URGENT - Syn Help Needed to Settle Argument!

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Sarah-Jayne, 1 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya,

We are off out to order a chinese in like half hour and the OH and I have been talking about syn values of the meals.

My argument is that if the website says 8 syns for 370g of sweet and sour chicknen, then thats what I shall syn it as. But his argument is that 'how do you know its going to be 8 syns? you dont know how much stuff they put in it'.

So naturally im getting a little frustrated with it and through I would throw it open to you guys and girls to help settle this misunderstanding!

Thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Every Chinese takeaway is different and they all make their dish in a different way. We just have to take SW's word for it and unless we know every ingredient and how much of it is in the dish we can't work it out ourselves.

So you enjoy it

Irene xx

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Only alternative is he buys all the stuff and makes it for you and then you can count it accurately

Irene xx

5. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Irene :)

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    He's right - SW can't possibly guarantee that this is the syn value for every chinese. It's an average , guideline figure, but you should be aware that portion size can also vary greatly between restaurants so it could even be as much as double the quoted weight.

7. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    We were chatting about this at our meeting this week. Apparently the 'unbranded' syns in the middle of the normal SW book are maximum syns - if something's made by each supermarket, the syn value in the book is the highest of those.

Assume that the same goes for chinese, etc - but still only applies to the portion size stated!

8. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did weigh it out and added an extra 0.5 a syn just in case :) So made my whole meal 5 syns.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.