Vecon!!!

MrsB!

Hi

Could someone tell me where i can buy vecon, i have tried asda and waitrose and neither does it, i need it as it is used in alot of SW soup recipes.

Thanks.x

Ahhh really Louise?....Its a mystery isn't it?....i went to class last night and they said " Oh its easy to find its down the stocks aisle of the supermarkets "..hmmmmm...well i have looked again in my lunch hour and i can't find it! The only thing i can find is Boullion Stock which is close apparently but me wants Vecon!ha ha

x

hi cheeks and stacey -you can find it in health food shops, along with some other stuff that you may need

Try Holland and Barratts hun, they normally stock it.

Yea it does taste like normal stock but you need to use it sparingly cos its very strong.

Its a "wet" vegetable stock made suitable for vegans so it doesnt have anything nasty in it. Its also free!!!

Oh right cool, will check and see if i can see it next time i'm out. does it make your stuff taste nice or is the bovril better

Yeah chicken bovril is free (so is beef) and you can make soup with it or sauces and stuff. It is the jar that is free not the cubes.

Oh right cool, will check and see if i can see it next time i'm out. does it make your stuff taste nice or is the bovril better

I havnt noticed any difference between that and chicken stock.

I picked up some Vecon in Holland and Barrat today. I think it was £2.59 for a big jar, which will last yonks. I have a stash of ordinary stock cubes I need to use up though, which I'll just have to syn (seems strange sinning stock lol!)

well i spent ages looking for vecon - finally found it in holland and barrat. but cant stand the stuff - used it in my family famous rissotto and it was awful - cant put my finger on what was wrong but i didnt like it. good job stock cubes are low in syns! hope you get on better with it than i did!

well i spent ages looking for vecon - finally found it in holland and barrat. but cant stand the stuff - used it in my family famous rissotto and it was awful - cant put my finger on what was wrong but i didnt like it. good job stock cubes are low in syns! hope you get on better with it than i did!

I'm quite funny with things that i might not be sure of (if that makes sense), like everyone keeps saying how great quorn is but i can't stand it. I am put off things really easily.

lol after these last few posts think i will stick to bovril lol x

Back