my weight and I have increasingly got bigger and bigger:cry:
To cut a very long story short I have now been reffered for weight loss surgery:eek:
My BMI is just 40 but I have arthritis in both knees and have to have both of my knees replaced at the age of 35 :cry: so any weight loss will help the life of my new knees. I am unable to exercise hence why ive been getting bigger, anyway back to the referal, I was refered for funding in May phoned my Dr last week and he confirmed I have funding:D and gave me a phone number to ring to ask what to expect next? A week later and several phone calls the phone number was for the funding admin office who state that they do not have any paper work from my Dr so funding carnt have been confirmed:sigh:phoned Dr again and he still states I have funding but now can not find the letter...just waiting for him to phone back now. I think he has me confused with some1 else...im so confused & upset:cry: very confused and upset:cry::cry:

Oh how frustrating for you. I completely understand where you're coming from, as I have CP and can't walk more than a few steps, and the weight has just piled on over the years. I've just started Slimming World as I have decided enough is enough now.
Why is it that nothing is simple when it comes to GP/Hospitals etc., the right hand just doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. I hope you have heard from the doctor by now and are feeling happier.

Hi

How annoying, hope it gets sorted. I went to my GP a year ago bmi was 35 and i have knee problems, 2 operations and my health authority refused me what a blow so joined sw again :flirt2:

Back