Vegetarianisum

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
Im just looking for advice really.

I turned veggie 6 months ago, with no eating fish, meat, poultary or anything that includes geletine or red food colourings as these all include animal parts.

about a month ago i decided to include fish in my diet as I was seriously lacking in energy etc, but now im thinking of adding products with geletine in them. I don't have any inclination to swap to being a meat eater as I hate the thought of eating meat now but I have found since doing weight watchers Im having to eat a lot of high pointed foods just as they dont include geletine.

The products are mainly yogarts (0.5 pts for WW an 1.5 for mullerlights), but the yogarts i can eat are 2pts but dont include the geletine, sugar free jelly pots (this is mainly more for convience), some flavours in Crisps and Snack a Jacks and, although I shouldnt want them, but Sweets. There are more, but I don't know till i look at somthing and they contain geletine, but I didnt realise.

I don't know what to do :(

I think that if you are happy to eat things with geletine in them then there is no reason why you shouldnt, its all about what you are personally happy with.
I think that you should think about the things you really like to eat, not just for how low in points they are. Now that ive become vegan i cant have free jelly anymore but when i really think about it, i dont actually like jelly that much so its not really a loss, and if i really want it the non-sugar free rowntrees ones dont have geletine in and are 1pt.
I dont think adding in fish to your diet would really make a diffrence to your energy levels, anything in fish/meat can be found from other sources, so maybe it would be worth thinking about why your energy is low otherwise?
Ive certainly noticed that my health and my energy are improved since cutting out those things but its all personal. :)

Hi. I have a friend who is vegetarian and also a personal trainer and she always advises me to eat lots of lentils , beans , pulses for protein to boost my energy levels . I don't eat much meat myself but still have some yummy meals like lentil soup, three bean chilli, sweet potato and caulifloer soup , they are all packed full of protein and low in points . x

Back