Using Syns towards HE choices

Mrs Pepperpot

Can anyone help me out with HEb choices and syns? I would like to have a hot cross bun for breakfast but know it's probably lots of syns. Could I deduct some and put it towards my HEb choice??

No you can't sorry. Your HEB choices are especially chosen because they are high in fibre and a hot cross bun is neither on the list or high in fibre so you would just need to syn it. Otherwise a fair number of people would be using their HEa for chocolate because there is milk in it lol

that's a shame! is there an up to date source list for Healthy Extras or is it just the book that you get when you join? I have often seen people putting things as their HE and then counting any 'extra' syns. How do they know how many syns are allowed for HEs iykwim?

Are you a group member? There is a list online if you are, or in the Free Branded Food 2012 book.

Healthy extras are usually around 6 syns. I do green days. Say I ate at Wetherspoons and had the chilli noodles with chicken which is 11 syns. I can use the chicken as a healthy extra and take 6 syns from that assuming there is enough if it in the dish to count. So this would be 1xHEB plus 5 syns.

No you can't sorry. Your HEB choices are especially chosen because they are high in fibre and a hot cross bun is neither on the list or high in fibre so you would just need to syn it. Otherwise a fair number of people would be using their HEa for chocolate because there is milk in it lol
this actually made me lol! ace and so true - :) would include myself in this!

I think it depends on what it is - so if you have wholemeal bread it would be ok to just count the extra syns if you have large slices rather than 400g - or the choccy weetabix. I do it with the porridge sachets - the fibre and fat is the same so I am just counting the extra sugar as syns - but this only works if the basic product is a HEX in itself

rockchick72 said:
I do it with the porridge sachets - the fibre and fat is the same so I am just counting the extra sugar as syns - but this only works if the basic product is a HEX in itself
Do you think this would work with the Alpen porridge sachets? I know its not quite following the plan true to the book but it seems reasonable to me!

No sorry that wouldn't work because flavoured porridge is not a healthy extra - certainly with the oatso simple sachets there is less porridge in the flavoured ones and more sugar :(

PatchworkPuss said:
No sorry that wouldn't work because flavoured porridge is not a healthy extra - certainly with the oatso simple sachets there is less porridge in the flavoured ones and more sugar :(

Poo! Lol!

Back