Vegetarian yoghurt help!

Dolil

I was wondering if any body knows of any syn free yoghurts that are veggie friendly?

I love my onken vanilla but now it's synned I don't trust myself to have a big pot around. All muller lights have gelatine in :( struggling with sweet cravings and having NO yoghurt I can eat.

Activia fat free, WW, the shape ones are free or low syn depending on flavour, asda do big tubs of fat free yoghurt (rhubarb/vanilla, blueberry or mango/pineapple). Just double check the strawberry ones as some have cochineal in them :)

PatchworkPuss said:
Activia fat free, WW, the shape ones are free or low syn depending on flavour, asda do big tubs of fat free yoghurt (rhubarb/vanilla, blueberry or mango/pineapple). Just double check the strawberry ones as some have cochineal in them :)

Ahh thanks so much! I didn't realise all of these were veggie, so glad I can eat yoghurt on plan again! Will be taking a trip to asda very soon :)

Just to add - not all of the WW yogurts are vegetarian sadly, last time I checked the toffee and vanilla WW yogurts contained gelatine :(

Activia are great though and lots of flavours! x

I've got 2 packs of activia :) they're half price in tesco at the mo so glad I know I can eat them! The toffee and vanilla ww ones are the ones I was drawn to, typical!

My only problem is I'm a big smooth yoghurt lover and activia have bits but I'll get used to it, until I get to asda!

I've never heard of a yoghurt maker before, is it difficult?
i just got one from lakeland and got a spare bowl too i used yeo valley o% pro biotic as my starter first time i made it then after that just use some of my previous yog to make the next all i do is put in 2 tbsp skimmed milk powder 1 litre of uht skimmed milk (i use smartprice) mix add a good dollop of yog n mix carefully (must be pro biotic) switch it on leave 12 hrs then refrigerate after

i worked out nutritional info on syns calc and its syn free im so happy

and it costs less than 60p for a litre

the cheapest yog ive found is aldis fat free at 55p for a 500g tub so i will save alot and the machine will pay for itself in no time

i spent £20 on yog for a weeks worth a few weeks back

Dolil said:
I was wondering if any body knows of any syn free yoghurts that are veggie friendly?

I love my onken vanilla but now it's synned I don't trust myself to have a big pot around. All muller lights have gelatine in :( struggling with sweet cravings and having NO yoghurt I can eat.

The asda ones mentioned earlier are delish. ESP the rhubarb one. This evening I mixed some Splenda, vanilla essence and chopped strawberries into a bowl of aldi fat free Greek yoghurt. It was lovely.

cat yoyo greaves said:
i just got one from lakeland and got a spare bowl too i used yeo valley o% pro biotic as my starter first time i made it then after that just use some of my previous yog to make the next all i do is put in 2 tbsp skimmed milk powder 1 litre of uht skimmed milk (i use smartprice) mix add a good dollop of yog n mix carefully (must be pro biotic) switch it on leave 12 hrs then refrigerate after

i worked out nutritional info on syns calc and its syn free im so happy

and it costs less than 60p for a litre

the cheapest yog ive found is aldis fat free at 55p for a 500g tub so i will save alot and the machine will pay for itself in no time

i spent £20 on yog for a weeks worth a few weeks back

That sounds amazing! Especially if you're a fussy yoghurt eater like me, I'm going to look into one of those :)

Ophelia105 said:
The asda ones mentioned earlier are delish. ESP the rhubarb one. This evening I mixed some Splenda, vanilla essence and chopped strawberries into a bowl of aldi fat free Greek yoghurt. It was lovely.

I used to love that and put half a meringue nest in if I was having a naughty day, felt like a real treat!

Asda is a bit further out for me so will have to wait til I'm passing to pick their yoghurt up. It's sad I'm so excited to have nice yogurts I can eat again!

Dolil said:
I used to love that and put half a meringue nest in if I was having a naughty day, felt like a real treat!

Asda is a bit further out for me so will have to wait til I'm passing to pick their yoghurt up. It's sad I'm so excited to have nice yogurts I can eat again!

Well you did promise me a trip to ASDA!!! Lol.
I bought those activia ones on offer yesterday.. Do the peach ones have syns? I read that somewhere I'm sure..? X

Befanwi said:
Well you did promise me a trip to ASDA!!! Lol.
I bought those activia ones on offer yesterday.. Do the peach ones have syns? I read that somewhere I'm sure..? X

I can't see :( I so wish I could drive to asda but I'm walking in to the eye hospital as we speak xx

Back