Using Syns

DearFatty

Silver Member
Hi

Just wondering how people manage their syns allowance. Do you use them all or does using less speed up your weight loss?

I'm using about 10 a day on average, but I've had a couple of weeks where I've gone up to the maximum and it hasn't affected my weight loss at all. I think it's probably best to use some every day, if only to give you something to cut back on if you hit a plateau.

I don't really use my syns like I should. I tend to bank them for the weekend, and I'm sure I would lose weight faster if I had 10 a day. I agree that we should be using them and then reduce them if we hit a plateau, cos if you never use them what can you cut out and still be eating healthily?

I find that I don't need them as much as I used to with EE as I feel fuller and don't have such strong cravings for sweet things as I used to. I now try to incorporate syns into my meals rather than saving them for treats, though I do stil have the occassional biccie here and there.

I average about 5 per day, can be as low as 2.5 or up to 8-10. It's generally the lower end and after reading a few posts on here I'm wondering if I should be ensuring I use them. I don't save mine up as I would use them for booze and then fancy a pizza / curry and boom goes the diet lol

I am really struggling on what to use mine on at all. I am tending to use them on sauces and low fat spread at the moment which takes me to about 3-4 per day. My consultant said that it is really important to use about 10 per day so that (as someone said earlier) if you hit a plateau you do have something to cut back on. I shall have to have a think about what to start using them on! It just seems wrong to use them on chocolate etc even though that is what they are there for eh ;) A lady in my group has lost 6 stone since April and she has always used hers for Maltesers etc so it's obviously fine to, lol xx

I use between 3 and 15 a day, depending what I'm eating. I also usually go out for dinner on a Friday. As I lose weight I'll have to reduce my syns during the week though.

Oh i hardle ever use my syns. If i do use them it's no more than 5. I think it's interesting about wht was said about having something to cut down if hit a plateau. I think i will start using them more but not going mad. Esp this week, pmt

I try to have no more than 10 per day, so that when I have a bad day & just need chocolate it doesn't do any damage as over the week, I've always got those syns in hand!!

I average around 1.5- 8 syns per day depending on what day Im on...I dont want any more, otherwise I will be looking to eat things I dont really want in order for me to have them all!
My Consultant was happy for me to do this too and I dont think it has effected my weight loss.

I tend to use at least ten of mine a day, always have a choc wafer or some rich tea at night so I don't feel deprived of my chocolate fix. Revels on a weekend for 8.5 syns is a real treat. Most people at my class use them for butter, gravy, sauce or alcohol and I don't have those things much so mine are saved for sweet things.

I agree they probably should be used as much as possible, but I find that SW green days suit me down to the ground, and I can go days and not use ANY syns at all. Feels a bit silly making a point of eating stuff I don't really want, just to use some syns?

Back