Vegetarian King Prawns

natnat1105

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else had seen and tried the new Linda McCartney Fish Free King Prawns. They are delish and really low cal too.... 62cals for 100g. I've not seen anything like this in the market before.

Just thought I would recommend them to others. :)

I'll definitely look out for these, I'm always looking for vegetarian 'fish'/seafood type products :)

I picked up a bag of these tonight to try - not sure what I'll do with them yet, but hopefully they will be nice :)

Rigby said:
I picked up a bag of these tonight to try - not sure what I'll do with them yet, but hopefully they will be nice :)

You should try them in Paella.....lovely. I quite often have them plain, as a little protein snack at work with a little salt and black pepper on them and they are delicious!!

Interesting to see this thread. I saw them and thought I couldn't imagine what they'd taste like! Are they fishy tasting? Or salty? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Zest for Life said:
Interesting to see this thread. I saw them and thought I couldn't imagine what they'd taste like! Are they fishy tasting? Or salty? X

They are very fishy tasting, but I think they are delish!! I usually add some pepper and salt to them when cooking anyway sp they are pretty salty when I've done! :)

Zest for Life said:

Yyy

natnat1105 said:
They are very fishy tasting, but I think they are delish!! I usually add some pepper and salt to them when cooking anyway sp they are pretty salty when I've done! :)

Oh really? I don't really like fishy taste, might give them a miss. I like everything else though so not a problem x
Thanks for reply x

yep i'm the same when i saw them in the shop i couldnt stop laughing the idea of veggie prawns not to my taste :eek:

Back